http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 12:02:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That sound you heard was Dunkleman jumping off of a bridge  (Read 528 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2009, 05:02:05 PM »

Seacrest inks 45 million  3 year deal to host American Idol

I personally don't care for the show anymore (SYTYCD seems far more pure and sincere) but I've always thought Seacrest was a spectacular host- quick with his wit and appropriately supportive of the contestants (not as sincere as Cat Deeley though).

Anyway, I'm happy for him and hope he has continued success.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:42:16 PM »

wow, that's some good money for talking.

I also dont' care for AI and much prefer SYTYCD which is odd since I didn't know squat about dance before the show.  They do a pretty good job of both explaining what's what and making you care about what goes on.  AI seems like too much BS compared to it and I think a large part is Nigel. He's obviously very passionate about dance.
monkyskunk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 01:36:14 AM »

Until recently, I had thought that Dunkleman was let go from American Idol when the producers decided to go with only one host. Can't belive he left on his own accord. That has to be hard to stomach for him.

With that Seacrest deal and the recent offer of 100 million to 144 million for Simon Cowell to return for another season, I wonder how much money Fox is making off of AI?
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 12:17:55 PM »

Quote from: monkyskunk on July 15, 2009, 01:36:14 AM

Until recently, I had thought that Dunkleman was let go from American Idol when the producers decided to go with only one host. Can't belive he left on his own accord. That has to be hard to stomach for him.

With that Seacrest deal and the recent offer of 100 million to 144 million for Simon Cowell to return for another season, I wonder how much money Fox is making off of AI?

He still has several years left on his current contract unless something else is going on. From wiki
In 2006, Cowell signed to two more record-breaking deals. In the USA, he agreed to remain as a judge on American Idol, earning 20 million ($33 million) per season for another five years
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 01:47:06 PM »

Quote from: Toe on July 15, 2009, 12:17:55 PM

Quote from: monkyskunk on July 15, 2009, 01:36:14 AM

He still has several years left on his current contract unless something else is going on. From wiki
In 2006, Cowell signed to two more record-breaking deals. In the USA, he agreed to remain as a judge on American Idol, earning 20 million ($33 million) per season for another five years

He recently negotiated a new contract in the 100-144 million range.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: