http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:23:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks CG modorators.  (Read 1122 times)
dfs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2004, 03:32:17 PM »

Big thank you to the cg staff that agreed to bending the no politics or religion policy here on a test basis.  I hope the work hasn't been too tough on you. It's been healing for me to read today.
Clanwolfer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 03:34:46 PM »

Ditto.  We appreciate the chance you're giving us to show that it can be done in a mostly civil, appropriate manner.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 04:16:07 PM »

I'm sure Jeff Jones will post 5 seconds before me.

It would seem strange to *not* be able to discuss politics during an election season.  But as everyone knows, and the last couple days have demonstrated, tempers can run high and civility can fly out the window.

I think I can safely speak for the other mods that we prefer people moderate themselves.  We'll be step in where necessary but ideally that would happen rarely.  Before I post I (usually!) stop and think "Would I say this if they were sitting in front of me."

I'd rather not use my +1 Mallet of Moderation much unless I really need to.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 04:21:06 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
I'm sure Jeff Jones will post 5 seconds before me.

You can quit the act know, we all know you're the same person.   I have my suspicions about a link between you and U2K as well...  slywink

Seriously though, thanks for the leeway you guys have shown so far.  I think that, for the most part, everybody has been pretty civil even in the "heated" threads.   It's nice to be able to discuss polar opposite viewpoints without things getting out of control.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 04:23:33 PM »

The political threads are already starting to clutter up the page, and it's only going to get worse. Eventually, the mods will have to create a separate R+P forum, and that's when it'll really become a serious pain.

But it's not my forum, so all I can do is watch CG be slowly dragged into the R+P mud just like it happened with GG.

Sigh
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 04:54:52 PM »

Quote from: "Raven"
The political threads are already starting to clutter up the page, and it's only going to get worse. Eventually, the mods will have to create a separate R+P forum, and that's when it'll really become a serious pain.

But it's not my forum, so all I can do is watch CG be slowly dragged into the R+P mud just like it happened with GG.

Sigh

While I appreciate your concerns, I seriously doubt the head honchos here at CG will let anything about this site be dragged into the mud.  The ability to discuss R&P issues here is provisional, based upon us behaving ourselves.  For the most part we have and hopefully will.

As far as the forum front page being cluttered with R&P threads: as I write there are 47 threads in the Off-Topic forum.  Of these there are 11 that are R&P in nature (not counting this one).  Surely 11 threads out of 47 two days after a hotly contested presidential election doesn't seem unreasonable does it?

As always, if you see something in a post that you believe violates the code of conduct, email or PM one of the mods.  You can also (and probably should) hit the exclamation mark in the upper right corner of each post.  That reports the post to a moderator.

And Jeff Jones and I are not the same.  He has more hair.  Or so I'm told.

re: U2K please see the 5th amendment.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 04:57:40 PM »

Since political threads tend to get bumped more often (like this one), it doesn't take many of them to clutter up the page.

biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: