http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:45:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Testament [music]  (Read 762 times)
moghedian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:20:28 PM »

They've been around for over 20! years, playing Metal headbang

It's Testament week at MTV...I don't normally watch MTV but seeing Testament in Alcatraz doing their thing, acoustic and otherwise....

As well as their new release doing better than some other new metal releases......makes me happy for them.  And me!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:46:42 PM »

Quote from: moghedian on May 19, 2008, 11:20:28 PM

They've been around for over 20! years, playing Metal headbang

It's Testament week at MTV...I don't normally watch MTV but seeing Testament in Alcatraz doing their thing, acoustic and otherwise....

As well as their new release doing better than some other new metal releases......makes me happy for them.  And me!

Sweet!  I'm a Testament fan - thanks for the heads up.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 12:21:38 AM »

lol... That's a band I haven't thought about in, oh, 15 years or so.  I'll have to check it out.
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:09:01 AM »

Saw 'em live two nights in a row in Oakland, CA back in '90.

Opening up for them the second night was Primus.

Good times.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »

Yeah, their new one is darn good.  Definitely sounds like their old stuff and just as good... new order and practice what you preach.  They also are on one of the coolest metal tours in recent memory.  Heaven and Hell, Judas Priest, Motorhead, and Testament.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »

Wow, now you're bringing back some memories.  I was a big Testament fan back in the day, so I'll have to check this out.

I'm a disciple of the watch, baby!
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 02:21:01 PM »

80's hard rock and metal bands are coming back in waves this year.  Many are very good... Testament and Whitesnake new releases are top-notch.  If this new Whitesnake's CD (it just came out about a month ago) was released back in the 80's, it would be a million+ seller for sure.  Instead, it won't sell more than 100K today.  Why?  Because there is no marketing or visibility for good music anymore.  My 17 year old daughter loves music and she can't stop listening to the new Whitesnake, loves it.  But if it wasn't for me, she never would have heard it.

Sorry I didn't mean to get off topic.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »

I never really got into Testament in the late 80's when I started listening to metal.  Go figure...anyway, what's a good album to start with?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 02:26:50 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on May 20, 2008, 02:23:30 PM

I never really got into Testament in the late 80's when I started listening to metal.  Go figure...anyway, what's a good album to start with?

Low

One of my personal faves. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »

Low is pretty good.  I would say Practice What You Preach or New Order are up there too.  Of course the new CD, The Formation of Damnation is just as good, perhaps it might be their best.  IMO

Yeah, Testament has never been my favorite metal band but they are very good and very consistent.  Their music doesn't disappoints.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »

Quote from: Torfish on May 20, 2008, 02:35:28 PM

Yeah, Testament has never been my favorite metal band but they are very good and very consistent.  Their music doesn't disappoints.

That's exactly how I felt about them.  There were many other bands that I preferred, but I knew when I bought a Testament album that I would like it.  It was good music.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »

Quote from: Torfish on May 20, 2008, 02:21:01 PM

80's hard rock and metal bands are coming back in waves this year.  Many are very good... Testament and Whitesnake new releases are top-notch.  If this new Whitesnake's CD (it just came out about a month ago) was released back in the 80's, it would be a million+ seller for sure.  Instead, it won't sell more than 100K today.  Why?  Because there is no marketing or visibility for good music anymore.  My 17 year old daughter loves music and she can't stop listening to the new Whitesnake, loves it.  But if it wasn't for me, she never would have heard it.

Sorry I didn't mean to get off topic.

I'll second that.  While Coverdale's voice isn't what it used to be, the music and musicianship is top notch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: