http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 05:27:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrell Owens out for playoffs  (Read 2190 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2004, 10:02:38 PM »

http://nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/8019217

Discuss.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

Shit, no new celebrations until next year.   :x
GungHo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 10:18:06 PM »

I wonder if the Iggles fans cheered while he was laying on the ground?

I had one...
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 10:20:33 PM »

Good riddance.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 10:23:14 PM »

I would say this may be the start of the ESPN curse, but not much chance of that now, I suppose...  :evil:

Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 10:31:47 PM »

Quote from: "GungHo"
I wonder if the Iggles fans cheered while he was laying on the ground?

Nah we only do that for Cowboys. :twisted:  I guess now we see a lot of swing passes to Westbrook and tosses to the tight ends. And maybe McNabb will run a little more instead of trying to be a pocket passer. If he stays in the pocket you have a better chance at sacking him than if he scrambles.
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 10:46:28 PM »

So a 4th straight NFC championship game loss then, eh?
slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 12:15:53 AM »

Talk about hogging the spotlight!. T.O. just wants wants all the 2 week talk between the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl to be about him.  

I really can't see any team beating them in Philly from the NFC, even without T.O. Although I said the exact same thing for the past two years....

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 12:16:26 AM »

Now we're gonna know who is the MVP, McNabb or Owens.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 01:19:56 AM »

AHAHA finally the 49ers trade is worth it!!!
Jolor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 02:57:30 AM »

So a 4th straight NFC championship game loss then, eh?

GO EAGLLLLES!

:wink:
whispa
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 02:00:44 PM »

Bummer for the Iggles hehe...

:twisted:
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 03:26:36 PM »

This is just an excuse for the Eagles to lose in the playoffs again.
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 07:31:07 PM »

I bleed Eagles green, and I was pretty upset after TO went down.  It was fairly obvious that it was going to be a pretty serious injury.  The news yesterday afternoon that his season is over was terrible.  Still, somehow, I'm a lot less nervous about the playoffs now than I was before.  Bad as it was to lose TO, I think the Eagles are going to be alright.  

I'm sticking to my all Pennsylvania SuperBowl prediction:

Eagles over Steelers, 27-14

Another GoneGold refugee.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 08:05:13 PM »

Time for Fred Ex to deliver!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 09:39:52 PM »

Unlike Eagles fans I don't root for anyone to get injured.  :evil:  But I do belive in karma and it seems to have come around and bit TO for being an arrogant jerk.  Too bad because the man is an amazing athlete.  I just wish he had some integrity to go with it.
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 10:52:37 PM »

What's with the bunk about Eagles fans rooting for players to get hurt?  Are there some bad apples in the bunch?  Of course.  Is it baseless and ignorant to conclude that all Eagles fans are a bunch of player-hating thugs?  Of course.

Also, there are certainly aspects of TO's personality I don't embrace (notably, his poor judgment in some of the comments he made about Garcia in the off-season), but to question his "integrity" seems to go a little far.  What has TO done to deserve to have his "integrity" impugned?  I don't think the TD celebrations merit that kind of attack.

GungHo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2004, 04:14:44 AM »

Quote from: "Kurth"
What's with the bunk about Eagles fans rooting for players to get hurt?  Are there some bad apples in the bunch?  Of course.  Is it baseless and ignorant to conclude that all Eagles fans are a bunch of player-hating thugs?  Of course.

Also, there are certainly aspects of TO's personality I don't embrace (notably, his poor judgment in some of the comments he made about Garcia in the off-season), but to question his "integrity" seems to go a little far.  What has TO done to deserve to have his "integrity" impugned?  I don't think the TD celebrations merit that kind of attack.

Well when the whole stadium is cheering an injured player on the field, the bad apples appear to be spilling the cart.  Knowhatimsayin?

Ive talked with several Philly fans(obviously I havent spoken to them all), and to a fan, they all reveled in their reputation as classless asshats.  Doesnt mean they all are; doesnt even mean the ppl I was talking to are(Ive never seen the ppl I talked to at an actual game to judge their conduct for myself).  But they damn sure weren't doing or saying anything to dissuade me from believing it was true.  

As far as his 'integrity' goes...hell I have no idea personally.  But I know good and well that TO knows exactly what kind of persona he presents to the outside(TV watching) world, and he revels in it.  Not exactly outside the realm of human nature to think the guy is an arrogant prick 24/7 when, at every opportunity he gets to change that perception, he simply reenforces it.  

Believe it's called reaping what you sow.

EDIT: Besides all that Kurth, you're talking to ppl from Dallas...ya know the same place that has the Cowboys...the team Michael Irvin played for...the place where TO danced on the Star(yes it's capitalized).   Not a whole lotta love for that fool(or the Iggles) lying around down here.

I had one...
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2004, 05:40:35 AM »

Quote from: "Kurth"
EDIT: Besides all that Kurth, you're talking to ppl from Dallas...ya know the same place that has the Cowboys...the team Michael Irvin played for...the place where TO danced on the Star(yes it's capitalized).   Not a whole lotta love for that fool(or the Iggles) lying around down here.

That was his best celebration.  God I hate the cowboys
slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2004, 08:39:08 AM »

EDIT: Besides all that Kurth, you're talking to ppl from Dallas

Why didn't you put this part first so I wouldn't have had to waste time reading the entire post? :twisted:

...Dallas fans posting in a topic about a Philadelphia player....  :roll:

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 03:42:15 PM »

GungHo wrote:
Besides all that Kurth, you're talking to ppl from Dallas...ya know the same place that has the Cowboys...the team Michael Irvin played for...the place where TO danced on the Star(yes it's capitalized). Not a whole lotta love for that fool(or the Iggles) lying around down here.

It's all good then.  I have about as much respect for Dallas and their fans as you do for the GreenBirds, so fair is fair.  Enjoy the off-season smile

GungHo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 04:45:41 PM »

Quote from: "slackerjoe"
EDIT: Besides all that Kurth, you're talking to ppl from Dallas

Why didn't you put this part first so I wouldn't have had to waste time reading the entire post? :twisted:

...Dallas fans posting in a topic about a Philadelphia player....  :roll:

So...just cause Im a Dallas fan means I dont get to talk about philly players?

You've stolen my  :roll: , sir.

Hey Kurth, respect or disprespect Dallas fans, I dont give a shit.  But you dont see me cheering an injured player now do you?  As for the off-season, I think Ill spend it staring at those 5 Super Bowl trophies...maybe you can come join me after the NFC Championship Game.  You wont be doing anything anyways.   :lol:

I had one...
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2004, 05:23:04 AM »

GungHo wrote:
Hey Kurth, respect or disprespect Dallas fans, I dont give a shit. But you dont see me cheering an injured player now do you?

Well, if you could point me to the instance where you saw me cheering an injured Dallas player, maybe I'd understand your point.

As for the off-season, I think Ill spend it staring at those 5 Super Bowl trophies...

Well, why limit yourself to the off-season?  Given the team Dallas put on the field this season, I wouldn't blame you if decided to spend all of next season staring at those old trophies.  That would probably be immeasurably more entertaining than watching your team actually play!   biggrin

Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2004, 11:19:48 PM »

I miss the old days when Dallas wasn't just a speed bump in the road to the playoffs. There were some good games there. Now.... Well I believe someone mentioned karma? unibrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: