http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 08:19:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TCU vs. OU - Frogs for teh win!!1!  (Read 1046 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2005, 07:58:32 PM »

TCU: 17
OU: 10

Hey OU - you've just been

biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 08:17:02 PM »

Awesome.  Just watched the end of it after the Wisconsin/Bowling Green shootout.

Not a big OU fan.  Go horned frogs!

Thank God for college football season!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 09:46:48 PM »

My school kicked butt!!!! YAY!  Purple and white for teh win!

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 12:54:11 AM »

Yeah I watched most of the second half of this. Oklahoma looked really bad, TCU looked pretty good, and OK suprised me-not by losing-but by showing absolutely no ability to dig deep and pull this out. It was, for a program of Oklahoma's caliber and talent, a shocking, apalling loss that will end their season for all intents and purposes before it begins.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 04:39:28 AM »

Holy crap... three ranked teams lost today all to unranked teams. What the hell happened in the off-season? Rhetorical question because my Frogs whooped OU. smile Do you have any idea how bizarre that sounds, but how improbable a repeat of that in my lifetime is? biggrin

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 03:57:22 PM »

That game was great, and TCU beating OU is fantastic for the MWC.  Any time one of our teams (other than BYU, of course) can knock off a ranked opponent, I'm a happy man.  smile

This adds even more intrigue to the game 2 weeks from now when my Utes travel to TCU.  Both schools have this one circled as the 'make or break' game for the conference, and I think it'll be one hell of a fight.

soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 06:47:16 PM »

Hats of the Frogs they beat my Sooners in just about every series.  OU is in for a long season unless they get the offense tightened up.  There were a few key plays that could have turned the game around.  
1. The first pass by OU missed a wide open Travis Wilson for a sure td.
2. The fumble by Paul Thompson at the 5yd line of TCU.
3. The Failure to get in the endzone after blocking the punt.
4. The Fumble by Rex Bhomar in the early 4th quarter on our own 20.  

But hey the Frogs dominated on D pretty much.  Stopped AP for most of the game save for the first drive of the 3rd quarter.  Overall TCU wanted the game more and showed they were the better team on Saturday.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 08:35:29 PM »

I was at that game!  I have some friends who went to OU and some who went to TCU so we all caravaned up there.  I was just hoping for a great football game.  TCU definitely has a great start on the season.  If they can play like that every game they will dominate.  They tore up the rookie offensive line and stopped AP cold.  And the short slants and crossing patterns just dubmfounded the OU secondary.

OU definitely looked like the young team it is.  They haven't lost in their own stadium in 5 years and haven't lost a home opener in 10 years.  Stoops is feeling the pain of losing a large chunk of veterans, especially the offensive line.  I'm sure he'll rebuild over the season, but this is why I love college football.  You never know what's going to happen and the chances are much greater for an upset due to the parity of talent.

I have to take my hat off to the OU fans, though.  They were gracious, friendly and very mature.  They truly love football and respect the game and fellow fans.  I can't count how many people came up to my TCU friends and either congratulated them or even shook their hands.  Very impressive and not something I see here in Texas very much.

Congrats TCU!  An amazing football game and an excellent showing all around.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 09:24:44 PM »

Quote from: "Jancelot"
I was at that game!  I have some friends who went to OU and some who went to TCU so we all caravaned up there.  I was just hoping for a great football game.  TCU definitely has a great start on the season.  If they can play like that every game they will dominate.  They tore up the rookie offensive line and stopped AP cold.  And the short slants and crossing patterns just dubmfounded the OU secondary.

OU definitely looked like the young team it is.  They haven't lost in their own stadium in 5 years and haven't lost a home opener in 10 years.  Stoops is feeling the pain of losing a large chunk of veterans, especially the offensive line.  I'm sure he'll rebuild over the season, but this is why I love college football.  You never know what's going to happen and the chances are much greater for an upset due to the parity of talent.

I have to take my hat off to the OU fans, though.  They were gracious, friendly and very mature.  They truly love football and respect the game and fellow fans.  I can't count how many people came up to my TCU friends and either congratulated them or even shook their hands.  Very impressive and not something I see here in Texas very much.

Congrats TCU!  An amazing football game and an excellent showing all around.

Lets also give Oklahoma this-several good teams lost to ranked opponents, and Oklahoma had class in defeat-a trait I think is sometimes much more valuable than graciousness in victory.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 03:51:55 PM »

SMU: 21
TCU: 10

Serious, WTF?  SMU's biggest victory since they were busted.  I didn't get to go to this one but all my TCU friends were there.  They said it was ridiculous how poorly TCU performed.  This should've been a sure win.  I guess that's what the team thought too and got a taste of what OU felt like last week.  Doh.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 04:13:23 PM »

Yeah, that was all kinds of embarrassing. FH was looking at scores online yesterday and bragging about how badly Tech ruled their competition, and I glanced over and saw the final TCU score. I think my jaw punched a hole in the floor. That's just sad. And we were RANKED too after OU! Gah!!!

/ashamed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: