http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 07:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Take a tour of Newegg  (Read 1010 times)
ScubaV
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2008, 12:19:30 AM »

A virtual one anyway.

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=3315&p=1

Interesting little article/photo shoot.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 12:51:28 AM »

With revenues well over $1B a year, Newegg is no longer the seemingly small operation it once was and the company is much less shy.

Wow. And just think - I'm part of that amazing number. I really gotta cut back spending money there. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 01:41:32 AM »

It's pretty amazing how fast they've become one of the major players in hardware.  I took a consumer survey the other day and was surprised at first when I saw Newegg.com listed as one of the options when it asked about where I had bought a computer part.  Then I realized that I shouldn't have been surprised at all.

More importantly, they've done this without losing the customer service and ease of use that made then attractive to begin with.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 02:55:56 AM »

All you have to do to enter is head over here and you've got until June 1st 2008 to enter.

You intentionally posted this thread 20 days late, didn't you?!   crybaby

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 04:27:30 AM »

newegg was sucking for a while. but i just ordered a cpu on sale and they shipped it out the next day. so looks they got a grip again. slowly but surely their awesome deals will net me a new computer.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 04:51:57 AM »

Awesome!

Just a couple of weeks ago my buddy and I were talking about how fast Newegg's shipping was, and he jokingly said they must use Oompah-Loompahs. Inspired, I sent them a feedback asking them if they employed Oompah-Loompahs, and if indeed they were *psychic* Oompah-Loompahs since they seemed to have my order ready before I had even placed it. I then begged them to send out 5 golden tickets so I may be lucky enough to tour their factory.  icon_lol
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 05:57:18 AM »

I've spent over $2,000 with them in the last 6 months.  I  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. neweeg.

morlac00 on PSN
Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »

Wow.  Talk about nerd heaven.  I'd love a 10 minute shopping spree in that warehouse.

I thought this was interesting...
even Newegg employees must order from the website. No product is allowed to leave the warehouse without an order attached to it, and even then it must be delivered by UPS or FedEx, it can't be hand-carried out

16-bit and loving it!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 06:31:07 PM »

i read this a while ago when they first released the story...pretty impressive technology at use to keep all the orders correct and on time.  while the inner workings of the warehouse are very cool, i think one of the most incredible things is that they do enough business that they have their own UPS center to handle all of the shipping.  i guess that helps to explain how they get your order out so quickly.  now that Newegg has started opening warehouses in other locations, i can place an order in CT and have it on my doorstep 2-3 days later with regular shipping.  service like that is hard to beat...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »

The pictures are amazing to me.  Just millions and millions of dollars in inventory sitting around nonchalantly stacked in the crevices of shelves.  I've thought for several years about getting a PSP but could never pull the trigger and spend several hundred to acquire one.  There they are in a picture, about six or seven of them just stacked right on top of each other, with dozens more behind those no doubt.  Buying my plasma TV two years ago was the biggest purchase (that didn't involve financing) I've ever made, yet there's a picture with a dozen boxed 60" plasmas just hanging out on a warehouse floor.  All pretty astounding for a miserly skinflint like myself smile
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »

Quote from: kathode on June 21, 2008, 07:26:34 PM

The pictures are amazing to me.  Just millions and millions of dollars in inventory sitting around nonchalantly stacked in the crevices of shelves. 

I'm guessing the security is not nonchalantly sitting idle while the inventory is nonchalantly sitting around.  icon_wink

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 08:27:20 PM »

Alright, official GT get together at the Newegg warehouse.  If we all break in there at once and just start grabbing as much as we can, I'm guessing only a small percentage of us will get caught. 

16-bit and loving it!
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 04:30:02 AM »

Sounds good.  I’ll wait outside with a big truck.  You guys can load it up and I will drive it away to “safety”.    icon_biggrin
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 11:01:17 PM »

Quote from: Windows95 on June 21, 2008, 08:27:20 PM

Alright, official GT get together at the Newegg warehouse.  If we all break in there at once and just start grabbing as much as we can, I'm guessing only a small percentage of us will get caught. 

Just flash your badge at them and tell them we need it for evidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: