http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 06:00:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Switching from Iphone 4S to Samsung Galaxy S4?  (Read 403 times)
KC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2013, 06:24:34 PM »

I'm thinking of switching from a Verizon Iphone 4S to a Samsung Galaxy S4. My primary reason is to get a bigger screen. I don't run any iOS specific apps, so I'm not concerned about the quantity and quality of the apps stores. I do use my pda to access work MS Outlook based email, contacts and calendar. I've had syncing problems on my Iphone, particularly the Outlook calendar. Can anyone give me their 2 cents as to whether this is a good move or not?

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 06:45:31 PM »

Quote from: KC on June 13, 2013, 06:24:34 PM

I'm thinking of switching from a Verizon Iphone 4S to a Samsung Galaxy S4. My primary reason is to get a bigger screen. I don't run any iOS specific apps, so I'm not concerned about the quantity and quality of the apps stores. I do use my pda to access work MS Outlook based email, contacts and calendar. I've had syncing problems on my Iphone, particularly the Outlook calendar. Can anyone give me their 2 cents as to whether this is a good move or not?

A coworker of mine has an s4 and loves it. A couple others have an s3 and love it. Your outlook needs should be just fine on any android phone, though I've never had any problems on my ipad with that either....

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 06:56:56 PM »

Based on your usage I'd say the only concern you should have is whether or not your company allows the S3/S4 or Android phones to connect to their servers.  If it's a large company, they may not.

Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »

Quote from: KC on June 13, 2013, 06:24:34 PM

I've had syncing problems on my Iphone, particularly the Outlook calendar.

I've been fighting the occasional iOS / Exchange calendar sync issues for years.  FWIW I never had an issue with my Droid Charge syncing.
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 09:39:48 PM »

When I switched to a S3 last year from iPhone, when I setup the mail client on the S3 for my company's exchange server it was going to push all manner of restrictions on my phone, so I just rooted it and installed a patched email.apk that does not honor the restrictions trying to be imposed by active sync. Outside of that the switch was pretty painless and I def like bigger screen vs my iPhone 4.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »

Quote from: Mystic95Z on June 13, 2013, 09:39:48 PM

When I switched to a S3 last year from iPhone, when I setup the mail client on the S3 for my company's exchange server it was going to push all manner of restrictions on my phone, so I just rooted it and installed a patched email.apk that does not honor the restrictions trying to be imposed by active sync. Outside of that the switch was pretty painless and I def like bigger screen vs my iPhone 4.

Which is exactly why lots of large companies don't allow Android at all slywink
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 11:32:05 PM »

I just switched to the HTC One from the 4S and couldn't be happier.   I have no exchange issues,  but I'm required to use a 3rd party app (TouchDown),  which actually works out great because I was able to Root and it not be against company policy (jail breaking is),  so hello free LTE hotspot.   Additionally I don't have to type in a Pin number each time I unlock   the phone.

When I moved from the original Evo to the 4s I noticed a significant improvement in iOS apps vs android apps.   I  now feel the quality of Android apps is a whole lot better,  with the apps I use most often being of equal quality to the iOS version.

I also think you should compare the HTC One to the s4, hold both then decide.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 12:52:14 AM »

I have a Note 2 that I switched to from an iphone and I'll never look back. Bigger screen, quicker response time, easier to switch between apps, and oh it also works a zillion times better as an actual phone.

Apple basically shoehorned phone capabilities into an itouch device whereas Samsung knows how to make an actual phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 12:56:30 AM »

Thanks for all of the feedback! Sounds like switching is the way to go, especially since the larger screen is my top priority.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: