http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 12:50:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suzuki Katana '89 Anyone know a little about bikes?  (Read 635 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2005, 03:15:32 AM »

I'm looking at getting a motorcycle (preferably sports bike) but looking around the $3000 price range. (Tough, I know.)
I used to have a Kawasaki Ninja some years back and miss riding now more than ever. So it's time to get back again..

Today at the dealership (www.pompanopats.com) they had a good selection of bikes.
There is one in particular, a Suzuki Katana 1989 (1100) for $3500 out the door. 30K miles. Looks like it's in good condition. Comes with 30 day warranty and the owner coudn't stress enough it was the "original colors". Being a bigger guy (6'2 and 230 pounds) he said he would recommend that bike.

The year is about the only thing that bothers me. 1989 was a loooooong time ago! But it looked almost as good as the newer bikes (not some box with 2 weels on it or something like that) they said it ran perfectly and they'd put on new tires and get it cleaned up and checkd a second time before I took it.
Started it up and it ran fine, a little louder than my kawasaki ninja (which was basically silent which was something I liked) but sounded fine. No test ride unfortunately because of "liability".

Some of the other alternatives were some 1992-1994 bikes (around 750cc) but he said they were "smaller" compared to the katana. (Not as long or something. I don't pretend to know a lot about bikes because I don't.)

So any other motorcycle enthusiasts out there? What do you think? A suzuki 1989 katana (1100cc) for $3500 out the door. 30k miles.
Sound like a decent deal?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 06:47:46 AM »

Be sure to join up.  Tongue
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 08:01:35 AM »

I don't claim I know much about motorcycles but I do own and ride one, just a little ninja 250.

Just curious, how long have you been riding?

Here're a few good websites to ask questions in:
http://www.beginnerandbeyond.com
http://www.beginnerbikers.org/

I'm a beginner so those are the forums I visit but they have seasoned riders there too to answer your questions.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 11:54:05 PM »

Katana 1100's are fantastic bikes.

That Suzuki motor in there was built damn well, and is what a lot of drag racers use to hop up and race with.

That motor is also extremely powerful, but can be a little buzzy when travelling for a long time.

My advice is to look under the rear fender for bits of rubber stuck under there.
This will tell you if the old owner was beating on it and "laying rubber" with it.

Also check out the chain and sprockets, and ask how long ago the valves on the engine were checked.

They were well-made bikes, but some owners did a lot of street racing with them.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: