http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 12:28:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Survivor 4/10  (Read 4005 times)
Toe
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 02, 2008, 05:27:27 AM

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 28, 2008, 01:15:34 AM

It's going to be great fun watching those chicks turn on one another.  icon_twisted

Sweeeeeeeettttttt!!!  Amanda you go girl!!!

Nice job on the editing to keep us in suspense.  Sad to see yet another member go for medical reasons, unbelievable this season.  But the timing worked out well and allowed for the whole set up for this week.

Very tough to predict anything now.  Erik is the biggest challenge threat (and a legitimate final contender), Amanda seriously upped her stock as biggest jury threat (unlike last season) with good gameplay and having James move to the jury.  Cirie is gonna need to scheme big time to pull off an upset, and Parvati is in a bad position regardless of what she does, all she can hope for is 2nd or 3rd after screwing over too many people.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I think all Amanda did was delay her destiny another week. Sure she could win immunity, but not so confident in that. Not sure why they voted off alexis over the other one. Alexis's knee still seemed to be causing her a lot of problems which puts her in pretty big disadvantage in any phyical challenge. I would have gone for the other or one of the masterminds like Cerie.

tgb1.1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2008, 01:14:16 PM »

The last three episodes have really turned this season around for me.  I still think Cirie will take it.

"My performance in Postal as 'Nazi Theme Park Owner' outperforms easily Ben Kingsley in Schindler's List!" - Uwe Boll
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2008, 02:39:33 PM »

Quote from: Toe on May 02, 2008, 01:12:33 PM

Not sure why they voted off alexis over the other one. Alexis's knee still seemed to be causing her a lot of problems which puts her in pretty big disadvantage in any phyical challenge. I would have gone for the other or one of the masterminds like Cerie.

Amanda's trying to get her, Parvati and Cirie into the final three.  Between the other two girls, I think Alexis was probably viewed as the bigger favorite to win should she make it to the end.  Natalie might be the bigger threat in challenges but I think they're looking to the end game at this point.

XBox Live:  JNacht
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on May 02, 2008, 02:39:33 PM

Quote from: Toe on May 02, 2008, 01:12:33 PM

Not sure why they voted off alexis over the other one. Alexis's knee still seemed to be causing her a lot of problems which puts her in pretty big disadvantage in any phyical challenge. I would have gone for the other or one of the masterminds like Cerie.

Amanda's trying to get her, Parvati and Cirie into the final three.  Between the other two girls, I think Alexis was probably viewed as the bigger favorite to win should she make it to the end.  Natalie might be the bigger threat in challenges but I think they're looking to the end game at this point.

They may also be thinking they need the strongest girls to have a chance at getting immunity away from Eric.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »

Poor James - that finger of his looked really nasty! Would have liked to see how long he lasted.

Amanda pulls out the idol: I love it! Did you see the look on Natalie's face before the votes were counted? She was truly worried she was gone - too bad she wasn't.

How about that game they played with the questions about each other? They thought Parvati was the one who thought she was in control? It's Cirie, but nobody knows it yet. Cirie is going to sneak under the radar to the end if they don't vote her out soon.

Next week: I wonder if the girls will make a mud wrestling pit and jump into it to fight it out to the death.

As for eye candy? What about Amanda & Parvati? Very nice to look at.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »

Yikes. What some boneheaded moves. First not sending elf girl to exile where a hidden immunity idol would have almost assured him a spot in the finals, but then giving over the immunity necklace? Damn what an idiot.

I am not a big fan of Cires, but I have to give her credit for coming up with that seemingly-impossible plan as well as to the rest of the girls for actually pulling it off.

The only bad thing about the plan is, that due to all his previous stupidness, he was destined to be least likely to get jury votes. I guess the each girl did not want to take a chance of him not picking them after he won the final immunity.
iloveplywood
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 04:57:05 PM »

I don't really like Cires, but she is one of the best scheming survivor players ever.  So-so socially, horrible at the challenges, yet somehow manages to always do well. 

Obviously, Eric is a survivor moron.  A nice moron, but no way does he deserve to be in the final four.  In a sense, though, he was right that he had no chance of winning.  Too many favorites were going to be on the jury and frankly, the fans just don't have the same bonds as the favorites so I'm not sure they would all vote for Eric anyway.  He had almost no chance at the million -- of course his chance was zero without immunity.  I can't believe he did that, I really can't . . .

Should be an interesting final show -- I think Amanda could be in trouble if Nat wins immunity.  I'm sure Cires is really not pleased that Amanda is still in the game -- she wins the jury vote easily.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

What an absolute DORK! I gotta give the women credit for pulling that one off. Did you see the jury reaction when he gave the necklace to Natalie? He was the only one who didn't get that he was being played. DORK!

It'll be interesting to see the cat fight next week to see who gets booted.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2008, 05:59:21 PM »

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!  Best episode ever, well maybe best after the original series' finale.  Go go "Jedi mind trick!!!"

Almost unbelievable they were able to manipulate him, but it certianly made for classic TV viewing.  This whole season almost seems like it was scripted for maximum fun.  Just a coincidence? 

Now in Eric's defense, his thinking was probably at least not too far off.  Looking at the jury, he may have had like 1 jury vote (Jason - or did he betray him too, I forgot?) no matter who he was in the finals with.  If the plan really worked, and actually it could have, he may have garnered another vote or 2 (from Natalie at least).  So coupled with the "sexy and sweet" girls (I love the way he phrased that lol) confusing him, plus his youth (I guess he's only 18?), I guess it's understandable.  At the very least he was in control of his own destiny/gamble, as opposed to being 100% blind-sided.

I would love to see Amanda win this season, but I think Cirie may have a better shot as she's always been more popular.

P.S.  Paulbot, don't forget the finale is this Sunday, not next week!!!
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2008, 06:14:57 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 09, 2008, 05:59:21 PM

P.S.  Paulbot, don't forget the finale is this Sunday, not next week!!!

RIGHT! My DVR has got it covered, so even if I forget, it won't!

From a comment made last night by Jeff, I think Eric is 21. One of the questions he answered was from a season seven years ago, and Jeff mentioned he was 14 at the time that season was aired.

Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »

James said in an earlier episode "I thought I was the dumbest person to ever play survivor" well that crown has changed hands so many times this season but it's fitting a super fan ends up with it.  Why? What could he possibly benefit by giving up the necklace.  The only other time a necklace has been given up the person who gave it up new she wouldn't be voted out anyway and it threw the others into a last minute scramble where they couldn't plan.  Eric should have just said if you guys want Amanda or Parv out I'll vote with you but I see no reason to give you my necklace, he should have pointed out to them that he would be doing them a favor by being their third in the 2 vs. 3 vote that they were planning.  I mean come on if they weren't trying to backstab him they wouldn't have ever asked for the necklace in the first place they would have just asked for his vote.  Man people who are so desperate to be liked should never go on this show it reminded me of the dolphin trainer guy who gave up his spot in the final two if the other two people would forgive him and be his friend after the show ended, fucking idiots, if they are worth having as friends they would see that what you did was part of a game and not be such poor losers as to hold it over you afterwards.  Eric shouldn't even show up to the reunion, there is no way he can spin that move and save any face.

Next episode Cire and Nat will surely come up with the plan to convince Parv that they absolutely have to get rid of Amanda and point out why.  Right now you would think the ending would be an obvious conclusion all depending on if Amanda can win the final immunity, if she does she'll win hands down unless she keeps Nat over one of the other two as the final 3.  Keeping Nat as a lesser threat could actually turn some of the jury against her but should she stay true to Cire and Parv she really doesn't have enough negative votes on the jury and will most likely win.  If Amanda loses immunity the other 3 would be idiots if they didn't vote her off, her only chance is that Parv realizes that she can't beat Cire or Amanda in a final 3 so she might as well keep a friendship intact and force the tie breaker that is providing that Amanda and Parv realize that Cire will vote out Amanda even if Nat doesn't have the immuntiy.  There is always the small chance the jury will vote who is most deserving of the win and not who they like the most and Cire really deserves the win more also if Nat is left as one of the final 3 she will play the I'm the only Fan left and I still got all the way to the end card which has worked in past survivor finals.  The more I think about it the more ways I think it could still play out.

It's funny I thought Amanda played a much better strategic game last season and deserved the win more than this season but she somehow ended up 3rd last year when I figured it would have been a one vote difference between her and Todd for the win, she must have blown the final tribal council (I missed it) to go out that way.  This season she has played the nice girl since the merge and tried not to be such a behind the scenes leader like Cire is doing and it looks like she has the jury on her side, but I thought that she had them last season also.

Something I've been curious about this season with so many people leaving the game between tribal counsels. In past seasons if someone had to leave or quit they usually played for fun and there was no tribal counsel, this season they leave but they still played and went to counsel so were they actually out there a shorter amount of time than the regular 39 days or did they extend the amount of time between immunity challenges the last few weks and edit that out to make up for the fewer number of tribal counsels needed to get down to 3 people left?

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!  Best episode ever, well maybe best after the original series' finale.

This season has gone from pretty "meh" early on to probably one of my favorite seasons of survivor ever. The backstabs, blindsides and stupidity just keep coming. I can't wait to see how this one ends Sunday night! About the only thing that could disappoint me now is a win by Parvati and I don't see how that could even happen.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2008, 06:38:18 PM »

Quote from: Rich on May 09, 2008, 06:25:49 PM

It's funny I thought Amanda played a much better strategic game last season and deserved the win more than this season but she somehow ended up 3rd last year when I figured it would have been a one vote difference between her and Todd for the win, she must have blown the final tribal council (I missed it) to go out that way.  This season she has played the nice girl since the merge and tried not to be such a behind the scenes leader like Cire is doing and it looks like she has the jury on her side, but I thought that she had them last season also.

Something I've been curious about this season with so many people leaving the game between tribal counsels. In past seasons if someone had to leave or quit they usually played for fun and there was no tribal counsel, this season they leave but they still played and went to counsel so were they actually out there a shorter amount of time than the regular 39 days or did they extend the amount of time between immunity challenges the last few weks and edit that out to make up for the fewer number of tribal counsels needed to get down to 3 people left?

Totally agree on Amanda from last season.  I thought she deserved to win when she won the final couple of challenges, not to mention organizing the removal of James (IIRC).  What happened was she totally sucked it up during the final tribal council.  She couldn't put together a good speech, was totally apologetic and defensive and lacked any sort of confidence.  In the mean time, Todd was confident, spoke well, took pride in his backstabs and weaknesses and his "game" - basically he played a mini-Richard Hatch.

I don't know how they managed the time this season, or the episodes (were there fewer?). 

Regarding Eric, I think he can still spin himself as being vexed by too many hot chicks on an island lol.  And like I said earlier, in his mind he had no game left for the final, so he needed a desperation move.  Of course it was still a stupid desperation move, but I think many contestants have said that after being on the island for extended periods of time, the brain starts to misfire.  One of the things I don't like is how many food rewards they get, I prefer to see them really trying to "survive" and face the consequences of losing their minds, etc.  Remember that first season where they weighed themselves toward the end and how much weight they'd lost, that was cool.   
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2008, 06:43:49 PM »

Erik: What can you say about Erik:
1. Very young
2. Very naive
3. Totally impressionable by women...think he might have a bit of a Mommy issue..
4. Self esteem issues aplenty. In his parting comments he even said he felt honored the old players even acknowledged him.

I do feel a bit sorry for him though. Might be my Daddy side coming out. I know he's going to be the butt of jokes for many months to come.
I just hope the majority of people that cross his path leave this youngster with some dignity, and stress to him that it was his innocence and naivety that got him voted off, not stupidity.

And for my pick for winner?
I really would love to see Cirri win. I dig her style. I love her smile. I think she is cool, smart, and very devious in her own sweet way.
You go girl!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:46:33 PM by Arclight » Logged

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »

Erik could never quite seem to get over being awestruck that he was actually on Survivor.  For the entire season, up until the end, he was saying things that showed how he viewed himself as somehow being not on par with the rest of the players, not as much of a celebrity, not on the same level game-wise.  Definitely a lack of self-confidence and naivete.  Natalie's reaction to the "plan" was the same as mine - there's no way anyone would ever believe this. 

I thought it was interesting that when she first proposed giving up the necklace, his immediate reaction was "there's no way that's happening".  Cut to tribal, and he gives it up.  All I can figure is that the intervening 7 or 8 hours (not shown) of constant pressure and mindgames must have just completely warped his thinking. 

At this point I'm rooting for Amanda or Cirie.  I can't stand Natalie or Parvati.  Amanda is just an all-around good competitor, and Cirie is quite possibly one of the smartest people to ever play.  Sucks at physical challenges and isn't that great socially, but she always figures out what's going on and how to put herself on the winning side of things. 

Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on May 09, 2008, 06:27:00 PM

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!  Best episode ever, well maybe best after the original series' finale.

This season has gone from pretty "meh" early on to probably one of my favorite seasons of survivor ever. The backstabs, blindsides and stupidity just keep coming. I can't wait to see how this one ends Sunday night! About the only thing that could disappoint me now is a win by Parvati and I don't see how that could even happen.

I agree I think you can make an argument to justify anyone of the three left besides Parvati winning it all.  The only thing that Parvati really did was kind of change the power alliance from the 2 couples early on to the girls from both tribes working together but she wasn't alone in coming up with that move or executing it but she is the focus of the fault of the couple alliance falling apart.

Oh, I also miss the days of the starving people, season 2 in Australia was the best I thought at making them "survive" it was also the longest one.  I miss the bag of rice and luxury items and fewer food rewards. 

Did they not have a car reward last season?  I thought they usually did the car reward with 5 people left and a long obstacle course made up of all the previous challenges.

PS3 - PTCynic
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2008, 09:21:21 PM »

Yeah I can't remember if they had a car (and the requisite car jinx) last season...

On Erik, after discussing with a friend at lunch, I'd say in his defense:

On paper, it would have been the smarter move for both Natalie AND Cirie to follow through with the original plan and eliminate Amanda so as to not face her in the Final 3.  I'm really not sure where Erik was going with Parvati, unless it was just that he was horny for Amanda.  Had they followed through, all 4 remaining players would have fairly equal amounts of back-stabbees on the jury and it would have been anyone's game.  Of course, Cirie may have felt with Amanda gone, she'd be the biggest jury threat and get knocked off.

Interesting permutations now depending on who wins immunity.

Parv wins: I'd assume she takes Cirie and Amanda, I don't think she can afford to backstab either of them and have any credibility left.  Amanda should win the million unless she is as inarticulate as she was last year.

Nat wins: I don't know what would happen, but this would be the most interesting.  Likely they'd get rid of Amanda, in which case Cirie would win.

Amanda wins: dump Nat and likely she should win

Cirie wins: another interesting permutation.  Could she get rid of Amanda?  If so, she likely wins. 
MHS
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2008, 11:00:14 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 09, 2008, 09:21:21 PM

Yeah I can't remember if they had a car (and the requisite car jinx) last season...

On Erik, after discussing with a friend at lunch, I'd say in his defense:

On paper, it would have been the smarter move for both Natalie AND Cirie to follow through with the original plan and eliminate Amanda so as to not face her in the Final 3.  I'm really not sure where Erik was going with Parvati, unless it was just that he was horny for Amanda.  Had they followed through, all 4 remaining players would have fairly equal amounts of back-stabbees on the jury and it would have been anyone's game.  Of course, Cirie may have felt with Amanda gone, she'd be the biggest jury threat and get knocked off.

Interesting permutations now depending on who wins immunity.

Parv wins: I'd assume she takes Cirie and Amanda, I don't think she can afford to backstab either of them and have any credibility left.  Amanda should win the million unless she is as inarticulate as she was last year.

Nat wins: I don't know what would happen, but this would be the most interesting.  Likely they'd get rid of Amanda, in which case Cirie would win.

Amanda wins: dump Nat and likely she should win

Cirie wins: another interesting permutation.  Could she get rid of Amanda?  If so, she likely wins. 

Agreed.  I thought that Cirie, Erik, and Nat would blindside Amanda... they wanted to vote for her last week, why wouldn't they take the opportunity this week?  I mean, I know Cirie likes Amanda but Amanda really is the biggest threat left.  I don't see the logic.

They definitely didn't do a car last season, I remember saying they must not be getting enough of the market to be able to convince people to throw in free cars.  It's too bad, the car jinx was an interesting side note.

I can't see Natalie winning immunity so I think it's pretty much Amanda's game to lose at this point... which she could still do if she's as worthless at the final tribal council as she was last season.  Hopefully she learned from her mistake.  I really like Cirie and think that she played a super-powerful, strategic, smart game, but I think so much of that really was behind the scenes that people won't give her credit so I can't see her winning. And Parvarti is just a pretty coat-tails rider.

I thought it ended up being a good season, despite the slow start.

"they're lucky they found an MHS out there, otherwise their fates would have been sealed."
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2008, 07:50:38 AM »

I remember that GM pulled out of being the so called official car company of survivor when they did the separate the tribes by race experiment.  They were afraid of a public backlash or something but I'm pretty sure another company came in and did at least that season.

Oh and one other thing the challenges this year have been pretty lame well at least since the merge they have been.  They had the normal question and answer one to eliminate your competition that they use to try to figure out the pecking order of the alliances, they pulled the hold your breath one back out, they did the shoot something with something challenge, nothing really interesting.  I actually kind of miss the story time with Jeff challenges from older seasons.  I'd like to see one that had more to do with surviving like a get a coconut out of a tree and then fill a glass with it's milk kind of challenge.  Hell we didn't get the run around trying to fill a bucket with a hole in it challenge or a start a fire and burn a rope challenge .  I never remember a challenge based on eating really nasty shit either which should have been in there for a season based around long time fans getting to be on the show.  Actually most of the challenges this year on land have been kind of small from what I remember like they are lacking any large open areas that are safe enough for running around without another survivor getting stabbed through the knee with a stick.  I hope they find room so that the last immunity challenge is at least the giant maze with numerous items to gather challenge although since they went to a final of 3 instead of 2 they lost the how bad do you want it endurance challenge and I miss that simple but tough one. 

After reading my own post here I've realized that the location this year just sucked, it's a good thing they did a good job with the casting of the favorites to make it this interesting.

PS3 - PTCynic
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2008, 04:46:39 PM »

I think the last time they gave away a vehicle it was a Ford truck. Remember when Yau-Man won it and gave it to Dreamz? I don't think they've given a vehicle away since.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »

HOLY F-ING CRAP!!!!

(Spoilers from finale follow)

Yet AGAIN my girl Amanda wins the final 2 immunity challenges, is dissed at the finale and loses, even with only 1 competitor in the final 2.  I can't get over it.  I guess the message is backstabbing=good for the final?  Or Proudly Backstabbing is the way to go, maybe.  I think a lot of it is the editing as well.  Parv clearly wiled her way into the hearts of many, the girl knows how to flirt.  Conversely, I think Amanda is edited to seem more likable to to the audience, but likely in reality appears more vapid and weak.  She didn't say much at all at the end (edited?) but what she did say was fairly weak and insubstantial.... again! 

I guess in the end Parv was given the credit for being "mastermind" and got the key swing votes (Jason and Eliza) because of it.  I was still very surprised, I wish they would have discussed the voting by those 2 a bit more.  Eliza clearly was torn, but I think Amanda's constant crying and weepage just annoyed her more than being attacked by the Parv.

A great season with a kind of annoying ending.  While twists and change ups are good, the swapping between 2 or 3 in the final is kind of aggravating.  I really think Amanda deserved to win even more so this time around.  Her game play finding and playing the immunity idol was absolutely brilliant, she won tough challenges in the end and didn't backstab the majority of the jury.  78 out of 78 days played, the girl is still a winner in my book.  At least she gets Ozzy as a booby prize.

The interesting thing to contemplate is what if Amanda brought Cirie.  I thought it was a shoe-in for Cirie but was it?  I think the voting would have swung the same way, all except for Parvati herself, who might very well have voted for her better friend, Amanda.  Don't know how they'd settle a tie breaker.

And what if they had left it a Final 3?  Again my feeling is Erik, Ozzy and James stick with Amanda, the other 2 girls with Parv and maybe Jason and Eliza go with Cirie. 

Ah well.  Not sure if I'm coming back for the next season, will just have to see.
xenocide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2008, 07:25:20 AM »

I am ok with Parv wining.  Especially after Amanda's pathetic final tribal.  She basically came right out and said "Parv controlled things."  I read these threads and people always worry about backstabs and friends etc, but season after season, most jury members end up voting for the person that they think played the game the best regardless of what that person may or may not have done to them in the game.  I thought of the final 3 that Ceri played the best game; she dictated so many votes and schemes.  She may not have always been the one out front but she seemed to come up with a lot of the plans.  You can't be all nicey nice in the final tribal.  You have to come out and say you played the game and be proud of it.  Explain how you controlled things, say why you had the plans you had.  Amanda did play a good game, but she sucks at final tribal.  If I was on the fence before final tribal, or even if I was leaning a little on the side of Amanda, after final tribal I would have voted for Parv.
xenocide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2008, 07:31:56 AM »

Oh, and while I did not have a Zekester style love affair with Eliza, I never understood all the hate either and she looked quite good at the reunion show.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2008, 01:16:44 PM »

I'm bummed: I was rootin' for Amanda too. Sigh....

I think her poutyness and "sorry" rubbed a couple people the wrong way, but I think she was sincere. Some people just like carrying a chip on their shoulder. Eliza sure looked pissed at the last tribal.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2008, 01:19:30 PM »

Wanted Amanda to win here, too......despite having Cirie in our work pool. Got $20 for her third place, though.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2008, 03:28:45 PM »

After the half-dozen seasons of Survivor I've watched now, it's obvious that you just can't get a true sense of what it's like to be in the show from watching it at home.  I'm constantly amazed at a) how personally people take things in the context of playing a game, and b) how rarely people defend themselves in the final tribal by reminding people that they're playing a game.  Season after season, the folks who make it to the final tribal council spend all their time trying to assuage feelings and defend their ethics and morality and show how they played a "strategic" game while never truly fucking anyone over. 

The clincher last night for me was when Cirie asked Amanda why she took Parvati instead of her, and insinuated that Amanda felt that Parvati "deserved" it more.  What I expected her to say, what she should have said, was that she took Parvati because she felt she could beat her in the final vote more easily than Cirie.  Everyone knows that's a huge factor in who you take to the final 3/2, but nobody ever seems to come out and say it.  "I didn't bring you to sit here beside me because frankly, I think you would have won" sounds a lot more intelligent and honest than some sob story or pandering jibber jabber pulled out of your ass about how it was such a tough decision, you both deserve it, boo hoo hoo blah blah.  She did the exact same thing with Eric when he got on her case about how she blasted him in his last few tribals.  At least one of those (where he was voted out) was entirely intended to get him on the defensive and try to goad him into giving up the immunity necklace - pointing that out would have been great testimony for how she outwitted him.  Granted it was part of a group plan and not entirely her idea, but it still would have sounded a lot better than what she actually said.

After 38 days, either nobody still thinks of it as "just a game", or else everyone's brain is so completely screwed up from all the constant paranoia that nobody can detach themselves and be reminded that it's just a game, because nobody ever seems to take that approach in the final tribal.

Toe

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:24 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on May 12, 2008, 03:28:45 PM

The clincher last night for me was when Cirie asked Amanda why she took Parvati instead of her, and insinuated that Amanda felt that Parvati "deserved" it more.  What I expected her to say, what she should have said, was that she took Parvati because she felt she could beat her in the final vote more easily than Cirie.  Everyone knows that's a huge factor in who you take to the final 3/2, but nobody ever seems to come out and say it.  "I didn't bring you to sit here beside me because frankly, I think you would have won" sounds a lot more intelligent and honest than some sob story or pandering jibber jabber pulled out of your ass about how it was such a tough decision, you both deserve it, boo hoo hoo blah blah.  She did the exact same thing with Eric when he got on her case about how she blasted him in his last few tribals.  At least one of those (where he was voted out) was entirely intended to get him on the defensive and try to goad him into giving up the immunity necklace - pointing that out would have been great testimony for how she outwitted him.  Granted it was part of a group plan and not entirely her idea, but it still would have sounded a lot better than what she actually said.

Yep, I felt the same way. I also think she did not defend herself enough vs. those that said her emotional outburst at the last tribal was all an act. Her lack of a backbone really is what lost it for her imho. She could have swung enough votes her way if she would have just took a stand. Although with Eric should could have just told him she wanted to date him after survivor was over and that would have secured his vote. Heh.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: