http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 04:45:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Survivor 2/17  (Read 1176 times)
PaulBot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2005, 06:36:03 AM »

So what did ya'll think of the first episode?

The two that dove into the water first really blew it (snicker).

20 people, but not for long. An interesting twist to boot two people immediately. Kinda makes you think back to grade school when you'd be picking teams.

I wasn't surprised to see the singing teacher not get picked. She was just plain 'ol obnoxious.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 08:02:18 AM »

I was REALLY squirming during that 'pick teams' segment, talk about painful flashbacks!

To be honest, I probably would have jumped in and swam for it right away too. I figured no one would want to arrive in a crowd on the boat, since that would decrease your chances. But once everyone decided to stay in the boat, the reverse became true.

I'm still astonished at how some people can't resist acting bossy and painting a target on their back when someone else is on the chopping block. That Suicide Girl was as good as gone until Jolanda decided to open her big mouth.

I like the dolphin trainer dude, he's the laid back type of people I like to hang out with.

I'm still shocked the gay guy didn't pick the SG to be on his team, after pretending to be all friendly with her. He turned an ally, no small resource on Survivor, into a sure enemy.

In short, I think it's the best start since the first Survivor.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 01:51:23 PM »

Quote from: "PaulBot"
So what did ya'll think of the first episode?

The two that dove into the water first really blew it (snicker).

20 people, but not for long. An interesting twist to boot two people immediately. Kinda makes you think back to grade school when you'd be picking teams.

I wasn't surprised to see the singing teacher not get picked. She was just plain 'ol obnoxious.

If you spent any time out in the ocean you know that distances can be deceiving as well as rate of travel. Obviously the ones that jumped did not realize either of these things.

I was really surpised that no one picked the muscular black guy till the very end. You need strong workers for the initial build of the camp and for the physical challenges that lay ahead. Not sure what people were thinking. You can always dump the beef later. Same with the team picking the old geezer over the young stupid guy. Did not understand that move at all.

Yeah, that teacher was destined for the chopping block. As soon as they revealed the pick-your-teams game, I knew she was a gonner.

I'm still shocked the gay guy didn't pick the SG to be on his team, after pretending to be all friendly with her. He turned an ally, no small resource on Survivor, into a sure enemy.

I was also initially, but maybe he was thinking ahead. If she does not get voted out of the other tribe (not likely but still) when the merge comes, he has a friend on the "otherside" or an unaccounted for ally if he wants to make any moves. I would think he could easily convince her this was his strategy should it come to pass.  

Moving to a new location was a stupid move by that one team. "Its a new experience! Lets go start building another camp." Stupid stupid move.
marcain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »

Was the guy who got voted out the same one who jumped off the boat and swam for it?  Just trying to figure out if there was a reason he was avoided other than random chance.

How about that boat flippin over?  I was surprised no one got hurt and even more surprised that they just left the gear that sunk to the bottom.  Maybe the water is deeper than it looks, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to get it back up with a couple of people (even with the weights in it).

And how does Survivor always trick these people into wearing the wrong clothes (mini skirt? high heels?) every time?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 07:20:06 PM »

I assumed they didn't get their gear from the sea bottom because:

I remember Jeff saying something about how those containers were weighted down or very heavy for some reason, during the competition.  They probably couldn't raise it from the sea floor if they wanted to.

It was just fire starting gear, it's not like they lost a whole lot. Sure it makes their victory seem less meaningful but immunity is immunity.

The water looked frickin' deep.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 10:47:43 PM »

Next weeks previews shows them trying to retrieve their fire starting goodies from the ocean.

Should be interesting....

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 10:18:43 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
I remember Jeff saying something about how those containers were weighted down or very heavy for some reason, during the competition.  They probably couldn't raise it from the sea floor if they wanted to.

Yes, but the obvious question is why didn't they open the box right after they won?  Why make the trip harder by toting around a heavy weighted box?

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 11:44:05 PM »

Quote from: "Hrothgar"
Quote from: "gameoverman"

Yes, but the obvious question is why didn't they open the box right after they won?  Why make the trip harder by toting around a heavy weighted box?

These are Survivors, remember?  They don't even have basic survival skills when they go on a show called SURVIVOR, I hardly expect intelligent thought from these people.  smile
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 07:47:32 PM »

I really dug the ep. Found it entertaining from start to finish. I'm also surprised that the first guy kicked off - the guy not picked by either tribe - wasn't chosen over a few of the other players. Makes you wonder what we didn't see, 'cause he seemed like a strong guy, and a good pick to have for the first week or two.

I really like the location. There's something eerily beautiful about all of the wreckage popping out every which way.

The players seem like interesting choices - Tom the firefighter's my boy! He was tooling the young guys in the challenge, just tearing up the course. To me, a surprisingly good pick.

But then they had the brilliant idea of choosing the new camp - the "adventure". I guess the only thing going through their minds was that maybe - just maybe - that camp would have had a stash of supplies or other bonuses, and not just a barren beach to freeze to death on.

Yeah, I might stick around for this season. Reminds me of the pirate series (Pearl Islands?) a few turns back which I really enjoyed.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 01:13:01 AM »

Do these people even watch any of the previous seasons?  

How to get yourself booted off in the first 3 episodes:

- Act bossy and tell people what to do
- Do something insane that others find annoying...like singing or blurting out bizarre yells
- Do something stupid that makes you well known
- Get caught scheming
- Talk too much
- Cry a lot
- Get sick
- Injure yourself
- Scare people with bizarre behavior
- Steal or horde food

I think that's most of them.  There's never a shortage of people that will do one or more of the above in the first couple of episodes.
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 05:28:47 PM »

First, about the 2 that got "voted" off.

I do not think that they would be that unfair to those 2 players.  There are always going to be a few wierd nuts in the bunch (like the singing lady) and to kick them off without even giving them a chance just does not seem like something they would do.

I believe you will see them again. I think that within a few weeks you will see them in some fashion. More than likely they will be put back into the game.

So far I like the way the game has started, at least they are mixing things up a bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: