http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 03:54:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Support Your Local USMC Kato  (Read 32234 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2008, 04:09:38 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 17, 2008, 04:01:37 PM

Quote from: DamageInc on September 17, 2008, 03:48:40 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 17, 2008, 09:49:57 AM

Today I got the thumbs up for being in good enough shape to go home for a little while in October.  Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg to get an affordable plane ticket home. 
(If I had more time I would go space "A" on the flight, but I really have only a limited amount of time for leave)

Thats where the community has offered to help. We have been talking about how to handle the donations and we can't think of a better way to use it then to help pay your way home.

What's the total up to?  I'll pitch in whatever I can.

give me a case of whiskey, a map and a plane and I'll fly him back  icon_biggrinthumbsup

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »

Sorry CK; all we've got is two triangular cuts of plywood nailed to a cast iron bathtub, cargo netting and 400 tons of propane torches and a barbeque lighter. Enjoy!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »

We have raised $620.00 so far!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2008, 11:37:33 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on September 17, 2008, 03:48:40 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 17, 2008, 09:49:57 AM

Quote from: DamageInc on September 17, 2008, 07:23:07 AM

Thanks for the update, I hope it all works out for you what ever you choose.

!!!!

Today I got the thumbs up for being in good enough shape to go home for a little while in October.  Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg to get an affordable plane ticket home. 
(If I had more time I would go space "A" on the flight, but I really have only a limited amount of time for leave)

Thats where the community has offered to help. We have been talking about how to handle the donations and we can't think of a better way to use it then to help pay your way home.

I really don't know what to say.....

I just feel so fortunate to be part of a community that would go above and beyond for someone like me.  Going home is going to be great, and while I'm back in California I will be getting lasik surgery for my eye as well. 

My wife and parents will be glad to see my ugly mug before I deploy again.  I'm trying to nail down a flight date via Delta Air lines from Frankfurt to San Jose, CA (only 1 stopover in Salt Lake)
flying Oct 1st and leaving back to Germany on the 12th

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2008, 12:45:55 AM »

Dude, you are a hero to me.  In all seriousness.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2008, 02:25:14 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 18, 2008, 12:45:55 AM

Dude, you are a hero to me.  In all seriousness.

Same. Yeah, I may give you a hard time while playing MP games on Live, but I hope you know that I only do that with people I like, who I know can take it, and I have the utmost respect for.  You're one of a kind and I am fortunate to call you a friend.

I'm trying to nail down a flight date via Delta Air lines from Frankfurt to San Jose, CA (only 1 stopover in Salt Lake)

I'm sorry, you misspelled "Phoenix".  Stopover in Phoenix.  After all, you probably could use a good meal, and my culinary reputation on the forums is not unfounded.  Plus we've got a free guest room.  I'll even go against my better judgement and stock the fridge with Bud Light.  Not for me, but I assume you'll want to drink some.   icon_wink

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2008, 04:08:52 AM »

Hit me up via email Kato - let's set this up.  [email protected]

And yea, you really do need to do a layover in Phoenix - I'd love to meet you!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2008, 05:13:28 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 18, 2008, 04:08:52 AM

while you are at it, you need to do a layover in Hawai'i so I can meet ya too smile

Zero

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2008, 05:28:37 AM »

Have you called the airline to tell them the story?  Most airline will work with active military personnel and give you a discount.  From what I can see right now, it looks like American Airlines ($763) or United Airlines ($811) will give you the best price...but I would call the major airline (AA, UA, Delta) to see what they can do for you.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2008, 05:34:30 AM »

Quote from: Zero on September 18, 2008, 05:28:37 AM

Have you called the airline to tell them the story?  Most airline will work with active military personnel and give you a discount.  From what I can see right now, it looks like American Airlines ($763) or United Airlines ($811) will give you the best price...but I would call the major airline (AA, UA, Delta) to see what they can do for you.

Yeah I'll be calling the Airlines tomorrow, people here at the base tell me I can get at least....maybe 10% off which is not bad at all.  I may not get it due to the fact that I'm actually all healed up and I'm not taking emergency leave (convalescent leave).

Semper Fidelis

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2008, 02:37:56 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 17, 2008, 11:37:33 PM

I'm trying to nail down a flight date via Delta Air lines from Frankfurt to San Jose, CA (only 1 stopover in Salt Lake) flying Oct 1st and leaving back to Germany on the 12th

Let me know how long you're stopping in Salt Lake.  I need to buy you a beer.  smile

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2008, 04:05:01 PM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on September 18, 2008, 05:13:28 AM

Oh, hell - everyone else is changing your flight plans, I'll pile on!  Don't forget that stopover in Boston (actually Hartford, Ct. is closer, plz...)  icon_twisted

In all seriousness, folks (ta-dum-dum) - I'm so glad you are at least getting a chance to go home for a bit of a respite. IMO, any injury that causes a near-death experience should come with a free ticket home!  Unless, of course, the injured one is crazy gung ho to go back... oh, um, yeah, I guess that'd be you! Geeze Louise, at least enjoy yourself as much as you can between deployments!   nod

And btw, this almost did happen, in case you hadn't noticed:
Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg an eye, to get an affordable plane ticket home. 

There's something completely wrong with being charged at all for a trip home - in your case especially, why it isn't considered convalescing is beyond me!  Grrr...  mad

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on September 18, 2008, 04:05:01 PM

Oh, hell - everyone else is changing your flight plans, I'll pile on!  Don't forget that stopover in Boston (actually Hartford, Ct. is closer, plz...)  icon_twisted

In all seriousness, folks (ta-dum-dum) - I'm so glad you are at least getting a chance to go home for a bit of a respite. IMO, any injury that causes a near-death experience should come with a free ticket home!  Unless, of course, the injured one is crazy gung ho to go back... oh, um, yeah, I guess that'd be you! Geeze Louise, at least enjoy yourself as much as you can between deployments!   nod

Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg an eye, to get an affordable plane ticket home. 

There's something completely wrong with being charged at all for a trip home - in your case especially, why it isn't considered convalescing is beyond me!  Grrr...  mad

I may actually be headed to Phoenix after all, even though I would love to meet/see you all (left eye) 

Semper Fidelis

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2008, 07:16:53 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 18, 2008, 07:03:23 PM

I may actually be headed to Phoenix after all, even though I would love to meet/see you all (left eye) 

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Depending on the amount of time you may have to spend in Phoenix, our guest room is always available and we can also provide a ride to and from the airport as well (we're only about 15 minutes away).

We'll just keep an eye out for a man who fits your description:

\ x 

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2008, 07:18:39 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 18, 2008, 07:16:53 PM

Depending on the amount of time you may have to spend in Phoenix, our guest room is always available and we can also provide a ride to and from the airport as well (we're only about 15 minutes away).

\ x 

When I land in Phoenix, wouldn't I actually be doubling the Asian population in Arizona? 

Semper Fidelis

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »

considering that seattle is not anywhere along the flight path, it's not likely that i'll be seeing you (don't worry, you can borrow one of mine, i have four!), unless the airlines infamous reputation for screwing things up gets into overdrive. 

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 18, 2008, 07:18:39 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on September 18, 2008, 07:16:53 PM

\ x 

When I land in Phoenix, wouldn't I actually be doubling the Asian population in Arizona? 

actually, as one of my friends recently moved up here, you would be the asian population

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2008, 07:26:39 PM »

Hey, we've got plenty of nail salons and dry cleaners.  After all, you can't spell A-R-I-Z-O-N-A without AZN.  \ /

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2008, 07:30:36 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 18, 2008, 07:26:39 PM

Hey, we've got plenty of nail salons and dry cleaners.  After all, you can't spell A-R-I-Z-O-N-A without AZN.  \ /

I didn't realize that racism = fabulousity...?

RickRock is confused...
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 18, 2008, 07:30:36 PM

RickRock is confused...

It's not racism.  Or at least not intended to be.  Just an ongoing exchange of humor with Kato along with a bit of "sterotypes exist because they're true" thrown in.  No harm intended.  The last time we played online MP with Kato someone expressed concern over whether he would be able to play to his usual level with only one eye and his respone was to not worry because he sees in "widescreen" because of his eyes.  No comments are meant as malicious and no offense was intended.

It's so bright here during the day that everyone has to squint in the sunlight regardless of ethnic background.   icon_wink

On a side note, have you heard of Stuff White People Like?  Yet further proof that stereotypes exist because they are true in at least some way. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:43:43 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2008, 07:40:20 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 17, 2008, 04:01:37 PM

What's the total up to?  I'll pitch in whatever I can.

$620.00.  KD has been updating the first post of this thread frequently with the total. 
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 18, 2008, 07:36:18 PM

RickRock is confused...

It's not racism.  Or at least not intended to be.  Just an ongoing exchange of humor with Kato along with a bit of "sterotypes exist because they're true" thrown in.  No harm intended.  The last time we played online MP with Kato someone expressed concern over whether he would be able to play to his usual level with only one eye and his respone was to not worry because he sees in "widescreen" because of his eyes.  No comments are meant as malicious and no offense was intended.

It's so bright here during the day that everyone has to squint in the sunlight regardless of ethnic background.   icon_wink

On a side note, have you heard of Stuff White People Like?  Yet further proof that stereotypes exist because they are true in at least some way. 

I'm sorry, I should have thrown a smiley in there...

I know you're not being a racist pig on purpose Pete.  slywink
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2008, 07:46:39 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 18, 2008, 07:36:18 PM

RickRock is confused...

Rick, its all in good fun.  We've been exchanging this kind of humor since we began playing MP sessions together (I think its hilarious)  Same thing with my Military unit, they call me "KATO" because they can't even say my last name.  

Doh! I almost forgot about Dogmeat.  Don't worry folks, he'll be coming with me......one way or another (I will eat him)  icon_twisted icon_twisted 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:49:25 PM by USMC Kato » Logged

Semper Fidelis

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2008, 07:49:02 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 18, 2008, 07:46:39 PM

Rick, its all in good fun.  We've been exchanging this kind of humor since we began playing MP sessions together (I think its hilarious)  Same thing with my Military unit, they call me "KATO" because they can't even say my last name.  

See above, PirateKato.  biggrin

On a side note, my daughter saw the picture that I did for you here:

and she says, 'Daddy, thas a pirate!  arrrrrr'

She's 2.  biggrin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:51:38 PM by rickfc » Logged
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2008, 07:49:19 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 18, 2008, 07:46:22 PM

Assuming you've had bacon, then you probably realize just how fabulous even pigs can be.  Fabulous

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2008, 07:52:34 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 18, 2008, 07:49:19 PM

Quote from: rickfc on September 18, 2008, 07:46:22 PM

Assuming you've had bacon, then you probably realize just how fabulous even pigs can be.  Fabulous

And you even do your own spa treatment in the mud...man, must be nice to be a pig.  icon_smile
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2008, 07:57:46 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 18, 2008, 07:49:02 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 18, 2008, 07:46:39 PM

See above, PirateKato.  biggrin

On a side note, my daughter saw the picture that I did for you here:

and she says, 'Daddy, thas a pirate!  arrrrrr'

She's 2.  biggrin

HAHA love ya Rick.  Look at my new avatar <-------------

Semper Fidelis

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2008, 08:02:33 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 18, 2008, 07:57:46 PM

HAHA love ya Rick.  Look at my new avatar <-------------

LMAO...Nice.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2008, 08:42:17 PM »

Ok folks - Kato and I are getting pricing complete and it looks like we may be ~150 to 200 shy of paying the ticket off completely. (pending discounts) If you are going to contribute, now'd be the time. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 18, 2008, 08:42:17 PM

Ok folks - Kato and I are getting pricing complete and it looks like we may be ~150 to 200 shy of paying the ticket off completely. (pending discounts) If you are going to contribute, now'd be the time. 

Where can I contribute?  The PayPal link?
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 18, 2008, 08:42:17 PM

Donation sent. Hopefully that covers whatever the balance is.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

When must all final donations be received?  Jaime and I are leaving for Philly this weekend but if the tally still falls short of Kato's flight costs then we may be able to contribute a bit more upon our return (depending on how much money we drink away while in Philly).  Jaime and I will keep an eye on this thread while we're gone and if a last-minute donation will be needed to cover a trip home then we'll do what we can.  

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2008, 08:59:02 PM »

Donation sent!  It ain't much, but that's all I can afford after Ike.   icon_frown
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2008, 09:05:19 PM »

My drop in the bucket is on its way via Paypal.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »

he just needs to do a world tour!  HE'LL BE WORLDWIDE YO!  icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2008, 09:42:56 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 18, 2008, 09:26:57 PM

he just needs to do a world tour!  HE'LL BE WORLDWIDE YO!  icon_lol

Only if Dogmeat were a duck. 

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2008, 12:16:14 AM »

We have raised $860.00 so far!

If Kato doesn't get any sort of discount, the price is 705.53 EUR.  Today that is 1,017.05 USD.  It's getting very close...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:05:17 PM by Knightshade Dragon » Logged

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »

That would be cool, I live in Gilbert so I could take the trip over to Phoenix (I work there anyways)

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »

We have raised $910.00 so far!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2008, 05:08:42 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 22, 2008, 01:05:25 PM

We have raised $910.00 so far!

I know people don't say "WooT" anymore, or was it "wOOt?  Ah, hell, this is the perfect opportunity to use it:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Congratulations - GT is The Best!   nod

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2008, 10:43:55 PM »

icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

GT is THE best.

I can't thank everyone here enough.  You have know idea how much this means to me.  I thank you and my family thanks you.  In the short time I get to have in the states I even get to meet some of our fellow GT'ers PeteRock and Knightshade (going to Arizona on the way home)

Semper Fidelis

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: