http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:15:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Support Your Local USMC Kato  (Read 32118 times)
USMC Kato
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2008, 06:15:20 PM »

Recovering is going well.....have some new sexy scars but other than that I'll be 100%

Going to get evaluated tomorrow morning to see if I can be transported back to the states in September.  The chaplain came by to visit me to see if I was suffering PTSD.  I never had a problem with PTSD, I just have really crazy sleeping habits. 

I finally have my own room with a computer and broadband internet (time to hook up my xbox and see how many friends I have left)

The medical staff took myself and 20 other wounded marines/soldiers out on a field trip to Luxembourg to see Gen. George Patton’s grave and to go inside a WWII German bunker. 

I'm not too crazy about the local cuisine here, when I get back to the States I want a big fat steak.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2008, 06:22:42 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on August 27, 2008, 06:15:20 PM

Recovering is going well.....have some new sexy scars but other than that I'll be 100%

Going to get evaluated tomorrow morning to see if I can be transported back to the states in September.  The chaplain came by to visit me to see if I was suffering PTSD.  I never had a problem with PTSD, I just have really crazy sleeping habits. 

I finally have my own room with a computer and broadband internet (time to hook up my xbox and see how many friends I have left)

The medical staff took myself and 20 other wounded marines/soldiers out on a field trip to Luxembourg to see Gen. George Patton’s grave and to go inside a WWII German bunker. 

I'm not too crazy about the local cuisine here, when I get back to the States I want a big fat steak.

If your friend's list isn't too crowded, I'll add you to mine.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2008, 06:24:10 PM »

Glad to hear you'll make a full recovery.  Good thing you don't have PTSD, otherwise Patton might have gotten out of that grave to smack the shit out of you.    icon_smile

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2008, 07:06:42 PM »

I'll add you to my friends list on xbox.  Good to hear you're recovering well.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2008, 07:18:40 PM »

I'll be playing Castle Crashers most of this week. hint hint slywink
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »

You saved several US soldiers in your short stint there, and took one or two for the team.

I consider your job successful.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 27, 2008, 07:18:40 PM

Woot! Recovering gamertag in progress! Hope to play some games with you guys even though I'm 9+ hours ahead of everyone stateside.

Semper Fidelis

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2008, 10:39:18 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on August 27, 2008, 07:44:05 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on August 27, 2008, 07:18:40 PM

Woot! Recovering gamertag in progress! Hope to play some games with you guys even though I'm 9+ hours ahead of everyone stateside.

Not a problem.  I used to play PC games with a friend stationed at Sigonella <sp?> and it went fine.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »

Try the sausage?  Eat them just like hot dogs, but with more flavor.  When I was in San Francisco there was a great sausage grill owned and run by a German immigrant, it was excellent.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »

Bratwurst (pronounced Brah'-t-vur-st) ist, in meine Meinung, das beste Wurst.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:26:58 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on August 28, 2008, 08:43:05 AM

Try the sausage?  Eat them just like hot dogs, but with more flavor.  When I was in San Francisco there was a great sausage grill owned and run by a German immigrant, it was excellent.

don't forget to slather them with sauerkraut and brown mustard!  and if you have a choice get it on a potato bun!

dang, now I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2008, 02:29:37 PM

don't forget to slather them with sauerkraut and brown mustard!  and if you have a choice get it on a potato bun!

I thought you had sausage for 'dinner' every night, CeeKay?  ninja
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2008, 02:38:16 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 28, 2008, 02:32:42 PM

not with some sour kraut  icon_twisted

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2008, 03:22:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2008, 02:38:16 PM

Quote from: rickfc on August 28, 2008, 02:32:42 PM

not with some sour kraut  icon_twisted

no, you take those with some mayo, right?
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »

Wow this thread went south quick  icon_eek

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »

Kato's got an eval. friday to find out if he's being re-deployed or shipped home.

Oh, and his net connection sucks.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 28, 2008, 03:28:10 PM

Kato's got an eval. friday to find out if he's being re-deployed or shipped home.

Dude.  SRSLY?  WTF?  Just send his ass home already!   mad
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2008, 07:59:54 PM »

Had my medical evaluation today and it has been determined that after 30 days more of recovery, I will be redeployed back to Iraq.....or Afghanistan. 

I put in for leave for at least 10 days to go stateside before that happens, hopefully it will get approved so I can go home for a little bit. 

Semper Fidelis

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on August 29, 2008, 07:59:54 PM

Had my medical evaluation today and it has been determined that after 30 days more of recovery, I will be redeployed back to Iraq.....or Afghanistan. 

I put in for leave for at least 10 days to go stateside before that happens, hopefully it will get approved so I can go home for a little bit. 

Man, fuck that.   mad mad mad

Sorry Kato.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »

Bah that's just silly.  You should be sent home if you get wounded in combat.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2008, 08:41:42 PM »

One one hand, from a friend's perspective, I am not happy with Kato's redeployment.  But, Kato is a marine, and marines are trained and expected to be rather tough SOBs.  Plus, I assume he enlisted of his own free will, having at least some idea as to what he was signing up for to begin with.  Kato fights for our country.  That is his job.  With that job comes great risk, personal sacrifice, and expectations of a capability to face great adversity.  Based upon medical assessments and forum interactions, Kato seems perfectly capabable of "continuing the fight."  He's our very own Master Chief.  

I am not intending to play devil's advocate.  On a personal level I believe that being wounded in combat should earn a soldier a return home.  But Kato knows his role as a marine and I have no doubt that he will attempt to fill that role to the absolute best of his ability.  Which is exactly why United States marines are some of the baddest motherfuckers on the planet.  Dude got blowed up by an RPG and after a few weeks of sponge baths and Xbox Live he's ready to get back into action.  There is something to be said for that.  And this is one of many reasons why marines are some of the military world's fighting elite.  While coming home is a preferable alternative for all involved (friends, family, etc), Kato's duty is not yet finished, at least in the eyes of his superiors.  

As a friend I want him to come home.  As an American I cannot thank him enough for his great personal sacrifice and am so very proud to have the honor of calling him a friend.  And based upon the level of heroism he has already displayed in saving the lives of two of his squad mates, I know that family members with troops overseas will take comfort knowing that their loved ones will once again be under the watchful eye and protection of USMC Kato.  Our marines are only as good as the man next to them.  And with Kato by their side I know that they are much better off.

I am sorry to hear that you are being redeployed, Kato.  But I know that your squad mates need you on their six more than we need you on our six in COD4.  Personally I want you home.  But your squad and your country continue to need you.  We are all in your debt.  Godspeed.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »

Can't say it better than Pete.  Good luck man - be safe.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »

damn straight pete.  nothing else needs to be said other than take care of yourself out there kato.  don't let the bastards get you down.

somehow, i missed both this thread and the update in the other one.  how's that for obliviousness.  let me cook some funds together.

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 29, 2008, 08:41:42 PM

I am sorry to hear that you are being redeployed, Kato.  But I know that your squad mates need you on their six more than we need you on our six in COD4.  Personally I want you home.  But your squad and your country continue to need you.  We are all in your debt.  Godspeed.  
thumbsup
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 29, 2008, 08:41:42 PM

One one hand, from a friend's perspective, I am not happy with Kato's redeployment.  But, Kato is a marine, and marines are trained and expected to be rather tough SOBs.  Plus, I assume he enlisted of his own free will, having at least some idea as to what he was signing up for to begin with.  Kato fights for our country.  That is his job.  With that job comes great risk, personal sacrifice, and expectations of a capability to face great adversity.  Based upon medical assessments and forum interactions, Kato seems perfectly capabable of "continuing the fight."  He's our very own Master Chief.  

I am not intending to play devil's advocate.  On a personal level I believe that being wounded in combat should earn a soldier a return home.  But Kato knows his role as a marine and I have no doubt that he will attempt to fill that role to the absolute best of his ability.  Which is exactly why United States marines are some of the baddest motherfuckers on the planet.  Dude got blowed up by an RPG and after a few weeks of sponge baths and Xbox Live he's ready to get back into action.  There is something to be said for that.  And this is one of many reasons why marines are some of the military world's fighting elite.  While coming home is a preferable alternative for all involved (friends, family, etc), Kato's duty is not yet finished, at least in the eyes of his superiors.  

As a friend I want him to come home.  As an American I cannot thank him enough for his great personal sacrifice and am so very proud to have the honor of calling him a friend.  And based upon the level of heroism he has already displayed in saving the lives of two of his squad mates, I know that family members with troops overseas will take comfort knowing that their loved ones will once again be under the watchful eye and protection of USMC Kato.  Our marines are only as good as the man next to them.  And with Kato by their side I know that they are much better off.

Thanks Pete, you almost got me choked up....almost  icon_lol  

I am no hero, just a lucky survivor.  Out of 14 years of service and after 5 combat tours this is the first time that I got wounded this badly.  

Pete is right, I am a volunteer and I get to go back to finish what I started.  I may bitch, moan, and complain about my job, but I can't see myself doing anything else.  

Semper Fidelis

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2008, 11:47:48 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 18, 2008, 05:02:17 AM

Was able to talk to his commanding officer and he said Kato was able to save two of his comrades (including his corpsman) while under fire.  Depending on his injury he might be flown to germany. "

Just learning about this now.  Wow-the guy's a fucking hero! Above and beyond all the normal heros just for being in Iraq in the first place.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2008, 03:50:18 AM »

Maybe they could put your likeness into that military shooter you play..or it's sequel smile Someone should write the company and tell them about him and his story.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2008, 02:29:13 PM »

Just want to ditto everything Pete said, and say ROCK ON to Kato. I wish you were coming home to be safe and sound off the battlefield, but mad props for sticking with your duty and I wish you the best. Just don't get shot again! icon_biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2008, 04:51:21 PM »

Combat Survival Tip #2091 from the "Video Gamers handbook for the IRL":

"RPG's IRL, unlike videogames, do not offere Save and Reload; they simply have the Fire and Reload option.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2008, 09:52:18 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 30, 2008, 04:51:21 PM

"RPG's IRL, unlike videogames, do not offere Save and Reload; they simply have the Fire and Reload option.

But if RPGS are as inaccurate as they are in videogames (HI2U Mercenaries & COD4!) then it's a wonder they hit anything beyond a 10' straight line.
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2008, 07:38:04 AM »

Shit...I just read what happened...any update on his condition?

EDIT...read the rest of the thread...thank goodness everything seems to be good smile  Please be careful out there!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:01:32 AM by ROTC1983 » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »

Fine:

"RPG's IRL, unlike videogames, do not offere Save and Reload; they simply have the Fire and Reload option. If you are the target of such strike, ensure you are at least 11 feet away, and hope they aren't aiming at the ground in front of you.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »

What day of Basic do they teach using rocket-propelled weapons as anti-infantry weapons again?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2008, 06:21:47 AM »

Just a little update.   It seems that I have to learn to shoot left handed for now, the heat from the RPG blast scarred my right eye enough to downgrade my vision from 20/10 to 20/70  icon_mad

Shooting left handed is terrible,..... ejected shell casings (hot) always hitting the shooter's head. 

Semper Fidelis

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2008, 06:53:30 AM »

D'oh! Does this mean your redeployment will be reconsidered, seeing that you'll need retraining and all?
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2008, 11:46:21 AM »

Quote from: Tokek on September 04, 2008, 06:53:30 AM

D'oh! Does this mean your redeployment will be reconsidered, seeing that you'll need retraining and all?

+1.  Would they send you into battle not being able to shoot?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 04, 2008, 11:46:21 AM

Quote from: Tokek on September 04, 2008, 06:53:30 AM

+1.  Would they send you into battle not being able to shoot?

SRSLY?!

Do they teach to shoot off handed in training?  Even if they do if your vision is less then stellar how in the heck do they expect you to hit anything?

Off handed one eye not working.  Maybe they should pop your eardrums too so you can better be in tune with the force...
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2008, 01:48:02 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 04, 2008, 06:21:47 AM

Just a little update.   It seems that I have to learn to shoot left handed for now, the heat from the RPG blast scarred my right eye enough to downgrade my vision from 20/10 to 20/70  icon_mad

Shooting left handed is terrible,..... ejected shell casings (hot) always hitting the shooter's head. 

Well, at least it can't make your driving any worse.  \ /

icon_wink

Are they going to make you change your name?

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »

that sucks.  any chance of a corrective contact lens or surgery fixing it?

(ps. does that mean we all stand a chance against you in multiplayer deatmatch now?)

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2008, 03:24:36 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 04, 2008, 06:21:47 AM

Turn your gun upside down..problem solved smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: