http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 02:50:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay out of Go-Go's thread (crowley alert)  (Read 1095 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2005, 02:47:13 AM »

Nasty pic.

TheMissingLink on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 02:49:38 AM »

Looks like he killed the pic but I already PM'ed Warning about it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gwar21
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 02:59:19 AM »

How many times is he going to keep doing this?  Wasn't someone taking legal action against him, or getting the authorities involved in this?
Hapfloyde
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 05:57:51 AM »

You know, for all the spamming he does of these pictures, at the very least you'd think he could find an original one once in a while.  As it is, not only is he a disgusting, lonely wacko, he's dull and repetitive as well.

Ha, ha, ha. You have struck Hercules!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 06:14:39 AM »

Hahaha.  Very true.  

As for legal ramifications - I've reported him several times to his ISP and to the authorities.  The problem is that the police are often complete dense to this sort of thing.  "Uh...so let me see if I understand...a guy...comes to your website and posts nasty pictures?  Yea....uh....let me get you through to somebody who can help you."  I talk to their cybercrime division and get "Uh...yea...um...we'll look into that or something."

Its very circular.  Its going to work out though - eventually I'll have his home address confirmed.  The fun begins then.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 08:27:09 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Hahaha.  Very true.  

As for legal ramifications - I've reported him several times to his ISP and to the authorities.  The problem is that the police are often complete dense to this sort of thing.  "Uh...so let me see if I understand...a guy...comes to your website and posts nasty pictures?  Yea....uh....let me get you through to somebody who can help you."  I talk to their cybercrime division and get "Uh...yea...um...we'll look into that or something."

Its very circular.  Its going to work out though - eventually I'll have his home address confirmed.  The fun begins then.

Awesome!  Be sure to send him one of these from us with our love.   :twisted:

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 08:34:57 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

Will everyone get a copy?  :twisted:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 08:40:01 AM »

Being a big believer in free speech, I'm going to have to be the devil's advocate for a moment and say coming on to a messageboard and posting some abortion pictures could be illegal is really hard pressed.
Is it right? Hell no, he needs to be banned and reported to his ISP for spamming.
But cybercrime divisoin? Come on..
Don't get me wrong I'm just as pissed off as everyone else about this kind of shit, but at the same time, what he's doing isn't really illegal. It's just wrong and bad taste.

And what ever happened to Crowley anyway? Did his wife go and get an abortion without his consent or something so he lost it?
Guess it really doesn't matter but I remember reading a few of his posts a while back and never would have guessed him doing shit like this.

Ban him and report him, but call the cops for posting a picture on a website, you gotta draw the line somewhere.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 08:53:53 AM »

I have mixed emotions - one part of me wants him to be living in western Massachusetts so i could pay him a visit.  *Meaningful pause*

But the other part still realizes that "but for the grace of ..."  

I lack a hormone (insulin), it's a pain, but it can be replaced and that makes me almost normal - well as normal as I can be, lol.  I'm sure Crowley lacks a neurotransmitter of some sort - that either isn't replaceable, or the cure is as bad as the disease. He may have a sockful of lithium in his dresser drawer. Or he's 15 years old, has been psychologically damaged by his home life... and is acting it.  Either way, it sucks for all of us, because he will be tracked down, one way or another! :evil:  

Good Luck, Ron!  I just know you have better things to do...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Being a big believer in free speech, I'm going to have to be the devil's advocate for a moment and say coming on to a messageboard and posting some abortion pictures could be illegal is really hard pressed.
Is it right? Hell no, he needs to be banned and reported to his ISP for spamming.
Don't get me wrong I'm just as pissed off as everyone else about this kind of shit, but at the same time, what he's doing isn't really illegal. It's just wrong and bad taste.

Free speech will only take you so far.  Let's say I keep ringing you up and shouting obscenities.  You tell me to stop.  I don't.  You block my number and I call from a different phone.  At some point my actions become stalking and/or harrassment.  Last I checked, those were real crimes.

I see no significant difference between that and what Crowley is doing here.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 03:14:50 PM »

Well put.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2005, 04:25:29 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Quote from: "corruptrelic"

Free speech will only take you so far.  Let's say I keep ringing you up and shouting obscenities.  You tell me to stop.  I don't.  You block my number and I call from a different phone.  At some point my actions become stalking and/or harrassment.  Last I checked, those were real crimes.

I see no significant difference between that and what Crowley is doing here.

Or even better, let's say someone is posting this graphic pictures on your lawn for anyone to see who chooses to drive by your house.  Sure, people don't have to see the pictures unless they choose to drive by your house and look, but it's your property and you should be able to choose who does or does not put things in your yard.  If it's against your will, that's vandalism and it is illegal.

The 'net hasn't developed quite to the point of having virtual vandalism laws yet, but the principle applies.  Someone is a private owner of this site, and they have chosen certain rules to apply to it.  If someone is violating those rules and vandalizing the website, then yes, that is a cybercrime.

If you own the domain and the server, you can post whatever you want.  That's free speech.  If you own your yard, you can post whatever you want (though we're possibly getting into public decency laws, such as indecent exposure and such).  Again, free speech.

But no, this case doesn't apply as a true censorship incident.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2005, 07:51:16 PM »

Crowley has been a prick ever since he was banned from Gone Gold. This loser must have nothing else of meaning in his life to hold a grudge like this for so damn long....

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 07:30:24 AM »

One thing to consider as far as the "free speech" angle goes, is that this isn't technically a public forum/place/whatever. He agrees to a code of conduct every single time he registers another forum account.

I would think that changes things.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: