http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 03:49:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Fear  (Read 634 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2004, 04:45:41 AM »

Grrrr

I was just browsing the web and I stumbled onto the news that Michael Crichton was about to publish a new book.  Great!  After looking for ten minutes I still don’t really know what the book is about.  Here’s the universal blurb I find everywhere, perhaps it means more to you then it does to me.

“The undisputed master of the techno-thriller has written his most riveting -- and entertaining -- book yet.
Once again Michael Crichton gives us his trademark combination of page-turning suspense, cutting-edge technology, and extraordinary research. State of Fear is a superb blend of edge-of-your-seat suspense and thought provoking commentary on how information is manipulated in the modern world. From the streets of Paris, to the glaciers of Antarctica to the exotic and dangerous Solomon Islands, State of Fear takes the reader on a roller coaster thrill ride, all the while keeping the brain in high gear.”

Why would anyone write such an uninformative book description?  I’m assuming that’s what’s getting printed on the book jacket as well…

Anyway, the books coming out December 7th
Rich in KCK
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 07:47:15 AM »

I found out about the book sometime last week.  The descriptions before the release were supposed to be vague from what I can tell; part of the mystery of the book was my understanding.  There was some comment about the vagueness in the SFBC flyer I got but I'm sure that within a few days reader reviews will pop up on Amazon if you need them.  Myself, I've read all of his books since Jurassic and haven't regretted a single one yet.

Formerly SJSharks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: