http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 07:32:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars update to XBox - Yea or Nay?  (Read 659 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2004, 01:31:29 PM »

Hey gang, I'm sure by now you've heard that the bonus disc on the Star Wars trilogy (the one with the demo fro Battlefront) updates the dashboard on your XBox. If it's modded, then it's supposed to go all wacky, but if it's unmodded then it just updates it. Is this a good thing for those of us with unmodded XBox's?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 04:48:17 PM »

If you have/use Live I don't think there is an issue as they will force you to update anyway. If you don't have Live, then I think it is good. BUT... they should at least tell you that it is updating, not try to sneak it past.

LiveTAG: happydog
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 06:45:06 PM »

Oh I completely agree to this, but if it's actually a decent update to the hardware then I'm wondering whether I should rent the set and update my box. While I'm not surprised that Microsoft would slip something like this out there, it does annoy me that they don't let everyone know. You'd think with all the lawsuits filed against them over the years, they'd learn the value of warning labels. Go figure.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 03:12:41 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Oh I completely agree to this, but if it's actually a decent update to the hardware then I'm wondering whether I should rent the set and update my box. While I'm not surprised that Microsoft would slip something like this out there, it does annoy me that they don't let everyone know. You'd think with all the lawsuits filed against them over the years, they'd learn the value of warning labels. Go figure.

This isn't the first game to do this; since they technically own the software on your xbox (it is a license agreement) it is well within their rights to maintain it.

It's not the answer you're looking for, but what can you do? <shrug> It *IS* their IP. (intellectual property)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: