http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 04:45:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek: The Motionless Picture  (Read 4310 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2007, 08:29:01 AM »

DS9 was fantastic, and The Visitor still stands as the finest hour of television I've ever seen.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2007, 03:36:30 PM »

I really need to sit down and watch DS9 on DVD.  Actually, I think that will be my next goal for my DVD collection- getting all the Star Trek DVD's.

I'm going to need a bigger rack....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
warning

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2007, 04:21:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 16, 2007, 03:36:30 PM

I'm going to need a bigger rack....

You need to accept your body as it is.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on January 16, 2007, 08:29:01 AM

The Visitor still stands as the finest hour of television I've ever seen.

+100%

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2007, 08:05:33 PM »

DS9 was fantastic, and The Visitor still stands as the finest hour of television I've ever seen.

Oh my god, thats so close to the best episode ever, but I see your Visitor and raise it by In The Pale Moonlight. I just got shivers thinking about the genius of those two episodes. Possibly the 1 and 1a hours of television I have ever seen in my life.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 08:39:42 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 16, 2007, 08:05:33 PM

Oh my god, thats so close to the best episode ever, but I see your Visitor and raise it by In The Pale Moonlight. I just got shivers thinking about the genius of those two episodes. Possibly the 1 and 1a hours of television I have ever seen in my life.

That's an utterly fantastic one as well (DS9 was rife with awesome episodes, though there were a fair number of awful clunkers particularly in the first few seasons as well).

I still give the nod to "The Visitor" though. My personal favorite, which oddly enough had nothing at all to do with the overarching story which made the series so great along with the memorable and great characters.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2007, 08:51:28 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on January 16, 2007, 08:39:42 PM

That's an utterly fantastic one as well (DS9 was rife with awesome episodes, though there were a fair number of awful clunkers particularly in the first few seasons as well).

I still give the nod to "The Visitor" though. My personal favorite, which oddly enough had nothing at all to do with the overarching story which made the series so great along with the memorable and great characters.

For me the reason they are 1 and 1a, is because ITPM (to me), is a better example of pure television storytelling. It is is dark, depressing, sad, gritty, and it tells the tale of a man grown desperate by war. The story is fascinating, the twists intense, and it may be Avery Brooks most understated (thank god) and brilliant performance of the series, especially in his monologues-so brutally honest you almost don't want to hear them. The Visitor is a fairly rote sci-fi story-at least the concept is. But the acting is so incredibly good that it gives life to the story and still gives me goosebumps when I watch it. Combine that with absolutely fantastic sets, makeup, and cinematography and it really does become hard to choose!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2007, 11:36:56 PM »

You are trying to make me watch DS9. icon_mad

I'm currently watching TNG with a friend of mine that bought them.  We just started season 6.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2007, 12:29:59 AM »

Agreed on the greatness of both of those but my votes for 1 and 1a hours of television would be Severed Dreams from Season 3 of Babylon 5 and Episode 7 of Band of Brothers
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 03:22:01 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 17, 2007, 12:29:59 AM

Agreed on the greatness of both of those but my votes for 1 and 1a hours of television would be Severed Dreams from Season 3 of Babylon 5 and Episode 7 of Band of Brothers

Please give me title of Ep7 of BoB-one episode in that series is probably at least 1c on my list smile, but I don't remember the names. I am sorry to say I very much disliked B5, so I am not familiar with that episode.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2007, 03:31:27 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 17, 2007, 03:22:01 AM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 17, 2007, 12:29:59 AM

Please give me title of Ep7 of BoB-one episode in that series is probably at least 1c on my list smile, but I don't remember the names. I am sorry to say I very much disliked B5, so I am not familiar with that episode.

Ep 7 was The Breaking Point.  Pretty much all of BoB stands out but that episode moreso than most for me.

How much of B5 did you watch?  Any past S1?  While I personally dig S1, pretty much everyone agrees that you can't judge the series by it other than rewatching it after it's all over shows how intricate the planning was the entire storyline arc.  And as high as I place Severed Dreams, it won't work out of context since it very much hinges on everything that has come before. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: