http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:01:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprinkler System Anyone have one?  (Read 796 times)
HankRaptor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2005, 01:14:37 PM »

I had the system professionally blown out for winter and they told me to call them to TURN IT ON...

Now in my head that involves turning the valve on???? what am I missing here ? why do I need a professional to do this?

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:05:36 PM »

Fire protection system?

Or for the lawn?
Cyjon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 03:29:41 PM »

I have one, but I can't help you.  We Phoenicians don't turn off our sprinklers in what passes for winter out here smile
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 04:21:10 PM »

Hmm. No clue.

I have one but I just dont run it in the winter. I just turn it off at the main control box.

Previous owner who had lived there since it was built mid-80's never mentioned having to do anything special in the winter (just showed us the on/off box and timer controls) and he was anal with telling us how to keep everything running.

Maybe those further up north have to do something with them in the winter.

I have a rainbird and a quick look on its website just mentioned the on/off switch for rain, winter and maintence.

Some lawn maintenance company website did mention winterizing them by blowing air into them to get the water out. Then in summer they test them for leaks. Maybe try calling some local sprinkler installer and ask them about it.

Sounds like you just turn it on, but maybe they wanted to do the leak test and other summer maintenance on it.

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 02:12:48 PM »

We have the sprinkler guy blow the system clean for winter, but when spring rolls around, we just turn the valve on.  There's really no magic to it.

- Don

Edit to say:  If you turn it on and it looks like the pressure is lower than it should be, you could always call the sprinker guy back to test the pressure and look for leaks.  I haven't had the problem.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 04:07:27 AM »

Sounds like a way to get your money. Just turn it on (after you dig the heads out from under your grass).

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: