http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 02:55:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring Training  (Read 631 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:15:20 PM »

Well the Mets won their first game 9-3 against Baltimore. They are soooo going to the Series.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:18:14 PM »

Texas is currently crushing KC 9-5 in the bottm of the 3rd.  Still plenty of time to blow it.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »

Ugh.  Fourteen MLB* teams come to Phoenix and Tucson for Spring training, along with legions of baseball fans.  Traffic and congestion all go up considerably this time of year, similar to the milder months of winter when snowbirds descend upon Phoenix in droves. 

Fortunately Spring Training only lasts until April and as the temperatures rise most of the tourists make a mass exodus out of the state before the heat becomes too unbearable, at least for the tourists. 

There was once a time when spring training games were inexpensive, affordable, and convenient, but currently tickets rival and oftentimes exceed prices for "real" baseball games during the regular season.   saywhat  And traffic to and from a game, regardless of stadium, is completely out of hand.   

You can attend a Diamondbacks game for $8 a seat in the upper level and yet for spring training games you can pay anywhere between $15 and $30 unless you sit on the lawn.   saywhat  The game doesn't count toward season record and you may not even see marquee players.   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 25, 2009, 09:33:38 PM

Ugh.  Fourteen MLB* teams

I didn't see your denotation of what the asterisk was for.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 25, 2009, 09:41:42 PM

Sorry, I guess it hasn't yet become the "official" symbol of Major League Baseball just yet.  I was amused by Moliere's strategic use of the asterisk in the A-Rod thread and it sort of stuck for me.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:04:32 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 25, 2009, 09:48:59 PM

Quote from: The Grue on February 25, 2009, 09:41:42 PM

Sorry, I guess it hasn't yet become the "official" symbol of Major League Baseball just yet.  I was amused by Moliere's strategic use of the asterisk in the A-Rod thread and it sort of stuck for me.

LOL...I stopped reading that thread because, even though I don't like or hate A-Rod, I don't get why he is the poster boy for this issue when there are tons of other guys who did it, too.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 03:07:47 AM »

I love spring training time out here in Phoenix.   Actually, im in Surprise, Az and the stadium is about half a mile from me.  Sitting on the lawn and catching some baseball is just perfect.  Plus, the Dbacks always tend to look good in spring..lol

-b

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 01:23:58 PM »

Ugh.  Fourteen MLB* teams come to Phoenix and Tucson for Spring training, along with legions of baseball fans.  Traffic and congestion all go up considerably this time of year, similar to the milder months of winter when snowbirds descend upon Phoenix in droves. 

Fortunately Spring Training only lasts until April and as the temperatures rise most of the tourists make a mass exodus out of the state before the heat becomes too unbearable, at least for the tourists. 

There was once a time when spring training games were inexpensive, affordable, and convenient, but currently tickets rival and oftentimes exceed prices for "real" baseball games during the regular season.   saywhat  And traffic to and from a game, regardless of stadium, is completely out of hand.   

You can attend a Diamondbacks game for $8 a seat in the upper level and yet for spring training games you can pay anywhere between $15 and $30 unless you sit on the lawn.   saywhat  The game doesn't count toward season record and you may not even see marquee players.   

I'm actually surprised Pete that you know what baseball is.  icon_razz

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: