http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 08:47:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spidey's got a new costume... [Spoiler]  (Read 3179 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2006, 05:50:36 AM »

Looks like the web-head's getting some new threads for Spider-Man 3:

(Larger version here.)

I don't think it's a hoax, or fan art, but you never can tell these days. I can't see if anything important is reflected in his eyes either. All I can say is that thing better have a white logo...

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 05:51:49 AM »

Red Xs to me..your pic and all the ones on that linked page.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 05:52:58 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Red Xs to me..your pic and all the ones on that linked page.

Check out Dafones avatar.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 06:53:33 AM »

Wow, the link must be getting humped. Here's IGN's copy.

Edit: Eh, so the pic's up and down ... but Sony Pictures has their own kinda funny intro to the new suit.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 07:29:08 AM »

Looks better than the crap they're doing in the comics:

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 09:24:02 AM »

I was wondering if it could just be the art style of the poster and not indicative of a costume color change.  I'm a fan of the red and blue, so I hope it's not the color from the pic for the movie.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 09:30:19 AM »

The black suit may have something to do with Carnage being in this movie.

Most likely it's to go along with some darker themes in the movie, or something like that.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 02:45:45 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"

Most likely it's to go along with some darker themes in the movie, or something like that.

I think you mean Venom.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 02:50:58 PM »

Snagged from AICN.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 02:54:36 PM »

No no no, this is obviously a teaser ad for the PS3, you can tell by the font. unibrow

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 03:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

I think you mean Venom.

x 2.

I'm actually really pleased that Spidey has the black suit for 3, and I hope - I hope - that we don't get Venom until 4. I want SM to go through an entire movie with only a hint of the fact that the black suit is bad news, then have it go buck wild in the next one. So, though the suit is in the third movie, that doesn't necessarily mean that Venom is as well.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »

Quote from: "RightBastard"

And what the hell is this about?? Did Spider-Man mutate and grow golden spider arms or something?

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 04:10:35 PM »

They recently had a story covering the entire Spider-Man group of series called 'The Other'.  Basically, Peter's powers started going wonky and he was told he had a disease that was going to kill him.  The Avengers couldn't find anything to fix it.  

Then Morlun showed back up, and kicked the living shit out of Spidey, pulled out one of his eyes and left him for dead.  Spidey was near-death at Avengers mansion, Morlun showed up to try to off him and Spidey basically made a deal with the Spider totem and used some sort of stinger in his hand to kill Morlun and suck out his bodily fluids, I think.  

At any rate, Peter then fled and was in a cocoon under a bridge for a few days before returning, back to 'normal', except he's more 'of the spider' now, and his costume reflects this, and is designed by Tony Stark.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 04:11:25 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Quote from: "RightBastard"

And what the hell is this about?? Did Spider-Man mutate and grow golden spider arms or something?

That bottom one is coming out of his butt.

"Webslinger, my ASS" Eww.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 04:13:39 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

I think you mean Venom.

x 2.

I'm actually really pleased that Spidey has the black suit for 3, and I hope - I hope - that we don't get Venom until 4. I want SM to go through an entire movie with only a hint of the fact that the black suit is bad news, then have it go buck wild in the next one. So, though the suit is in the third movie, that doesn't necessarily mean that Venom is as well.

I think with the casting of Topher Grace we can be assured that Venom will be in this. People look at him like there's no way in hell he could be Venom physically, but I would think Raimi and co. would have no trouble going either all CGI or the Darth Vader route with a much bigger person in the suit with Grace in the film sporadically.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 05:51:20 PM »

If that is the regular spidey suit, the darker one, and its in this movie it automatically just got cooler in my book!
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 06:35:22 PM »

I just think the poster is greyscale deliberately for the whole "black & white" effect for mood-setting.  I don't think the costume is actually black & white.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 07:53:55 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
I just think the poster is greyscale deliberately for the whole "black & white" effect for mood-setting.  I don't think the costume is actually black & white.

No, it is.  It has been officially stated by Sony, I believe.

Mike Dunn
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 11:02:07 PM »

Quote from: "th'FOOL"
Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"

No, it is.  It has been officially stated by Sony, I believe.

Oh!  Well, that certainly IS intriguing.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 12:14:37 AM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
They recently had a story covering the entire Spider-Man group of series called 'The Other'.  Basically, Peter's powers started going wonky and he was told he had a disease that was going to kill him.  The Avengers couldn't find anything to fix it.  

Then Morlun showed back up, and kicked the living shit out of Spidey, pulled out one of his eyes and left him for dead.  Spidey was near-death at Avengers mansion, Morlun showed up to try to off him and Spidey basically made a deal with the Spider totem and used some sort of stinger in his hand to kill Morlun and suck out his bodily fluids, I think.  

At any rate, Peter then fled and was in a cocoon under a bridge for a few days before returning, back to 'normal', except he's more 'of the spider' now, and his costume reflects this, and is designed by Tony Stark.

This pretty much sums up why people think comic book readers are giant fucking nerds.  It makes me ashamed that I ever picked up a comic book in my life.

That is just so horrible... well I can't imagine they printed it in the first place.  The writer should be tried for crimes against humanity.

That might fly in "What If?" (loved that series!) but trying to pass it off as part of a real storyline?  I hope the story arc ends with Peter waking up and realizing the last few issues were a horrible prank brought on by Mysterio.  It's the only way this madness can end.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 02:52:13 AM »

Rrrriiiiiiiiiight. That doesn't make any sense to me, at all, and I love Spider-Man. What the hell did they do to you, Spidey?!?

What's a spider totem? And does Peter have a spider-patch over his eye now?

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 03:24:13 AM »

It actually fits in with what's happened with Spider-Man since Stracynski (sp?) took over one of the books a few years back.  Basically, it opened the question that perhaps the radiation didn't cause Peter's powers, but the spider itself did, and points out that all of Spidey's biggest enemies are all animal-based (Doc Ock, Vulture, Scorpion and so forth).
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 09:58:57 AM »

And does Peter have a spider-patch over his eye now?
No, but Spider-Pirate might be kinda fun.  ARrrr...

He "regenerated" and is back to normal except for new powers (ugh).  The more JMS writes Spidey, the more I wish he would have just left him alone.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 01:27:26 PM »

It actually fits in with what's happened with Spider-Man since Stracynski (sp?) took over one of the books a few years back.  Basically, it opened the question that perhaps the radiation didn't cause Peter's powers, but the spider itself did, and points out that all of Spidey's biggest enemies are all animal-based (Doc Ock, Vulture, Scorpion and so forth).

Last I checked Doc Ock, Vulture, Scorpion and Lizard were never bitten by their respective animal counterparts.  Though I'm pretty sure Sandman did visit a beach once.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 04:09:06 PM »

This pretty much sums up why people think comic book readers are giant fucking nerds. It makes me ashamed that I ever picked up a comic book in my life.

I haven't read The Other and will not speak to its quality, but just about every single comic storyline, including the classics, sounds utterly ridiculous when summarized in such a manner.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 12:13:42 AM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
... except for new powers ...

Um, like what? Are those really new spider arms, or are they robotic?

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 01:56:21 AM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
... except for new powers ...

Um, like what? Are those really new spider arms, or are they robotic?

I don't have the whole story arc, but from the issues I've read he has these blade-like stingers that come out from his forearms.  He also was "reborn" after his battle to the death, but that could be from his spider totem and not actually a power.

I'm not sure about the new suit except that Tony Stark developed it and the arms are mechanical in nature.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 04:03:40 AM »

His Spider sense is also enhanced, along with his other "normal" powers.
For instance, he mentions that some spiders carry their young on their backs and then realizes that his wall crawling ability, really affects his whole body when he waants to. He sticks a little kid on his back while rescuing her.
I believe that he also gains a form of nightvision and that he still doesn't know the extent of his powers.
For the record, they are not calling them new, just saying that he wasn't aware of them/accepting of the spider totem before, so he really had these all along, but didn't know.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 04:21:02 AM »

Oh Dear God,

That is f***ing ridiculous.  Thank God i stopped reading comics in Jr. high so I can enjoy the memories of super hero stories untainted by such bullshit.

It's like the writer just got finished watching the Rock play the Scorpion King in the Mummy Returns when he sat down to write this (obviously derivative) drivel.
Jeremy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 07:36:31 PM »

Does the black suit have nipples and a codpiece? I don't really need another excuse not to see the third movie after the debacle of the second film but anything relating it to Joel Schumacher would only strengthen my resolve.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 08:36:51 PM »

On topic: again, I really, really hope that the black suit has the white wrap around logo. I don't care if it still has the raised webbing - though it shouldn't - just as long as the logo's white. But then, I trust Raimi, so if visually the white logo doesn't carry over well into film, I'm sure the costume designers will come up with a great look.

Off topic: does anyone have a link that has the current story arcs of Spider-Man? I'm currious to know just what the hell they've done to the ol' boy. Thinking about it, I'm not directly against further changes to any super hero, any of the Marvel mutants, as long as it's not for shock value. But couldn't Peter stick to walls using his entire body before? I could've sworn I've seen him stuck to a wall using his back.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 04:39:07 AM »

Guess I'm not the only one. Some fan came up with a photoshopped version of the black suit picture Sony released that's closer to what was in the comics.

It's not perfect - 'cause it's not a perfect photoshop job - but just seeing the white logo, crude as it is, seems "right" to me. I hope there's a little more work on that suit.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
unbreakable
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 08:03:32 AM »

But couldn't Peter stick to walls using his entire body before? I could've sworn I've seen him stuck to a wall using his back.

No.  When he does that, you will always see his feet against the wall (so, he is supporting his body with his leg muscles).
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 04:26:22 PM »

Guess I'm not the only one. Some fan came up with a photoshopped version of the black suit picture Sony released that's closer to what was in the comics.

It's not perfect - 'cause it's not a perfect photoshop job - but just seeing the white logo, crude as it is, seems "right" to me. I hope there's a little more work on that suit.

That looks so much better!  I actually like that whereas the other one just looks stupid.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 04:31:58 PM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 04:51:27 PM »

yeah, that last one is definitely a fake.  the original is from spider-man 2

Mike Dunn
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 06:41:36 PM »

There have been some MAJOR SPOILERS posted online, apparently at Dark Horizons.  I don't want to see more than what I've already seen, but from what I have seen, sounds like Spider-Man 3 is going to go out with a bang.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2006, 08:29:53 PM »

Quote from: "Graham"
There have been some MAJOR SPOILERS posted online, apparently at Dark Horizons.  I don't want to see more than what I've already seen, but from what I have seen, sounds like Spider-Man 3 is going to go out with a bang.

We have the wonderful "spoiler" tag. smile

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2006, 08:44:43 PM »

here are the key players:

Tobey Maguire ....  Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Kirsten Dunst ....  Mary Jane Watson
Topher Grace ....  Eddie Brock/Venom (attached)
James Franco ....  Harry Osborn
Thomas Haden Church ....  Flint Marko/Sandman
Bryce Dallas Howard ....  Gwen Stacy (attached)
James Cromwell ....  Captain George Stacy

Topher better get on the juice... slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: