http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 02:36:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Amazing Spider-Man  (Read 15123 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2011, 03:14:07 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 23, 2011, 03:13:40 AM

Yeah, spider sense.  Wait, no.  That poster is terrible.

+1
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2011, 03:38:18 AM »

Ugh. This is going to be a disaster.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2011, 07:55:53 AM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on May 23, 2011, 03:38:18 AM

Ugh. This is going to be a disaster.

3 years until the next reboot!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:57 AM »

interview with the screenwriter.

He says the tone is more realistic than the previous Spider-Man films. He wanted to make sure that the film was grounded in reality, because he said he canít write cartoony dialogue. They told him reality was what they wanted, they wanted him to write Peter Parker as a real character.

but isn't cartoony dialog a mainstay of Spider-man?

Because I can,
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2011, 03:46:51 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 22, 2011, 11:27:37 PM

if this poster doesn't make you excited...

Spoiler for Hiden:

then you probably have good sense.

THAT'S THE TEASER POSTER?!!!!  retard

Talk about Fail... specially comparted to the awesome 'Dark Knight Rises' poster released today.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »

New pictures...

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20510114,00.html
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »

Mechanical shooters.

In all this, how the hell did I miss that Aunt May was played by Sally Field?!  That's not right.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2011, 08:59:51 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 14, 2011, 08:58:19 PM

Mechanical shooters.

In all this, how the hell did I miss that Aunt May was played by Sally Field?!  That's not right.

WTF?  That's just not even right.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »

Ugggh this just looks so awful to me.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2011, 09:03:30 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on July 14, 2011, 08:59:51 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 14, 2011, 08:58:19 PM

Mechanical shooters.

WTF?  That's just not even right.

I don't know if I'm ever going to get over the suit. I realize that the classic costume isn't the manliest costume ever, but this looks all kinds of stupid.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2011, 03:25:27 AM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on February 15, 2011, 04:38:47 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 06, 2011, 01:24:57 AM

ummm......

And now all the gays will surely be checking this movie out.  icon_lol

here's even more enticement:

Because I can,
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2011, 03:39:18 AM »

Damn! Who knew Spidey was such a great bottom.  icon_lol icon_razz
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2011, 02:19:35 AM »

leaked trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HawpgF6UCnI

Because I can,
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2011, 03:43:22 AM »

Are you sure it isn't a trailer for a Mirror's Edge sequel?   icon_wink

Actually, I think I'd prefer a Mirror's Edge style game with you playing Spiderman than the new film reboot.   icon_confused

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2011, 04:43:29 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 20, 2011, 02:19:35 AM

Zzzzz
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2011, 10:11:42 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 20, 2011, 04:43:29 AM

Zzzzz

Agreed for the most part. I think it's a mistake doing yet another origin movie when Sam Raimi's was so good.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »

Quote from: rickfc on July 20, 2011, 10:11:42 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on July 20, 2011, 04:43:29 AM

Zzzzz

Agreed for the most part. I think it's a mistake doing yet another origin movie when Sam Raimi's was so good.

plus having Peter Parker and Mysterio being buddies who start their own magic show in Vegas before having a falling out is a bad idea.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »

I liked the Mirror's Edge part of the trailer, didn't really like any of the rest.

I'd watch a 2 hour movie 100% from Spiderman's perspective. lol
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2011, 01:26:16 PM »

I quite liked the look of it,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »

Here's the oficale version of the teaser trailer:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810165200/video/25992349
I don't know if I think the "first person view" scenes are cool, or too much like a videogame.  icon_neutral

*I like that Webb is talking about focusing more on stunt work and using less CGI for web-swinging Peter Parker. To me the CGI-ness of Raimi's films was sometimes great but more often took you out of the reality of the situation and left you rooting for a bunch of pixels. OTOH, wire-work has pretty much lost the novelty it had in the era of The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. So I'm not sure a stuntman swinging back and forth between rigged buildings will necessarily grab the audience per se.

*I like the idea of Peter Parker trying to figure out what happened to his parents. The comics largely pretend like his parents never even existed. I read it for years and years and don't ever recall a storyline involving his parents. Exploring that seems like a good way to do something orignal with Peter Parker's story.

All that said, my understanding is Spidey 3 was messed up more because of pressure put on Raimi to keep including more of this and more of that (Raimi wanted to use The Vulture, Sony wanted Venom, etc.). I think if SM3 had focused on either Sandman *or* Venom and given an interesting back story, it would've been a more fondly regarded film. In retrospect, Iron Man 2 last summer reminded me of it in terms of having too many villains and subplots for its own good.

So I'm still of a mind that Sam R. deserved one more shot at the series, withOUT studio interference.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:42:49 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »

The parents stuff wasn't mainstream, but it was explored.  They didn't just run a paint store.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2011, 05:56:50 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 20, 2011, 05:39:32 PM

All that said, my understanding is Spidey 3 was messed up more because of pressure put on Raimi to keep including more of this and more of that (Raimi wanted to use The Vulture, Sony wanted Venom, etc.). I think if SM3 had focused on either Sandman *or* Venom and given an interesting back story, it would've been a more fondly regarded film. In retrospect, Iron Man 2 last summer reminded me of it in terms of having too many villains and subplots for its own good.

I think they could have had two villains had Venom's story been handled a little better.

All of a sudden Gwen Stacy is just fodder for Peter to make MJ jealous? FAIL
The symbiote just so happens to land on an asteroid RIGHT next to Peter's scooter? FAIL
Casting Topher Grace was Eddie Brock/Venom? FAIL

Even though the character's inclusion was due to pressure from the studio, I have to wonder how many of the decisions on how to handle the character were Raimi's.

Back on topic - the official trailer makes it look a little better, but not much. Spider-Man was my comic book of choice growing up, and I can't help but groan watching that trailer.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on July 20, 2011, 05:56:50 PM

Back on topic - the official trailer makes it look a little better, but not much. Spider-Man was my comic book of choice growing up, and I can't help but groan watching that trailer.

why?what is it that everybody is disliking about this?....as said i think this looks pretty cool and can't wait for it

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2011, 06:09:06 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 20, 2011, 06:00:19 PM

why?what is it that everybody is disliking about this?....as said i think this looks pretty cool and can't wait for it

It just doesn't look interesting to me. It's not any one thing, but the whole thing, really. Martin Sheen doesn't come across as the Uncle Ben type character, nor does Sally Field as Aunt May. With or without glasses, Peter doesn't look like a hopeless nerd, and the suit is horrible. Other than the mask, it looks atrocious.

I could be very pleasantly surprised with it, but so far, everything I've seen for it has made me want to watch it less than before.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on July 20, 2011, 06:09:06 PM

It just doesn't look interesting to me. It's not any one thing, but the whole thing, really. Martin Sheen doesn't come across as the Uncle Ben type character, nor does Sally Field as Aunt May. With or without glasses, Peter doesn't look like a hopeless nerd, and the suit is horrible. Other than the mask, it looks atrocious.

+1.  I was excited for the 3 Raimi movies, but this one fills me with zero interest whatsoever.  if they had skipped making it another origin film I might give it a chance, but I'm just going to skip it but still make fun of it.

I also need to re-install Mirror's Edge.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »

I could be very pleasantly surprised with it, but so far, everything I've seen for it has made me want to watch it less than before.

i can see where you are coming from with the Martin Sheen/Sally field thing,that is similar for me with Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Pa and Ma Kent in Man of Steel

I grew up with the TV movies of Spider-Man(and the Dragons Challenge/Strikes Again etc),so not too fussed if Peter doesn't look a complete nerd(which i agree he doesn't...but i have been out of school for nearly 20 years now,maybe Nerds look different now,LOL),he was a fully grown adult in those TV movies,LOL

I am hoping that this kid does still have the witty jokes that Spidey is known for though

As for the suit,the only thing i don't like are the shoes..(looking at these pics and pausing/stopping the Youtube vid of the new trailer)..apart from the hands/arms,i can't really see that much difference from the Sam Raimi flick,maybe looks like a darker suit(Darker Blue and Darker Red),i am just glad there aren't big web-slinging bracelets on his wrists icon_biggrin

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 20, 2011, 06:46:06 PM

As for the suit,the only thing i don't like are the shoes..(looking at these pics and pausing/stopping the Youtube vid of the new trailer)..apart from the hands/arms,i can't really see that much difference from the Sam Raimi flick,maybe looks like a darker suit(Darker Blue and Darker Red),i am just glad there aren't big web-slinging bracelets on his wrists icon_biggrin

I don't have time right now, but look at the web patterns on the red parts of the suit. They, IMO, strayed too far from the simple web pattern that the red and blue costume has.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2011, 08:57:51 PM »

Not sure if this was posted, but Peter Parkour made me laugh.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2011, 12:35:40 AM »

Collider dug up the trailer for Raimi's Spider-Man (to be fair, not sure it's a teaser trailer, so there's a lot more in it - though they're actually each almost exactly the same length, 2:30) so you can view the two side-by-side (er, above/below each other). It's pretty clear (imho) the main thing missing from Webb's iteration is any sense of Serious Fun. It's more like an indie film dirge, and seems even more so if it view the trailers right after each other:
http://collider.com/amazing-spider-man-trailer/103300/
Makes me nostalgic for May 2002.  tear

Which doesn't mean it can't be great (maybe it's better not to emulate Raimi's style at all), but I'm still unconvinced hiring someone with a track record of one nice rom-com (500 Days of Summer) made much sense. Even if the Evil Dead trilogy and Darkman didn't exactly scream out "Spider-Man!" in terms of Raimi's track record, you just knew he would bring incredible energy and a memorable directorial style to the films, and A Simple Plan and For Love of the Game seemed to indicate he'd handle the drama and emotions with aplomb.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:38:01 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2011, 01:53:44 AM »

Why do the origin story again? After an origin movie's been made, even if you reboot, why not just presume the audience knows the general "how" of your characters coming about, and just have fun with the characters. It's not like every writer retells Spider-Man's origins when he or she is given scripting duties for the comic....

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »

So how badly does the new trailer rip-off Mirror's Edge???

http://kotaku.com/5823215/how-blatantly-does-the-new-spider+man-trailer-rip-off-mirrors-edge
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on July 21, 2011, 01:37:42 PM

Hilarious
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2011, 08:41:39 AM »

word from Comic Con is the big baddie is:

Spoiler for Hiden:
indeed the Lizard.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »

From a blog post at ComicBookMovie.com about Comic-Con:
-Some guy comes to the microphone to ask a question wearing a crappy Spider-Man costume and says "I've always wanted to come to Comic-Con as a fan" and then rips off his masks and it's Andrew Garfield - Peter Parker himself!

-"Peter Parker made me, Andrew, braver. He made me stronger... I wouldn't be able to stand here right now if I didn't know Spider-Man was here with me today."
I don't know about the movie, but I already like Andrew Garfield now.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 23, 2011, 12:33:59 PM

-Some guy comes to the microphone to ask a question wearing a crappy Spider-Man costume and says "I've always wanted to come to Comic-Con as a fan" and then rips off his masks and it's Andrew Garfield - Peter Parker himself!

-"Peter Parker made me, Andrew, braver. He made me stronger... I wouldn't be able to stand here right now if I didn't know Spider-Man was here with me today."
I don't know about the movie, but I already like Andrew Garfield now.  icon_smile

you got to love PR stunts.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2011, 02:56:42 PM »

From AICN...

More spoilers on the very obvious (IMO) villain in the movie:

Spoiler for Hiden:
They confirmed the Lizard is the big baddie and showed us quite a bit of footage, including some mid-way transformation (looked good, real make-up, etc) and some full on Lizard action, which wasn't as thrilling. The CG wasn't bad, but he's hulked out.

The new Lizard is massive, looking more like a cross between Venom and Killer Croc. The face has an original Ditko symmetry to it and the tongue did poke out at two frightened girls (he makes his big entrance from a girl's toilet, believe it or not). But no lab coat, naked lizard green body all bulked up and full of CGI fury.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2011, 03:31:24 PM »

some clips from the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iai8NbB4-wA&feature=player_embedded

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »

go go Rhys Ifans!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 23, 2011, 02:10:39 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on July 23, 2011, 12:33:59 PM

you got to love PR stunts.

LOL, I may have hit the target with that one after reading this bit about Spielberg at comic con:

First audience question came from Andy Serkis who put on the act of being a nervous Comic-Con fan asking if it was true that when Daniel Craig met Clint Eastwood for the first time he was wearing MoCap tights? Iím guessing this is true. Heh.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2011, 02:50:11 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 25, 2011, 12:11:35 AM

LOL, I may have hit the target with that one after reading this bit about Spielberg at comic con:

Peter Jackson looks slightly chunky again in those pics,which is good i reckon,as he looked ill when he lost the weight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: