http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 09:20:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Amazing Spider-Man  (Read 15108 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »

and he promises the next won't be overblown, but makes no mentions on anymore dance scenes.   back to the basics?  sounds like it'd be a good time to bring out the Kingpin or Electro.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:54:55 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 12:00:33 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 19, 2009, 11:57:46 PM

and he promises the next won't be overblown, but makes no mentions on anymore dance scenes.   back to the basics?  sounds like it'd be a good time to bring out the Kingpin or Electro.

MYSTERIO!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:17:22 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 20, 2009, 12:00:33 AM

MYSTERIO!

ooh good one, I forgot all about him.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 12:17:57 AM »

I've never understood the superhero movie trend of adding a villain with every sequel.  Even the good ones do this.  1 baddie for 1, 2 for 2, etc.  I suppose the reason is that the first movie handles the hero's backstory, which you don't need for the sequel, but you can trim the half hour from your two and a half hour movie without the origin, and you've still got a sizeable amount of entertainment.

Honestly, I love Aaron Eckhardt, but did we really need Two Face in The Dark Knight?  His whole story line felt like a let-down after the Joker left the stage.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:35:48 AM »

MYSTERIO!

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 01:38:52 AM »

From the article..."and is regarded as the weakest instalment even though it brought in $891million at the global box office."

icon_eek  I think the only lesson learned is that people like shit.

morlac00 on PSN
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 02:09:41 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 20, 2009, 01:35:48 AM

MYSTERIO!

Not Rey!

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 02:20:23 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 20, 2009, 12:17:57 AM

I've never understood the superhero movie trend of adding a villain with every sequel.  Even the good ones do this.  1 baddie for 1, 2 for 2, etc.  I suppose the reason is that the first movie handles the hero's backstory, which you don't need for the sequel, but you can trim the half hour from your two and a half hour movie without the origin, and you've still got a sizeable amount of entertainment.

Honestly, I love Aaron Eckhardt, but did we really need Two Face in The Dark Knight?  His whole story line felt like a let-down after the Joker left the stage.

I totally agree that more is rarely better.  I think they could have cut 90% of Eckhardt's role in in The Dark Knight and it would only have helped tighten up the movie. 

Of course the one exception to this rule is Batman & Robin, which is clearly the best superhero movie ever made.  slywink

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 02:47:19 AM »

I thought they made him put more into the last movie? Either way I don't see him messing up two in a row.  thumbsup
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 03:41:47 AM »

Quote from: morlac on October 20, 2009, 01:38:52 AM

icon_eek  I think the only lesson learned is that people like shit.

Agreed.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 01:45:28 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 20, 2009, 02:20:23 AM

I think they could have cut 90% of Eckhardt's role in in The Dark Knight and it would only have helped tighten up the movie.

I would have liked to have his role in The Dark Knight end when he turns to Gordon and you see his scarred face for the first time, and he has embraced the name Two Face. That would have set up a third film nicely, and allowed the end of TDK to focus on the Joker. As it is though, I really enjoyed the ending anyway, and I'm ok with sacrificing Two Face because it would have been a totally different ending without it.

Quote from: Octavious230 on October 20, 2009, 02:47:19 AM

I thought they made him put more into the last movie? Either way I don't see him messing up two in a row.  thumbsup

Supposedly he wanted to do Sandman from the beginning, because that was one of his favorite stories from the comics. The problem is Sandman hasn't been in the comics much the past 20 years, and the studio wanted to put Venom in to please the fans. Unfortunately, Raimi didn't like Venom, and liked being told what to do even less, so he kind of half-assed it.

I've thought that Mysterio would be a good villain. The special effects on that could be crazy, and you can do pretty much whatever you want, since he can make people see things that aren't really there. I also am looking for some Vulture. Raimi has to have some falling and punching in slow motion, and Vulture is the obvious choice for that.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 02:33:16 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on October 20, 2009, 01:45:28 PM

Supposedly he wanted to do Sandman from the beginning, because that was one of his favorite stories from the comics. The problem is Sandman hasn't been in the comics much the past 20 years, and the studio wanted to put Venom in to please the fans. Unfortunately, Raimi didn't like Venom, and liked being told what to do even less, so he kind of half-assed it.

I've thought that Mysterio would be a good villain. The special effects on that could be crazy, and you can do pretty much whatever you want, since he can make people see things that aren't really there. I also am looking for some Vulture. Raimi has to have some falling and punching in slow motion, and Vulture is the obvious choice for that.

Actually, the villain he really wanted was Vulture (he's clearly a classic Spidey fan), but that character is even more of a problem than Sandman, being both outdated and ridiculous.  I think he could have made the character work, though.  Maybe he'll get the chance.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 02:39:53 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 20, 2009, 02:33:16 PM

Quote from: msteelers on October 20, 2009, 01:45:28 PM

Actually, the villain he really wanted was Vulture (he's clearly a classic Spidey fan), but that character is even more of a problem than Sandman, being both outdated and ridiculous.  I think he could have made the character work, though.  Maybe he'll get the chance.

yeah, since he's a classic Spiey fan I'm guessing we'll see one, maybe 2 of the following: Lizard (Dr. Connor has been in all 3 movies so far), Vulture, Scorpion, Electro, Mysterio or Kingpin and maybe a Black Cat or Silver Sable subplot.

of course he could pull out the big guns and go with Kraven.

Because I can,
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 02:51:43 PM »

I hope they go with Scorpion.  His origin story is chock full o' J. Jonah Jameson.  And I love me some JJJ.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »

Are you sure? Everything I've ever read says that the original script was a story about Sandman. Including from this interview.

Well, I had, there's so many fears I have in the making of the movies, that that’s just one of them, so I don't want to make it seem overblown in my vast array of things I'm terrified of that people won't like. But I had worked on the story with my brother Ivan, and primarily it was a story that featured the Sandman. It was really about Peter, Mary Jane, Harry, and that new character. But when we were done, Avi Arad, my partner and the former president of Marvel at the time, said to me, Sam, you're so, you're not paying attention to the fans enough. You need to think about them. You've made two movies now with your favorite villains, and now you're about to make another one with your favorite villains. The fans love Venom, he is the fan favorite. All Spiderman readers love Venom, and even though you came from 70s Spiderman, this is what the kids are thinking about.

While looking for that link, I saw another article that quotes Raimi as saying he would like to use Morbius for the next film. While he's an interesting character in the comics, in a post-Twilight world I fear this character.

Quote from: kadnod on October 20, 2009, 02:51:43 PM

I hope they go with Scorpion.  His origin story is chock full o' J. Jonah Jameson.  And I love me some JJJ.

I like Scorpion, but they would have to change his origin. Having JJJ running a secret chemical test to give people superpowers for the sole purpose of killing Spider-Man might not go over too well.  icon_biggrin

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 20, 2009, 02:20:23 AM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 20, 2009, 12:17:57 AM

I've never understood the superhero movie trend of adding a villain with every sequel.  Even the good ones do this.  1 baddie for 1, 2 for 2, etc.  I suppose the reason is that the first movie handles the hero's backstory, which you don't need for the sequel, but you can trim the half hour from your two and a half hour movie without the origin, and you've still got a sizeable amount of entertainment.

Honestly, I love Aaron Eckhardt, but did we really need Two Face in The Dark Knight?  His whole story line felt like a let-down after the Joker left the stage.

I totally agree that more is rarely better.  I think they could have cut 90% of Eckhardt's role in in The Dark Knight and it would only have helped tighten up the movie.

Actually, yes, we really did need Two Face in The Dark Knight.  The reason being that in order to push Batman to break the one rule he has always steadfastly adhered to and to undermine the inspiring incorruptability of such key Gotham figures like Batman and Dent, The Joker had to corrupt the incorruptable in order to "win".  The Joker didn't want to take over Gotham, and the general chaos around the city wasn't his true or only motive.  He wanted to create complete and utter anarchy, just because.  For no other reason than "just because", but he also wanted to ruin something that would destroy the emotional state of Gotham, not just physical destruction.  And so in his own mind he had won because he had done the impossible, to corrupt the incorruptable.  He managed to take Gotham's hope, dreams, and inspiration, all invested in Harvey Dent, and turn it on its ear by turning even Gotham's "white knight" into a murderous criminal.  

Without Two Face we only had general chaos.  But the transformation of Harvey Dent into Two Face is integral to the Dark Knight storyline.  And it then paved the way for Batman to become a true "dark knight" by taking the blame for the deaths associated with Two Face's brief rampage in order to try to salvage any hope or inspiration born from Dent's efforts because of just how fragile Gotham's emotional state really was.  Two Face didn't really have to be involved with a large portion of the film because his purpose wasn't to be a key villian, but to be a key element in The Joker's obsession with corrupting everything, including the incorruptable, and causing Batman to drop even further in the public eye by taking responsibility for all of Dent's wrongs.

A good example would be the film The Hurt Locker.  It had a number of huge actors you never even knew were in the film until you saw it, and at first many viewers felt their talents were wasted by short performances and brief appearances.  But, these actors played very key roles at integral parts of the story and lesser-known actors would never have had the impact these actors had.  Their performances were short, but absolutely necessary in the story, and I doubt lesser-known actors would have had the same impact.  Sometimes major talents are necessary for minor elements in a film, because while these elements may appear minor at first, as the story develops you learn that these "minor" elements were actually integral to the story's progression.

Two Face felt underutilized, but probably because his role wasn't meant to be a major villian hell-bent on taking over the world.  He was the embodiment of The Joker's goals, and the rise, fall, and demise of Dent was The Joker's true victory, not the chaos he caused in Gotham.  That is why cutting out Dent's/Two Face's storyline would undermine the story of The Dark Knight.  Because even though Dent was caught/killed, and The Joker's reign was halted, he still won.  Dent/Two Face is the trophy of that victory.

I completely agree that "more is not better" when directors start flooding a superhero film with throw-away villians, but I think that Two Face is a bad example because he was more than just a villian, he was proof of The Joker's victory.  He wasn't supposed to be a major villian. 

Spiderman 3 had many problems, including too many villians.  I am actually concerned that Iron Man 2 might suffer a bit from too many villians, but I am optimistic because the first film was simply fucking awesome.  Spiderman 2 was the absolute high point of the Spiderman films series, and while 3 was almost destined for disappointment due to 2 raising the bar so high, it just crashed and burned due to too many villians, weird story elements (dark Peter wasn't menacing or intimidating, he was simply a douche), and just a general feeling of being unclear and a bit muddled in its presentation.

4 needs to get back to what made 1 and 2 so great.  Clear storytelling, a key villian or two, and cut back on the character douche factor. 

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »

Yeah, dropping Two Face from The Dark Knight would have destroyed the soul of the movie.  It would be like making The Sting without a pool hall, The Godfather without the mob, On Golden Blonde without sodomy...

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 03:59:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 20, 2009, 02:39:53 PM

yeah, since he's a classic Spiey fan I'm guessing we'll see one, maybe 2 of the following: Lizard (Dr. Connor has been in all 3 movies so far), Vulture, Scorpion, Electro, Mysterio or Kingpin and maybe a Black Cat or Silver Sable subplot.

of course he could pull out the big guns and go with Kraven.

mmm... Black Cat...  drool

Has Kingpin appeared in any spider-man movie yet? I'm trying to remember but my brain keeps pulling up Daredevil scenes. Kingpin is pretty much Spider-man's arch-enemy, he needs to make an appearance.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »

From what I recall hearing, Kingpin is locked into the Daredevil world due to the differing rights awarded to certain studios.  You won't see Kingpin in a Spiderman film until there's a shift in who has the rights.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 04:16:13 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 20, 2009, 04:14:48 PM

From what I recall hearing, Kingpin is locked into the Daredevil world due to the differing rights awarded to certain studios.  You won't see Kingpin in a Spiderman film until there's a shift in who has the rights.

dangit.. I wish Marvel could just get all the rights back so we can have all kinds of cameo appearances.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »

I used Two Face as an example because DK was a superior movie.  I think they could have acheived the same effect Pete mentions without throwing another villain onto the fire.  Frankly, it reduced Two-Face's origin to something poignant yet, in the end, meaningless in and of itself.  It's a good story-line that could have filled a whole other movie.   Additionally, the Joker was such a standout that anything else was a let-down after.  This may have been better served by moving the Dent wrap-up to somewhere before the Joker gets captured.

Don't get me wrong, I think DK is a fantastic movie.  I don't think Two-Face being in there ruins it, necessarily.  I do think some studio head somewhere said, "No, this is a sequel, we need two villains, at least" and they made the best of it.  But I also think Two Face got underutilized as a result.

Quote from: msteelers on October 20, 2009, 03:09:26 PM

Actually, the villain he really wanted was Vulture (he's clearly a classic Spidey fan), but that character is even more of a problem than Sandman, being both outdated and ridiculous.  I think he could have made the character work, though.  Maybe he'll get the chance.

Are you sure? Everything I've ever read says that the original script was a story about Sandman.

Pretty sure.  Ben Kingsley was in negotiations to play him.  Sandman was in it, too, though.

Here, I just found this quote from AICN:
If you get the ART OF SPIDER-MAN 3 book, you can see an original design that shows that Raimi’s initial direction on SPIDER-MAN 3 was to bring in THE VULTURE. The Vulture and Sandman were going to escape Prison together.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 20, 2009, 04:17:17 PM

I used Two Face as an example because DK was a superior movie.  I think they could have acheived the same effect Pete mentions without throwing another villain onto the fire.  Frankly, it reduced Two-Face's origin to something poignant yet, in the end, meaningless in and of itself.  It's a good story-line that could have filled a whole other movie.   Additionally, the Joker was such a standout that anything else was a let-down after.  This may have been better served by moving the Dent wrap-up to somewhere before the Joker gets captured.

Don't get me wrong, I think DK is a fantastic movie.  I don't think Two-Face being in there ruins it, necessarily.  I do think some studio head somewhere said, "No, this is a sequel, we need two villains, at least" and they made the best of it.  But I also think Two Face got underutilized as a result.

they did have 2 villains in the first movie: Ras al Ghul and Scarecrow.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »

Well they did add Venom but they screwed the pooch with him imo and left me with a bad taste afterwards.  I was so upset with how they handled venom in Spidey 3.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 20, 2009, 04:17:17 PM

My contention is that Two Face was not underutilized and key to the Joker's storyline.  Two Face wasn't meant to be a major villian as much as he was the manifestation of The Joker's ultimate success.  The fall of Dent wasn't meant to be a major storyline, and stretching it out into an entire movie would have undermined its impact.  It was meant to demonstrate The Joker's success in undermining Gotham's hope.  And his fall had to come after The Joker's capture in order for it to be so crushing.  Mainly because even though The Joker was captured and his reign of terror was ended, he still won.  If Dent's demise came before The Joker's capture the film would have been anti-climactic.  The point was that even though The Joker wasn't able to blow up the two ferries and he was captured, his ultimate goal was still accomplished.  He still won despite his capture, because freedom wasn't as important to him as destroying what Gotham held most sacred.  Harvey Dent.  

Dent's degradation into Two Face wasn't meant to fill an entire film, mainly because he wasn't a major villian, but instead was the embodiment of The Joker's ultimate victory. He was a story element for The Joker, further demonstating just how sick and twisted The Joker really was.  In his own mind he had won, despite his capture, because Dent had fallen.  Dent's fall was more about The Joker than it was about Two Face.  

Without the fall of Dent The Joker doesn't win in the end, and I think that is key in The Dark Knight.  Most mistake Dent's storyline as a separate villianous element to the film.  When in actuality he is a part of The Joker's story and his ultimate victory.  Otherwise The Joker's capture is at least in part a happy ending.  Sure, Dent fell, but The Joker's reign ended.  However, if The Joker is first captured and then Dent goes on his little rampage only to be killed in the end, even despite Joker's capture he is still victorious.  He managed to corrupt the incorruptable.  Dent to Two Face is less about Dent and more about The Joker.  Hence the alleged underutilization.  

Man, what a derailment.  Only further proof of just how bad Spiderman 3 was.  It undermined our faith in the next installment so badly that we'd rather talk about The Dark Knight instead.   icon_wink
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:46:53 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 07:29:12 PM »

Dark Knight +1 awesome flick and I agree with Pete.  Two-Face/Dent role in the movie was prefect

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 07:33:44 PM »

Just to defensively point out, Pete, that I'm not an idiot. icon_wink  I don't see the movie's Two Face as separate from the Joker.  However, to say he's not or couldn't be a major villain is missing his history in the comics.  He's a fascinating and extremely significant part of Batman's Rogue Gallery.  An entire movie could have been dedicated to him, easily.  Lumping him into the Joker's storyline brings him down several notches to a near-nobody.

I do understand the whole "Joker still wins" aspect of Two Face, and I like the bittersweet not all shiny happiness of the ending, however, the lack of screen time at the end for the driving force of the movie makes it run out of steam a bit, is my main point on this issue.  The Joker's energy is missed greatly, and Dent is just not quite as good.  

Oh, and CeeKay, in a sense, they had Scarecrow in Dark Knight, too.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 20, 2009, 07:29:12 PM

Two-Face/Dent role in the movie was prefect

Ford Prefect?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 20, 2009, 07:33:44 PM

Just to defensively point out, Pete, that I'm not an idiot. icon_wink  I don't see the movie's Two Face as separate from the Joker.  However, to say he's not or couldn't be a major villain is missing his history in the comics.  He's a fascinating and extremely significant part of Batman's Rogue Gallery.  An entire movie could have been dedicated to him, easily.  Lumping him into the Joker's storyline brings him down several notches to a near-nobody.

I do understand the whole "Joker still wins" aspect of Two Face, and I like the bittersweet not all shiny happiness of the ending, however, the lack of screen time at the end for the driving force of the movie makes it run out of steam a bit, is my main point on this issue.  The Joker's energy is missed greatly, and Dent is just not quite as good.  

I can certainly see your point.  And in the context of the comics Two Face was extremely underutilized.  However, in the context of the film I think it worked perfectly.

I'm not necessarily trying to attack your point of view, just trying to better explain why I thought Two Face worked perfectly for my own interpretation and enjoyment of the film.  He certainly could have made a great film-length villian, especially with Eckhart playing the role as I find him to be very talented (Thank You For Smoking is a fantastic showcase of his knack for dialogue delivery), but for The Dark Knight to succeed I just don't think there was any other way to have the story play out.  Dent had to fall for The Joker's victory to transcend above all, including his own capture. 

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 20, 2009, 07:36:59 PM

Ford Prefect?
prefect/perfect  icon_razz

NiM$
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 07:54:38 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 20, 2009, 07:47:56 PM

Ford Prefect?
Dentarthurdent?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »

but he had about as much effect on the story as Zsasz did in Begins.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 08:49:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 20, 2009, 08:33:38 PM

Don't think we'll ever see Zsasz as a main villian.  Joker is a manical psychopath, but Zsasz is on a whole different level when it come to what he does.   Bane should be next

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 09:00:44 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 20, 2009, 07:54:38 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 20, 2009, 07:47:56 PM

Ford Prefect?
Dentarthurdent?
The Late

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 09:31:22 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 20, 2009, 08:49:25 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 20, 2009, 08:33:38 PM

Don't think we'll ever see Zsasz as a main villian.  Joker is a manical psychopath, but Zsasz is on a whole different level when it come to what he does.   Bane should be next

I would be surprised if The Riddler isn't a major villain in the next movie. He fits the new style perfectly.

Also, Batman Begins actually had 3 villains, though one of them was Bruce Wayne's villain (the mob boss) while the other two were Batman's. The Dark Knight did not overindulge in villains.
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 09:55:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdrlzvnkgLg&feature=PlayList&p=BD7E99B08C0D72AB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 10:01:40 PM »

i would really love for a riddler/harley quinn in the next one with batman regaining some of his public trust, then hold azrael/bane for the 4th movie.  they could end the movie with him broken and that would be great. 

and zsazz had such a small part in bb that i don't even remember him being in there.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 11:52:02 PM »

Dark Knight +1 awesome flick and I agree with Pete.  Two-Face/Dent role in the movie was prefect
Agreed.  I would like to add that it is interesting that the only other (mostly) uncorruptable in Gotham is Batman and he had to take the fall in order to protect Dent's legacy.  So while the Joker still 'won' it was not in the way he wanted as nobody knew of Dent's downfall.  Also, while Batman erased the Joker's victory he sacrificed his own reputation to do it and in a way became a two face himself.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 12:41:52 AM by morlac » Logged

morlac00 on PSN
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 12:20:27 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 20, 2009, 03:41:47 AM

Quote from: morlac on October 20, 2009, 01:38:52 AM

icon_eek  I think the only lesson learned is that people like crap.

Agreed.

See transformers I and II box office for further confirmation.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 01:04:21 AM »

Throw in Kraven the Hunter! (I'd really prefer other villains, but maybe as a humorous subplot... could be Bruce Campbell's role or something icon_wink )
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2009, 01:33:01 AM »

John Malkovich as the Vulture?

Because I can,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: