http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 07:34:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spider-Man's Back in Black  (Read 1886 times)
Fireball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2006, 10:35:11 PM »

Not as cool as Superman, but pretty damn cool.

Could this be the film that breaks the three-movie superhero franchise curse?

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 10:48:46 PM »

Really?  I'd say cooler than Superman!  smile

I have a feeling this will be a curse breaker!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 10:54:27 PM »

I think the difference is that Sam Raimi didn't leave after the first two movies.

I'm sure every X-Men fan in existance wishes Singer had stuck around for at least the final film.

OMG, that trailer looks totally fricken awesome, by the way.  Glad to see they are finishing up the Green Goblin thing.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:58:06 PM »

I think that's about as commanding an announcement as any I've seen. Every executive in Hollywood just crapped their pants because that beast is going to hit next May and wipe out everything in its path.

Fuck yeah. thumbsup

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:27:53 PM »

Whoa.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 11:29:45 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
I think the difference is that Sam Raimi didn't leave after the first two movies.

I'm sure every X-Men fan in existance wishes Singer had stuck around for at least the final film.

OMG, that trailer looks totally fricken awesome, by the way.  Glad to see they are finishing up the Green Goblin thing.

Could Singer have saved X-3, though?  That script was just god-awful.  Maybe if Singer had stuck around, he vetoes that craptacular script but honestly, I don't know if he could have pulled it off any better.  The material wasn't there for him to work with.

Now, speaking as someone who didn't particularly care for Spider-Man 2 (and yes, I know this makes me a marked man but that scene on the runaway subway train when his face is exposed and everyone's all, "We won't tell anyone Spider-Man" made me want to scream), I thought that the trailer for S-3 was awesome.  I can't wait for it to come out in...a year.  When did they get so pre-emptive with their trailers?

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 11:35:40 PM »

Quote from: "RightBastard"
Could Singer have saved X-3, though?  That script was just god-awful.  Maybe if Singer had stuck around, he vetoes that craptacular script but honestly, I don't know if he could have pulled it off any better.  The material wasn't there for him to work with.

I guess I'm going on the assumption he had some sort of stript approval or input.  You are right, that could be a mistaken assumption.

I haven't seen it, and due to a spoiler I read (which I'm actually grateful for) about an event in the beginning of the movie, I actually doubt I'll even bother to see it.

Now, speaking as someone who didn't particularly care for Spider-Man 2 (and yes, I know this makes me a marked man but that scene on the runaway subway train when his face is exposed and everyone's all, "We won't tell anyone Spider-Man" made me want to scream)

I actually thought that scene was very touching.

I thought that the trailer for S-3 was awesome.  I can't wait for it to come out in...a year.  When did they get so pre-emptive with their trailers?

Maybe it's part of the process.  I know things sit around for a while, and perhaps all the effects still need to be finished.  Or maybe it's all finished, and they just figure May is the best time to release it.  All speculation, of course.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 12:07:55 AM »

:shock:

can someone pass me a clean pair of shorts?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 12:29:10 AM »

That looks like far to much to put into one 2 hour movie!

---
XBox Live: ScottW
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 01:01:58 AM »

unless they start it off with a battle with sandman that wraps up before the first act, leading into the main storyline with Goblin and the black suit.  remember how Raiders of The Lost Ark started off on the tail end of an adventure-in-progress?

As long as they don't cram venom into it I think we're safe- we have all the backstory we need already for the Harry Goblin, casting Eddie Brock and doing the black suit story sets up Venom for the next film nicely, and to be honest, a movie with Sandman as the main baddie would be pretty weak.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 01:24:36 AM »

That trailer gets me all sorts of excited ... but I'm still going to be the asshole and say that I don't like the look of the black suit. Give me my damn white logo!

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 02:45:40 AM »

Now, speaking as someone who didn't particularly care for Spider-Man 2 (and yes, I know this makes me a marked man but that scene on the runaway subway train when his face is exposed and everyone's all, "We won't tell anyone Spider-Man" made me want to scream)

As did I.  One of my favorite touches in the film.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 03:48:09 AM »

One question that suddenly popped into mind:

Will Sony still use the Spiderman font for their PS3? Or will they use something else because of this movie? :roll:  :twisted:

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 04:10:21 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
One question that suddenly popped into mind:

Will Sony still use the Spiderman font for their PS3? Or will they use something else because of this movie? :roll:  :twisted:

Wait, I thought this was an ad for the Playstation 3  :?:

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 04:16:55 AM »

X3 would have been totally different with Singer- the two writers of X3, Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg, were only brought onboard when Singer and the writers of X-Men 1&2 (Dan Harris and Michael Daugherty, all went over to Superman.  Had Singer stayed on with X3, Harris and Daugherty would have done the script.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 04:32:29 AM »

Wow that's a very cool trailer.  Any place to download it directly?
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 04:37:26 AM »

Waaaaaaaaaay cooler than Super Man.  But hey, we need a gay super hero right.... right??

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 04:43:07 AM »

Not to mention that directors have way more power than writers.  There's a lot of movies out there that were written very well, but directors basically told the writers to change it.

Uwe Boll, for instance.  slywink
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 05:00:49 AM »

Quote from: "warning"

A quick scan of the page's source code gave me this link:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/spider-man_3-tsr_h.640.mov

And for you iPod users, grab this link to get it for your device (don't know if this is correct or not, but it says so in the code):

http://movies.apple.com/movies/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/spider-man_3-tsr_p320.m4v.zip

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 11:28:49 AM »

Yeah, I'm not liking the 3 villians thing; but hopefully it'll work out.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 12:03:17 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry"

As did I.  One of my favorite touches in the film.

One of the best scenes in the series thus far.

The new trailer is awesome, but I too will voice concern about the batmanesque too many villains for one film.

Howver, Raimi has done an amazing job and 2 was significantly better than 1...hopefully he'll do it again.

This will be the first movie I see in the theater in a LONG time.

Why must it be May of 2007!?
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 02:42:27 PM »

I am interested but I can't imagine they can fit all that stuff in one movie.  3 villians and a love triangle, plus his own mental problems from the black suit.

I will see it but I can't imagine how they will provide quality time for all of those story lines.

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 03:38:09 PM »

Oddly enough, the trailer eased my fears about three villains being in the movie.

First, there aren't any shots of Venom.  Sure, there's a shot of Topher Grace lookin' masculine for once, but there are no shots of the Venom character.  Makes me wonder if perhaps this film sets up the character behind Venom and the resentment that fuels him for exploitation in a later film.

Second, all the shots of Sandman could easily be a single fight scene.  I'm leaning further and further towards a 20-minute action fest where Spidey takes down Sandman to open the film, followed by a long segment of quieter character bits.

Third, there appears to be a decent focus on Green Goblin II, Hobgoblin, or whatever they're calling the Goblin character in this one.  When casting was being announced, I was worried the trilogy's arc had been pushed by the wayside.

All-in-all, this trailer left me feeling more positive about the movie than all of leaked news so far.  Perhaps Raimi hasn't bitten off more than he can chew.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 03:43:31 PM »

I think if Venom is fully in this film then the effects work on him isn't done at all. If we see any hints as to what he looks like in his full glory then the second trailer (I'm expecting between Christmas and March) should hint at it. I honestly hope that they never show or even hint that a full Venom is anywhere in the movie so when people come out of the first screening they are flipping out over it. Hell, they didn't even have to show Venom and anyone who sees this trailer is guaranteed to buy tickets opening weekend. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Haavok1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 08:23:38 PM »

The scene where he is tearing the suit off next to the giant bell should be right before the suit leaves him and becomes the Venom/Eddie character.  I would guess that scene is somewhere from the late middle to the end of the movie.  I think Venom will be Spidey #4, we will just get a small glimpse of him to fuel the next movie.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 08:35:55 PM »

Quote from: "Haavok1"
The scene where he is tearing the suit off next to the giant bell should be right before the suit leaves him and becomes the Venom/Eddie character.  I would guess that scene is somewhere from the late middle to the end of the movie.  I think Venom will be Spidey #4, we will just get a small glimpse of him to fuel the next movie.

I don't think McGuire or Dunst have signed on for 4....I thought I read somewhere that they were pretty much done with it after 3.  I also thought Raimi said he would rather move on to other projects...

I hope there's a 4....
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 09:01:54 PM »

I think they are going to have to, otherwise the venom character will just be completely left alone. That would totally suck.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
unbreakable
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »

Dunst, I could care less if she is back.  I'm not really a big fan of hers.  She didn't do bad, but that wasn't really a role she would make her own and end up being anything but his "always needs to be rescued" love interest.  I could add she looks nothing like the comic book character, but whatever.

I know it's out of canon, but I would make Eddie Brock the same guy who shot Uncle Ben.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 01:27:37 AM »

Actually, it'd be kind of interesting if Raimi had everything set up for a fourth movie, with the dawn of Venom and Harry's Goblin ... and left it up to someone else to tackle. Leave Toby, leave Kirsten, leave Franco. Find new talent, director, writer, producer, and see where the series goes. Put it in someone else's skilled hands (James Cameron!!! Ridley Scott!!!) and go with their take on it.

And by the way, does anyone else think that the new Goblin Glider just looks like a flying snowboard going sideways? And Harry's mask looks super weird.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 02:52:51 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "warning"

A quick scan of the page's source code gave me this link:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/spider-man_3-tsr_h.640.mov

Quick scan on apple site to download video won't work in that way. That file is just a pointer to the actual file, to download video from apple site directly you need to find out the actual filename. You can do that by opening up the file in notepad or other text editor. In the case of Spiderman 3 trailer, the actual filename is spider-man_3-tsr_h640w.mov then you replace the name of the file from above link with the actual filename and download from there.

For the Spiderman 3 trailer, that is:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/spider-man_3-tsr_h640w.mov
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 03:02:12 AM »

Looks good.

That's all I have to say. It's cool. AWESOME.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 03:02:27 PM »

I'm optimistic.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: