http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 10:46:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed tests discussion  (Read 252 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2013, 02:25:30 PM »

We have had fiber now for a year and I'm very impressed with the consistency and (of course) the overall speed.  We're paying for 50/50 and typically get what you see in the picture or better.  I have a client that works for the company and he has told me off the record that they are about to double everyone's speed again without a rate increase ( last year they doubled us from 25 to 50.

So, my question is at what point do I need a new router?  I have a basic linksys N and am curious if it will become a bottleneck?

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »

Bottle neck in what way? If you have a gigabit switch then the max you can network everything is up to a gigabit. Wireless N in a perfect situation would probably get you up to 300-500 Mbs. But it's never going to be a perfect situation. You have everyone elses networks creating noise, walls block the signal and generally every little thing sucks out bandwidth from wireless routers I would say you are lucky getting 100 to the places you want. I have my wireless router in my office which is probably 20-30 feet away from my Roku box in my master bedroom anything HD and I get constant buffering.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:15:48 AM »

My router is in the middle of the house and I haven't experienced any buffering our Roku or ATV.  So it sounds like our current router will work when our speed doubles to 100/100.

Thanks for the info

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: