http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 12:43:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking of Gone Gold  (Read 3559 times)
VynlSol
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2005, 03:46:32 PM »

Check out http://www.gonegold.com

DarkEl's post prompted me to look, and I was quite suprised at what I found there...
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 04:03:11 PM »

I never harbored any sort of animosity for Rich.  I have been doing stuff 'online' with computers, since the days of the 1200 BPS modems.  Its just the way things go.

I was disappointed to see GG go. and then CG as well.  While I enjoy posting over at OO, I never have felt any sort of connection there.  Its nice, IMO, to finally see something from Rich.  Even if it is this late in the game.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 04:12:59 PM »

Odd. Seems strange that he's reaching out to the community now.

I don't think I fit into any of the three groups he mentioned.I more along the line of "that's passed and let's move on" train of thought.

Ye Olde Farte
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 04:41:12 PM »

Personally I wish him all the best. GG gave me a lot of pleasure, and I read Roll Call a long time before joining the forums. He let us into his life in a time when not many did (nowadays I'm one of the few people who hasn't got his own blogg)
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »

I'm in the "just shut the fuck up and go away" camp.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 05:08:09 PM »

Out of the whole thing, I think this is the part I like the best:

"What is done, is done..."

Cause that about sums it up for me at this point.  

It is done.  He gave us (hopefully) the last chapter of a long book.  Some are happy with the ending, some are not.  Either way, as far as I'm concerned, three new books have started, and the GoneGold book is done.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 05:29:46 PM »

I suppose I'm in the "hmmh" community. It is what it is, and that's that. I'm not really sure what he's driving after, here. Acceptance? Resolution? Understanding? It's been too long of a time for any of that. And things've moved on already.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 05:31:02 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"
Odd. Seems strange that he's reaching out to the community now.

I don't think I fit into any of the three groups he mentioned.I more along the line of "that's passed and let's move on" train of thought.

Right there with you.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 05:44:38 PM »

Ok, who buried GoneGold in the Pet Semetary?

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 05:47:37 PM »

Quote from: "th'FOOL"
Ok, who buried GoneGold in the Pet Semetary?

/raises hand

Totally my bad.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 07:09:14 PM »

Quote from: "Blackadar"

Ditto.

This would have never come out unless he dumped on CG like he did.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 07:41:01 PM »

I'm in the 'Sometimes They Come Back' Stephen King short story camp(slightly different perspective than Pet Semetary).
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 07:52:02 PM »

damn my "save" button. Ah well, gets me closer to 1000 posts. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 07:55:13 PM »

I'm in the "Oh-dear-god-let-this-not-be-the-new-'Deliverance'-revival" camp.

GG is gone, and it's last trace, ConsoleGold, has become the new beast that Ron envisioned almost 3 years ago (since GG's PC side was already lapsed; its forums kept that site alive, the idea was that CG would eventually pick up the PC slack). GG had its own pulse, it really didn't address gaming in it's last 18 functional months.

I'm sure it wasn't meant to be this way, but sometimes the change is forced into a revolution, and sometimes we feed it time so that it may evolve naturally.

I, for one, am glad that Ron had the reigns on consolegold, and I'll be a GT'er for a LONG LONG time.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 08:34:23 PM »

I have to say I am now in this camp.  It sucked when gg went away but then a year later to have a pissing contest with Ron over consolegold.com.  All that came from this pissing contest was disruption in my routine of checking my favorite sites.

I wish no ill will toward him but as the quote says...
unbreakable
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 08:57:05 PM »

Meh, the guy was sick.  I'm willing to cut him some slack.

Could the whole thing have been handled better?  Sure, but oh well.  To my knowledge, the whole matter has caused no deaths.

Although yeah, the Consolegold thing was really fucking shitty.  THAT was handled pretty fucked up.  Good thing GT has people know how to plan ahead.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 09:01:19 PM »

Quote from: "Bulletpig"

I have to say I am now in this camp.  It sucked when gg went away but then a year later to have a pissing contest with Ron over consolegold.com.  All that came from this pissing contest was disruption in my routine of checking my favorite sites.

Not only am I in this camp, I actual have nothing but contempt for what he is trying to do on GG's old website now. It is a blatant appeal for pity, empathy, some strange, sad last grasp for attention and for everything to just think he's still just a misunderstood nice guy. Guess what Rich? Ain't working. We have nice people. They are here. They never once screwed with us. Go away now, and try not to fracture any more communities.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 09:17:23 PM »

i just wish this would die.  everytime i get over it some crap like this pops up.  i'm in the camp of "why"?  give it a freakin rest why don't ya.  everyone who had some community involvement with this read all we needed to read a few weeks back when cg got zapped.  freakin' stop it!

depward

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 09:19:25 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

Not only am I in this camp, I actual have nothing but contempt for what he is trying to do on GG's old website now. It is a blatant appeal for pity, empathy, some strange, sad last grasp for attention and for everything to just think he's still just a misunderstood nice guy. Guess what Rich? Ain't working. We have nice people. They are here. They never once screwed with us. Go away now, and try not to fracture any more communities.

Same.  I mean, after reading that I might sympathize with him more or whatnot, but hey, that's about a year late.  Couldn't he have Mary Jo or whomever get on and post somewhere about it?

It was great while it lasted, then nothing, then he screwed CG over, so eh, whatever really.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 09:24:54 PM »

It does seem like an attempt to save face.

I just don't care at this point - I hold no ill will towards Rich, but I don't understand those who still place him on a pedestal after all this.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 09:57:54 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"

Could the whole thing have been handled better?  Sure, but oh well.  To my knowledge, the whole matter has caused no deaths.

Although yeah, the Consolegold thing was really fucking shitty.  THAT was handled pretty fucked up.  Good thing GT has people know how to plan ahead.

Pretty much sums my feelings up also.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 10:04:47 PM »

LOL, hilarious.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 10:52:58 PM »

As my mother always said - "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

So trust me - I have nothing nice to say right now. I'll also follow the above statement and keep quiet.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Marcin
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 10:55:21 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

Your post is beyond hilarity and into some bizarro land of the blithely and maliciously oblivious. It made me smile today, thanks.
unbreakable
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 11:24:32 PM »

I fail to see the point of that screenshot.

And pictures which mess up the margins suck.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 11:26:35 PM »

I don't know what you're trying to get at Marcin.  But your logic for whatever the heck you're trying to say is obviously flawed.  And that post was, really, uncalled for and not very convincing in whatever you were trying to get across.

Are you trying to equate Rich's "last roll call" website writing at GG with Calvin's post count?  If so, I don't know why you would want to be bringing that up nor how it would make any sense to compare the two.  On one hand, you had a previous owner of a gaming website that had a large gaming community that all of a sudden just disappeared.  On the other, you're pointing out how a community member of a forum has posted a lot?  What are you getting at?

I also don't get why you bolded what you did.  Why did you?  I don't understand . . .

Why don't you try to think a little before posting what you did.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 11:57:42 PM »

Welcome to Internet Drama 101 with Professor LaPorte.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 12:21:27 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
I also don't get why you bolded what you did.  Why did you?  I don't understand . . .

Don't try to argue with this new form of debate.  It's unarguable!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 12:28:01 AM »

Haha!   :lol:  It's undebatable - I have no rebuttle!

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 12:40:04 AM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"

LOL! :lol:

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 12:44:32 AM »

Marcin, if this is the same person that I think it is, was apart of the ZenGamer (Rage/Calvin/Cenk's) website.

http://zengamer.com/team.php?PHPSESSID=449cca390c59a1a4d2477d30b121fb8b

There is still some bad blood between them, I believe, over what went down over there and the demise of that site....

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Marcin
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 12:48:13 AM »

Sorry, fixed that.

But your logic for whatever the heck you're trying to say is obviously flawed.

Logic? I thought this was the shit-slinging thread. My bad. But if you want some logic ....

you had a previous owner of a gaming website that had a large gaming community that all of a sudden just disappeared

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Er, if you rewrite it to be 2 communities rather than just one.

It really isn't worth dragging in here though, and I do apologize. It was a bit of a heat of the moment thing.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 12:52:51 AM »

Quote from: "Marcin"

Sorry, fixed that.

But your logic for whatever the heck you're trying to say is obviously flawed.

Logic? I thought this was the shit-slinging thread. My bad. But if you want some logic ....

you had a previous owner of a gaming website that had a large gaming community that all of a sudden just disappeared

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Er, if you rewrite it to be 2 communities rather than just one.

It really isn't worth dragging in here though, and I do apologize. It was a bit of a heat of the moment thing.

I am not going to argue with you, about this, here, but please do not come in here and post one side of an argument on someone elses thread in someone elses house specifically to libel me, or if you believe what you say to be true, then just to fuck with me. I sent you a polite private message asking you to bring your greivances to me in private if you so desire. Please do not disrespect the other users of this site and the people that run it by bringing our business (that I thought finished 2 years ago), in here as well.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2005, 12:56:12 AM »

Haha!   :lol:  It's undebatable - I have no rebuttle!

heh - reminds me of some conversations i used to have with my last boss. We used to try and come up with the ultimate argument ending statement (i.e. one which defuses any rebuttal)

Our top two picks were

"Look ..I'm just saying"

and

"Yeah... But still."

Try em out next time you're trying to debate a point with a co-worker. You might have to repeat them a few times before it sinks in that there's no counter-measure against these two.

Good times.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2005, 01:06:17 AM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"
"Yeah... But still."

Classic!

TheMissingLink on PSN
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 01:07:30 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

Marcin, if this is the same person that I think it is, was apart of the ZenGamer (Rage/Calvin/Cenk's) website.

http://zengamer.com/team.php?PHPSESSID=449cca390c59a1a4d2477d30b121fb8b

There is still some bad blood between them, I believe, over what went down over there and the demise of that site....

And from that link, I know why you post with the name "Hetz"!  You learn something every day!!

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 01:23:58 AM »

Whoa!  It's the HETZLEEER!  The HETZ-A-ROONEY!

Didn't know that either.  Mrs. Rennie, my 2nd grade teacher, told me that indeed everyone learned something new everyday.  I do learn something everyday!  THANKS MRS. RENNIE!

(side note - I exposed myself in that classroom once.  Long story.  But many people learned something that day.  About me.  About Zeus (the name of it).)

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 01:57:38 AM »

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005, 02:33:55 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

OMG, it's teh gellar!

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2005, 04:41:36 PM »

Thats where I stand. Sad for him, he gave us a great site, and brought us togehter... could have been handled better... and Im glad we have closure. Lets get back to gaming and nudity.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: