http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 11:31:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spartacus: Vengeance (TV Series)  (Read 5380 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 04:16:03 AM »

Best...death scene...ever

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 06:21:03 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 10, 2012, 04:16:03 AM

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 10, 2012, 04:16:03 AM

That was ridiculous.  icon_lol
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »

That they went the extra mile and had the brain lobes slowly drop off was the kicker.  I must have laughed for a full minute...

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 02:43:22 AM »

Face chop!

Spoiler for Hiden:
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »

I feel like the Spartacus camp stuff gets worse every week and the Roman back-stabbing gets better.
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2012, 04:41:08 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 11, 2012, 04:25:16 PM

I feel like the Spartacus camp stuff gets worse every week and the Roman back-stabbing gets better.

Yeah... something is missing... i think the actor is fine.  The writing/situations seems weaker for the spartacus camp though.

Also an annoyance for me... for several episodes they would kill endless romans AND LEAVE ALL THE WEAPONS AND ARMOR (yes - they stars of the show are gladiators... but not all slaves are gladiators)

In the last couple of episodes, they are showing non-glads getting trained in archery and stuff (but it would still be nice to see them picking up shields for the non-glads at least)

I also enjoyed this last episode showing that the recent slaves right of the boat didn't appreciate what was given to them.  I am hoping the story they are trying to tell with the gladiators gets better from here.

ps - i am going to miss that blond
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »

Quote from: notrich on March 11, 2012, 04:41:08 PM

Also an annoyance for me... for several episodes they would kill endless romans AND LEAVE ALL THE WEAPONS AND ARMOR (yes - they stars of the show are gladiators... but not all slaves are gladiators)

I think in most situations this season, Spartacus et al. killed Romans mainly by necessity (i.e. when they were on the run). In those cases, they can't really stop to strip the soldiers of their armor.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:55 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 11, 2012, 04:25:16 PM

Yeah... something is missing... i think the actor is fine.  The writing/situations seems weaker for the spartacus camp though.

In the last couple of episodes, they are showing non-glads getting trained in archery and stuff (but it would still be nice to see them picking up shields for the non-glads at least)

I also enjoyed this last episode showing that the recent slaves right of the boat didn't appreciate what was given to them.  I am hoping the story they are trying to tell with the gladiators gets better from here.

ps - i am going to miss that blond

Are you sure his hair was blonde?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 10, 2012, 04:40:17 PM

That they went the extra mile and had the brain lobes slowly drop off was the kicker.  I must have laughed for a full minute...

Just watched this on my TiVo and I had to rewind this several times.  BEST.DEATH.SCENE.EVER!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »

I'm such a freakin' nerd that when the face went flyin', my first thought was, "Now, if that were a light saber or a mono-filament sword of some type, that would be possible, but no way with a ....".   tear

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »

Todd Lasance being cast as Julius Caeasar for season 3.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1220775p1.html

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »

Asher is as wicked as ever.  Call me dominus, lol..   

I would feel sorry for her, except for I know how evil she is too.

Remember when she was disgusted that her personal slave was going to go to him? 
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »

I expect the next 2 weeks to be real good!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »

Turning out to be one hell of a show. All the politics and back stabbing reminds me of my last job!

Can't believe we're already down to the finale..

I thought Glaber looked familiar then it hit me:

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 02:51:33 PM »

That last promo shot looks like it doubles as the cover for his album "Darken Rahl Brings You Songs of Love".

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »

Damn the Roman stuff is good!!!
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2012, 08:38:43 PM »

That death scene of the black headed Roman girl was ridiculous. The show just keeps trying to up the ante.  icon_lol icon_lol
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on March 11, 2012, 05:10:42 PM

I think in most situations this season, Spartacus et al. killed Romans mainly by necessity (i.e. when they were on the run). In those cases, they can't really stop to strip the soldiers of their armor.
yeah i understand what you are saying... but it is not like they couldn't pick up a sword or shield and hand it to the next unarmed slave they see... it is nice to see them picking up weapons occasionally now.

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 11, 2012, 09:06:55 PM

Are you sure his hair was blonde?
i am pretty sure the woman that got killed that episode was a girl... going to miss her

I am also going to miss the latest girl to get the axe... (the story twist was a tad ludicrous but will ensure that my favorite evil blond - who actually looks like a girl i know - will be around for another episode or two i guess)

I am beginning to think these writers hate hot chicks...

Quote from: leo8877 on March 24, 2012, 04:43:28 PM

Damn the Roman stuff is good!!!
yeah... the roman story is more fun to watch - whenever they switch to the spartacus story it seems like they spend 20 minutes playing grab-ass and have one or two lines that advance the story.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:31:27 PM by notrich » Logged
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 02:28:28 AM »

Oh man did you guys know the Glaber actor was in LOTR??  I just caught a bit of the Two Towers and was like holy shit!

http://www.ageofthering.com/atthemovies/cast/craigparker.php
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2012, 04:53:59 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 25, 2012, 02:28:28 AM

Oh man did you guys know the Glaber actor was in LOTR??  I just caught a bit of the Two Towers and was like holy shit!

http://www.ageofthering.com/atthemovies/cast/craigparker.php

icon_eek
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »

I didn't recognize him with his pants on.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 25, 2012, 04:56:11 PM

Indeed, that was a lingering shot.  Which reminds me, this season has been WOEFULLY short on Jupiter's Cock. 
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 25, 2012, 05:14:23 PM

Quote from: hepcat on March 25, 2012, 04:56:11 PM

Indeed, that was a lingering shot.  Which reminds me, this season has been WOEFULLY short on Jupiter's Cock. 

Good God man, you're right.  At first, I thought to myself, "That can' be right!"  But after some time to reflect, I do believe they HAVE been shorting us on Jupiter's Cock.  It's as if they're withholding Jupiter's Cock from us for some unknown reason.  We should start a letter writing campaign.  We'll call it "We need Jupiter's Cock!" 

notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 04:13:45 AM »

well this show is getting predictable... every shocking scene tonight was just a matter of thinking "what could be the most shocking thing they could do?"

lol
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »

Yowzers.  I saw some of that coming, but some of it I did not!!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2012, 08:01:58 PM »

I found it the opposite, almost unpredictable. I was expecting one character to be killed due to the history of spartacus (good read on wikipedia if you want to catch up) but of course, it seemed like everyone else died EXCEPT the character I was expecting!
Spoiler for Hiden:
Crixus

So much back stabbing in Spartacus, the one person who was probably more loyal to Glaber than any other got played.

Show ended very well, now we have to wait forever for season 3.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2012, 01:31:10 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 31, 2012, 08:01:58 PM

I found it the opposite, almost unpredictable. I was expecting one character to be killed due to the history of spartacus (good read on wikipedia if you want to catch up) but of course, it seemed like everyone else died EXCEPT the character I was expecting!
Spoiler for Hiden:
Crixus

So much back stabbing in Spartacus, the one person who was probably more loyal to Glaber than any other got played.

Show ended very well, now we have to wait forever for season 3.

That's an odd expectation since that character doesn't die in that fight according to Wikipedia. Spoiler about the future of that character:
Spoiler for Hiden:
he doesn't die until they've formed a real army
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2012, 01:37:00 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 16, 2012, 09:16:47 PM

Todd Lasance being cast as Julius Caeasar for season 3.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1220775p1.html

Odd. What did Caesar have to do with Spartacus? As far as I know, his political career hadn't even started during Spartacus' time.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

Caught it last night on the DVR as I was out of town all weekend.  I hadn't been checking the episode guide on tv.com so I wasn't aware it was the season finale.  When major characters started dropping like flies though, I quickly realized that this must be it for this season. 

Overall I enjoyed it.  A lot happened.  I'll miss some of the character's who had to die and I sincerely hope the political intrigue doesn't suffer from their absence.  But I'm sure they can find other characters to fill those holes.  It's not like that period and place had any shortage of them.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2012, 04:57:47 AM »

Is there any indication about how many seasons are planned? They way they are going, I would guess two more should suffice. If so, I think the next season will be about building a real army while Rome still doesn't take them seriously and then the last season will be about Rome bringing down the hammer.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2012, 02:53:19 AM »

I read in a recent interview that showrunner Steven DeKnight and Starz have pretty much agreed how many more seasons are in the tank, but they aren't revealing what that number is.  Given that they're jumping straight to Crassus next season I would guess 2-3 more.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »

Looks like next season is the last one.

After stabbing, slashing and pummeling countless enemies, Spartacus will slay his final Roman next year.

Starz is set to announce that the next season of its historical drama Spartacus will mark the show’s final outing.

icon_frown

At least next season promises to be pretty busy.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55:30 PM »

I saw this yesterday and was a bit bemused.  I can understand going out on top, but the way the story was structured it seemed that they had at least one more season (after the next) to go before the final events of Spartacus' life.  I wonder if it was really a monetary decision and not a creative one?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:06:59 PM by hepcat » Logged

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »

It's because Andy was so much better.  People lost interest.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »

That's actually not true.

"Spartacus" was the network's first original scripted drama developed in-house, and brought in big ratings -- THR notes that its most recent season averaged more than 6 million viewers each week, and the series airs in 150 countries around the world. "Spartacus" even did better in its second season, despite the loss of original lead actor Andy Whitfield to cancer. He was replaced by Liam McIntyre.

While everyone misses Andy and he did an excellent job, people were still watching the show in huge numbers after he left.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 06, 2012, 08:20:37 PM

That's actually not true.

"Spartacus" was the network's first original scripted drama developed in-house, and brought in big ratings -- THR notes that its most recent season averaged more than 6 million viewers each week, and the series airs in 150 countries around the world. "Spartacus" even did better in its second season, despite the loss of original lead actor Andy Whitfield to cancer. He was replaced by Liam McIntyre.

While everyone misses Andy and he did an excellent job, people were still watching the show in huge numbers after he left.

Hmm interesting. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2012, 09:42:38 AM »

Just finished watching them all and that finale of season 2 was brilliant

gutted about Asher and Lucy Lawless though,i thought they were both great characters,then again i loved John Hannah in season 1(and the prequel season),and surprised that i have not missed him more this last season

As for the new Spartacus,i was so-so at first...but he got better and better,of course i would rather have the original actor but that's not possible so i think the producers(whoever)have done a good job finding the replacement

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 06, 2012, 08:14:34 PM

It's because Andy was so much better.  People lost interest.
I'd say he was different -- to me it might've been more fair for the new actor to play Andy's character's brother or cousin, something like that. Maybe that would be cheesy, it just felt a little unfair to make him play the exact same character that another actor (Andy) had portrayed so memorably.

I'm sure Andy would've -- if he wanted to -- stuck with the series but perhaps Hollywood would've come calling. It's a shame we didn't get to see that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:20:12 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2012, 12:33:17 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 07, 2012, 12:14:53 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on June 06, 2012, 08:14:34 PM

It's because Andy was so much better.  People lost interest.
I'd say he was different -- to me it might've been more fair for the new actor to play Andy's character's brother or cousin, something like that. Maybe that would be cheesy, it just felt a little unfair to make him play the exact same character that another actor (Andy) had portrayed so memorably.

Except that the show is trying to base the series (loosely but still somewhat surprisingly accurate in the overall picture) on the actual slave revolt lead by Spartacus against the Romans. Suddenly having Spartacus' brother lead the revolt would neither make sense nor be historically correct.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: