http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:49:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spartacus: Vengeance (TV Series)  (Read 5045 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2011, 02:42:00 AM »

Fairly new trailer up for the next season of Spartacus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GObQ_VCGu6w#!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 02:36:44 AM »

Reminder this starts up again in 10 days!
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:46:39 AM »

I've never seen any of this series, it looks very good if not a bit heavy on the blood and gore. One of the scenes in the trailer looked to be depicting a bloodied young girl being shackled though, and honeslty such scenes would kill my desire to watch it. Not that I'm not aware that such brutality was common in the empire in Spartacus' time, but I don't necessarily want to watch it on my screen. Maybe I saw that scene wrong, but are such things common in this series?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:48:42 AM by kronovan » Logged
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:58:49 AM »

Pretty much yes.  Blood Sex and Violence in no particular order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Gc9s7D0vs

I've watched the entire first season 3 times now.  I love it.  Couldn't get into the prequel.  Not sure about the new season but willing to give it a try.  Any Whitfield (RIP) made the show though I wish the new guy good luck.

morlac00 on PSN
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »

Will be bummed to miss out on this until it comes out on DVD due to the whole Stars / Netflix negotiation drama. frown
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »

Man, I will definitely miss Andy in the show.   icon_cry

Still, I'll watch.  I actually enjoyed the follow up miniseries even if it wasn't as good as the first season.  I just hope they keep up with equal measures of political intrigue and violence/sex.  While the latter is great for a quick thrill, the former keeps the show interesting.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:50:43 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 19, 2012, 08:52:00 PM

Man, I will definitely miss Andy in the show.   icon_cry

Still, I'll watch.  I actually enjoyed the follow up miniseries even if it wasn't as good as the first season.  I just hope they keep up with equal measures of political intrigue and violence/sex.  While the latter is great for a quick thrill, the former keeps the show interesting.

I think Ill give the miniseries another shot before the new one starts.  Batiatus came off as so much more incredibly annoying in it I struggled to finish the first episode.

morlac00 on PSN
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »

I liked Batiatus in the miniseries.  He was a petulant child at the start of the run because that's what he was.  As the show went on, he grew into the man the he would become in the first season.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 03:55:39 AM »

Aaah!  Andy's dead?  I knew he had gotten sick but I guess I lost track. Such a shame.  Also, didn't even know there was another installment of the show. Roll Eyes

Can't wait to get into it. Hope the new guy is good.  Anyone seen him in anything?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 02:45:07 PM »

Quote from: spigot on January 20, 2012, 02:37:24 PM

Haven't seen the trailer yet but if Crixus is still in it l may give it a chance.

Well, if you've read anything about the real events behind this series, you'll know that Crixus is definitely going to be in this season.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »

Another trailer 'The Women of Spartacus':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOEEVqOzmSo

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 04:50:48 PM »

Can you still stream this (and Starz) through Netflix?  It's just the next day or something?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on January 20, 2012, 04:50:48 PM

Can you still stream this (and Starz) through Netflix?  It's just the next day or something?

I don't think so.  Any streaming deals between Netflix and Starz officially ends in February.  Starz is planning a streaming service themselves along the lines of HBO to Go.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »

If it's anything like HBO to Go then you'll need a regular subscription to HBO. (Which means you'll need Cable or Satallite.) I dropped DirecTV about 2 years ago and now just use a combination of Netflix, Jetflicks, and Hulu.
Saw no reason spending $100+ on a directv bill for only 2 or 3 shows I like.

If Starz doesn't want their stuff on Netflix, then they should offer online subscriptions of their own when many people are leaving cable behind. Closing the doors on so many people seems like it's only going to encourage people to download it for free, since they have no way to pay for it.

At least Jetflicks will still carry Spartacus, even if it is only for mobile devices. (Though if you have an HDMI port on your phone you can always stream to your TV.)

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 01:28:42 AM »

Not much in the way of Jupiter's cock though they certainly tried to maintain the gratuitous sex and violence of the first season.

Nice Shakespeare paraphrase to end the episode:
Spoiler for Hiden:
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »

I was not enamored for the first half but it got better as it went along and ended on a high note.

morlac00 on PSN
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 12:45:11 PM »

It's on already? Nice.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »

If anyone figures out a way for someone without cable to watch this let me know...   
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »

Going to wait until the whole season is finished so i can watch every episode in a day

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on January 30, 2012, 02:24:58 PM

If anyone figures out a way for someone without cable to watch this let me know...   

Go over to ceekay's place?

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 08:28:22 PM »

There are ways to watch anything without cable. If you want to go down this rabbit hole, PM me.  ninja
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on January 30, 2012, 08:28:22 PM

There are ways to watch anything without cable. If you want to go down this rabbit hole, PM me.  ninja

Be very careful, this could end up being a euphemism you weren't expecting.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 30, 2012, 08:33:22 PM

Be very careful, this could end up being a euphemism you weren't expecting.

Jupiter's Cock he's right!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 30, 2012, 03:29:44 PM

Go over to ceekay's place?

Where would you go then? (Or is there room for three on the love couch?)

Jetflicks is currently carrying it, although Jetflicks only works for mobile devices. I used my G2X to stream it and then hooked the HDMI cable up to the HDTV.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »

First episode was ok.  Nice to see everyone back I guess.  I sure do miss Andy though.  The new guy just isn't him.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »

While good, I still couldn't shake a feeling of sadness about Andy.  It still astounds me that I initially couldn't stand the guy as Spartacus, but he was so dang good that I eventually realized he was perfect for the role. 

I have a question on Spartie's main squeeze.  Is that supposed to be the really hot slave girl he took up with towards the end of Andy's run on the series?  if so, she looks quite different.  Did they switch actresses?

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »

Same lady, but she apparently lost her freckles.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »

It's not the same without Badiatus (Jupiter's cock give it a rest if I spelled his name wrong!) while not bad for the first episode.. I just didn't get hooked like I did with the first season and the prequel.
Was decent enough to see Xena back from the dead. Hopefully she kills the blonde woman who left her and Badiatus to die.
The prequel was good enough that I watched the whole thing on Jetflicks on my phone and enjoyed it immensly.
I'm actually more looking forward to The Vampire Diaries this week than I am spartacus!

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 02:58:43 PM »

Ok, I am caught up on the series now.   ninja2

I am not sure if it is because of Andy's replacement. (hard to think of him as a bad ass when all he has done is killed a few guards, while the "old spartacs was killing 6 on 1, theocales, etc.

Maybe it is because they cannot really do gladiator battles now.

It is still OK, but the new season (so far) is not in the same league as blood and sand/ Gods of the arena.
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 04:44:21 PM »

I know my oldest daughter has figured it out. Of course her first computer was eventually a virused mess.   nod
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »

Getting better.

Asher is still Asher. Say what you will about him, if there's one thing his character has it's consistency, especially loyalty.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on February 12, 2012, 08:35:25 AM

Getting better.

Asher is still Asher. Say what you will about him, if there's one thing his character has it's consistency, especially loyalty.

Still really missing Andy.  The new Naivia isn't looking so good either.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

She just got pulled out of the mines, give her an episode or two to get cleaned up and I'm sure she'll still be looking good!

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »

Where have all the Spartacus fans gone?

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 03, 2012, 04:00:18 PM

Where have all the Spartacus fans gone?

I've been on vacation, I need to watch the episodes I missed!
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »

Just caught the latest episode last night.   icon_biggrin
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:33 PM »

Gannicus' appearance just seemed forced and I'm glad to see him go.  It came across as a meaningless way to tie the last series to this one.  It also took time away from the real fun of the season for me, which is watching the new Batiatus of the show, Glaber, and his rise in power.  I'm also really liking the Ashur sub plot, which goes hand in hand with Glaber's story.  I'm a sucker for political intrigue and dirty politics in my shows.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »

All the political stuff and back stabbing is getting awesome, but the Spartacus stuff seems dull and boring. 
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »

Yeah, they need to step up their game with Spartacus' crew.  Instead of Spartacus and his band of bad ass gladiators, we're getting Spartacus on Herschel's farm...

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »

Sure we'll see Gannicus again.

Season 1 was all about the gladiator combat, season 2 is Spartacus out of the arena and slowly building up a rebellion against the Romans. If they go too fast (and stick to historical accuracy) it'll be over in no time and there won't be a season 3 or beyond.

Occasional slave attacks (such as their recent attacks on the mines and arena) and a lot more roman politics and action can give this show a lot of life yet.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: