http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 02:46:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Park - the WoW Episode  (Read 2673 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2006, 10:07:23 PM »

So I finally watched the World of WarCraft South Park episode and holy God was that funny. Makes me sooooo glad I'm not playing it either because of all the things they got right. I love how the ganker is basically wearing a helmet and wields a knife but can one-shot anyone. Crap like that is exactly why I have no intention of playing any MMORPG again. But that training montage had me rolling on the floor laughing as did the "uh, how do you hand something to someone?" pause. Brilliant stuff.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 03:09:17 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on October 12, 2006, 10:07:23 PM

Makes me sooooo glad I'm not playing it either because of all the things they got right. I love how the ganker is basically wearing a helmet and wields a knife but can one-shot anyone. Crap like that is exactly why I have no intention of playing any MMORPG again

Yeah, it is so true. So many WoW players are just like that. It's almost like its not a satire at all. Glad to see the creators of South Park have finally changed their ways.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 04:27:19 AM »

It was pretty funny even to me, a non-WoW playing non-SP loving person.

This clip from The Office, involving Call of Duty was pretty cool too:

click
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »

I like how Eric started looking like Jabba the hut after playing it so long non-stop  icon_biggrin

For anyone who missed it:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TclkIx70Ifk

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EuGwo3Elf4

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzl6j8O0q0

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 02:56:40 PM »

Quote from: gameoverman on October 13, 2006, 04:27:19 AM

This clip from The Office, involving Call of Duty was pretty cool too:

click

ROFLMAO!!!! "WHAT?!?! THE SNIPER RIFLE?!! YOU DON'T SNIPE IN CARENTAN!!!!"

I'm dying laughing at that, but the other thing that got me was the hot chick sitting behind Jim when she asks "any last words?"

Jim: "Huh?"

Hot Chick: /pulls trigger in COD and shoots Jim in the face

Awesome.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 04:11:12 PM »

I thought it was pretty good.  This scene made me laugh out loud for long while though:

Butters:  Hey Guys!  Boy, this is neato, huh! 

Eric:  Butters... what the hell are you doing?

Butters:  I got World of Warcraft like you said.

Eric:  You can't be the dwarf character Butters, I'm the dwarf.

Butters: Well, there's only like four races to choose from.

Eric:  So pick another one!  I'm the dwarf you stupid asshole!  Log out, create a new character and log back in!

Butters: I like Hello Kitty-Island Adventure more than this dumb game...

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 04:05:05 AM »

So it looks like The Sword of a Thousand Truths from that episode is an actual item in the Burning Crusades expansion.  icon_biggrin

Sandwiches do fix everything.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 12:23:26 AM »

That doesnt look right.  You dont have "ratings", it should say something like increase critical hit by 14%; never seen an item list a rating.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 03:14:02 AM »

Quote from: drifter on October 15, 2006, 12:23:26 AM

That doesnt look right.  You dont have "ratings", it should say something like increase critical hit by 14%; never seen an item list a rating.

That is the part of the new itemization system that will be introduced when BC arrives. Basically whole % points in increase crit chance cost too much itemzation points for them to keep loading it on items, so this is their way of giving you small increases to crit instead of large chunks. This, combined with another new rating, resilence, are going to put a serious nerf on chances to crit. Plus, you need more and more crit rating to achieve the same amount of crit chance your items currently have. Like blackhands breath, which currently add 2% chance to crit will still give that (supposedly) at 60th, but, as you level up, the bonus decreases, so at 70th it will give you something like 1.5% chance to crit. Based on some of the reports coming in from the beta folks, melee classes are getting hit pretty hard by this, especially if they have talents that rely on dealing crits.
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 03:38:46 AM »

I've been playing more WoW over the past week than I have over the last several months.

Thanks, South Park.
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 06:31:07 AM »

See this episodes awesome. It's for all the people out there that have tried WoW. Not the die-hards. See I sit back and laugh my ass off. Well maybe my friend who plays WoW all the time would sit back and cry.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 02:28:48 PM »

I showed it to My Fair Lady Friday night and she laughed her head off. She also commented about how happy she is that I don't play WoW either. So there's two people in Casa de Skim that are happy I don't play the online sensation. icon_biggrin Man, the ending just kills me. "You're about to get pwned."

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim
So I finally watched the World of WarCraft South Park episode and holy God was that funny. Makes me sooooo glad I'm not playing it either because of all the things they got right. I love how the ganker is basically wearing a helmet and wields a knife but can one-shot anyone. Crap like that is exactly why I have no intention of playing any MMORPG again.

That's exactly like how I watched Pride of the Yankees and swore off ever playing baseball.  I don't care how good a game its supposed to be -- it still isn't worth contracting Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.

-Autistic Angel
monkyskunk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 04:03:10 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on October 12, 2006, 10:07:23 PM

. I love how the ganker is basically wearing a helmet and wields a knife but can one-shot anyone. Crap like that is exactly why I have no intention of playing any MMORPG again. 

Come on now, that scene made for great tv, but it doesn't exactly go down like that in WOW, especially on a PVE server, unless you bring it on yourself. Yeah, on PVP server you can run into some serious ganking problems, but only then in the contested areas.  So if player vs. player combat is not your thing then just play on a player vs enviroment server and you can pretty much play until your hearts content without ever having to worry about being killed by a member of the opposing faction.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 04:09:35 AM »

Maybe but that sure is how I remember it in SWG. icon_wink

monkyskunk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 04:21:05 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on October 16, 2006, 04:09:35 AM

Maybe but that sure is how I remember it in SWG. icon_wink

Then it's good thing I never played SWG  icon_biggrin Thankfully WOW is not like that because, quite frankly,  I suck at PVP combat, so I mainly played on the PVE servers.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 11:12:33 AM »

It's like my first and last Ultima Online experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: