http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 06:28:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorpranos-3/19/06 Spoilerific  (Read 833 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2006, 06:15:46 PM »

With all the Oblivion talk this ALMOST fell by the the wayside.

Anyway, I don't know how I felt about this episode. It looks like with Tony down the Capoes/Captains are going to be fighting/squabbling for power.   So far Silvio is holding the line but several of them seem to be hungering for a bigger piece of the pie.

All in all a okay episode, but they are certainly building this season to be the last.

One final piece Tony Jr.  starting to show some promise. He might be a pleasant surprise for this season

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:19:05 PM »

The first 20 minutes I was thinking they already fell into the weird/surreal episodes from seasons past.  Like the gym teacher one...  Thanfully it picked up and had some good insights into the characters.  The teaser for next week looks like a good one.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 06:42:46 PM »

At first I thought it was "Super-noes" and was related in some way to "Ohnoes!"

Sure you don't mean "Sopranos"?   :wink:
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 07:53:58 PM »

Pretty good episode I thought.  I know nothing really happened, but I'm one of those who likes all of the various family interactions (be they the family or "The Family").  Parts were powerful in my mind anyhow, even if we can be pretty sure that Tony will make it through (I can't imagine he'll be laying in a coma for the next 10 weeks of this season).

For a while I felt like I was watching "Lost" and all the convention stuff was a flashback.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 12:15:17 AM »

Couldn't have sucked any worse. One of the worst show's I've ever seen. Not just the Soprano's but show. Period.

What a waste of talent.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 01:04:06 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Couldn't have sucked any worse. One of the worst show's I've ever seen. Not just the Soprano's but show. Period.

What a waste of talent.

lol.

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 09:17:26 AM »

I'm getting a bit tired of the strange sidetracks they take sometimes, AJ entering his sister room to talk to her about the Toyota Prius?  and then cursing out the TV cameras?  didn't make much sense in relation to the main story line.  Also him failing in school which I guess will lead some where later on in the series but agian seems out of place in the "Tony has been shot" eposide.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 02:44:59 PM »

Quote from: "Zinfan"
I'm getting a bit tired of the strange sidetracks they take sometimes, AJ entering his sister room to talk to her about the Toyota Prius?  and then cursing out the TV cameras?  didn't make much sense in relation to the main story line.  Also him failing in school which I guess will lead some where later on in the series but agian seems out of place in the "Tony has been shot" eposide.

I think it is just showing AJs struggle to deal with what is going on.  As for failing out, like father like son I suppose.

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 03:01:01 PM »

Well I thought the Prius conversation was another casual product placement like Carm's new car in episode one, and the Sony CD player...

They are getting rather shameless in those this year.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 03:32:47 PM »

I have now started watching it for Product placment.. its HORRIBLE. I dont remember anything beyond the Prius and The Sony player... its so clearly product placement its HORRIBLE.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 03:38:57 PM »

It's turning into the Oxygen network's movie of the week.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »

I have given this alot of thought.

And no.

I did not like the episode this week.

While I applaud trying different things, I dont want twin peaks in my Sopranos. This was just way to wacky. Found myself looking for product placement more than anything.

I tried to like it, but I did not.

And for the record when I feel an artist/director/writer tries to hard to make something different, just for the SAKE of being different... it STINKS. A perfect example of that is Magnolia.. PT Anderson tries too hard to be abstract and it shows... Magnolia may be among the worst movies I have ever sat through. V for Vendetta is refreshing, and that is an example of a different movie that was'nt different for the sake of it.

In other words, think of the rebelling teenager who wants to stand out and paints his hair blue.. now, he doesnt look good like that.. now does he? but he is trying to seperate himself... not because it is fashionable.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »

Quote from: "HankRaptor"
I have now started watching it for Product placment.. its HORRIBLE. I dont remember anything beyond the Prius and The Sony player... its so clearly product placement its HORRIBLE.

I have to agree especially the Prius. The entire scene was set up for the PP. Man, it was ugly. Like AJ is a socially conscience individulal. Give me a frickin break. I do not think I recall a worse product placement every in a show. What a sell-out for a show that I did not think needed it. Next week I expect a two-minute commercial prior to the show with the entire cast dancing around a car ala American Idol.

Atleast the CD player was more subtle but even it seemed almost jackhammered into the script.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 03:35:42 PM »

Maybe this product placement should be setup for a drinking game?

Regards,
Pig
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: