http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 05:57:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sooo....Am I the Only One Here Watching the Olympics?  (Read 441 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »

I've been enjoying the game so far, but I knew my fellow Canadian country women and men weren't likely to repeat our showing in 2010 and that's looking to be the case. That said, when our Canadian Women's hockey team beat the USA for gold and today when are Men's team knocked the USA out of the gold round, my enthusiasm amplified 10 fold. Now the Men get to take on the Swedes for the gold and I'm begging that some player(s) lay some uber hits on the Sedines.  icon_twisted

OH and Tilt if you aren't watching you should be, cause your fellow Norwegian country men and women are posed to post their best Olympics ever. Talk about a bunch of overachievers - very impressive!    icon_biggrin
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 08:04:21 PM »

No, we're just too busy discussing it on OO slywink

With that said, it's been really great. Canada's doing really well, in second place overall.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:05:19 PM »

Oh, well that's a website I don't frequent. How's the discussion going there?
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »

Rather enthusiastically. Conversation going on almost as quick as the play-by-play...  icon_lol
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:21:32 PM »

Nope I'm following it every day
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 11:04:49 PM »

Love curling, the only event I have been following, especially women's. Disappointed in the US teams results, they seemed to have cracked under the pressure. I have a huge crush on Debbie McCormick.

Watched the men's hockey vs Canada today. Good game. I recently got in touch with my Canadian cousins and was hoping to be able to talk crap, so much for that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:40:44 PM by Lee » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 07:20:43 AM »

I watched a bit of the Curling or 'whoever goes second wins'  icon_wink,we didn't do too bad(Silver for Mens and Bronze for Women i think)

Also saw a bit of freestyle skiing(no idea what its actually called) and a guy fell on the side of the track when trying to do a somersault which looked very painful

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 02:42:40 PM »

Was really excited to see the Canadian 2-women bob-sled team take another Gold. That's two in a row for that team. Impressive.
Its almost time for handicapping in Women's Hockey. Canada and the US teams are so far ahead of the others its like amateurs against pro's.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 03:39:32 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on February 22, 2014, 02:42:40 PM

Was really excited to see the Canadian 2-women bob-sled team take another Gold. That's two in a row for that team. Impressive.
Its almost time for handicapping in Women's Hockey. Canada and the US teams are so far ahead of the others its like amateurs against pro's.

Yeah, except the competition has increased slightly this olympics - not as much as it needs to, bat a bit none the less. As well, ex Team Canada captain Hayley Wickenheiser now being on the IOC  should help.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »

This is the first time in my life that I have not payed any attention to the Olympics.  I usually really enjoy them, but real life has thrown up too many distractions over the last couple weeks and I just haven't been able to generate any interest at all.  frown

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »

LOL USA Hockey.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 07:52:00 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 22, 2014, 06:24:07 PM

LOL USA Hockey.

Didn't watch because soccer was on, but wow, didn't see that coming.

I would have watched a lot more of the Olympics if the coverage wasn't so bad. Tons of commercials, feel good stories, or showing announcers sitting behind a desk reading Twitter messages. Sometimes they would cut the first 4 throws from the curling match I was watching so I could be treated with a 5 minute commercial (advertising for Shark Tank twice), 2 minutes of a commentator, and then back to another commercial break. Screw that.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »

Quote from: Lee on February 22, 2014, 07:52:00 PM

Quote from: gellar on February 22, 2014, 06:24:07 PM

LOL USA Hockey.

Didn't watch because soccer was on, but wow, didn't see that coming.

I would have watched a lot more of the Olympics if the coverage wasn't so bad. Tons of commercials, feel good stories, or showing announcers sitting behind a desk reading Twitter messages. Sometimes they would cut the first 4 throws from the curling match I was watching so I could be treated with a 5 minute commercial (advertising for Shark Tank twice), 2 minutes of a commentator, and then back to another commercial break. Screw that.

Quite a few people improved their Olympic quality of life by renting a Canadian VPN for about $5 to be able to get their far superior coverage. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »

Gold x2 for Canada in Hockey!!! And no, I'm not so insane about the sport to have gotten up at 4:00 am to watch that game live.  slywink
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 09:04:48 PM »

Yeah, I recorded that one and watched it later. Exciting game! smile If Canada's good at one thing, it's shutting out teams.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: