http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 04:22:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sometimes newer isnt better  (Read 513 times)
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2008, 07:51:39 PM »

Is it just me but just because with more bandwidth now and we Can download video, does it mean we should.  I find myself pissed when I click on a newstory and find its a video and not just text.   Its a totally waste of time having to have to sit through a 15 second or 30 second ad, and then have some 3rd rate news anchor read my some pedestrian 30 second synopsis of the news article.

SOMETIMES simplier such as TEXT is better, quicker, and more complete.   I think the powers that be are gonna try to push video on us for everything and I am not too happy about it.

Now granted certain things video is better for, say, seeing the highlight from a sports event, or the gameplay from an upcoming game.  BUT if the video is nothing but a "face" reading some teleprompter, leave me out.

I am I the only one who feels this way?
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »

Yes - about half the stories posted on CNN are now video, so I'll find myself having to skip over stories I want to know about often.  You really can't blame them, though, they can just repurpose stuff they've produced for tv, which is easier than making the video story and a written version.  Maybe I should just be looking at CNN less during the work day?  icon_redface

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »

CNN has turned into the Celebrity News Nitwits.  Half of their videos are broken and the other half are worthless.  I couldn't agree more - sometimes simple text is the way to go.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

If it wasn't for all you Firefox users and AdBlock, sites like CNN wouldn't have to show you forced ads before their 'news' on video so they could make lots of money and such.

I blame you! And you over there! And me! Er, wait... biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: