http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 06:22:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone needs to tell my boss he's doing it wrong  (Read 978 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:31:34 PM »

I just heard my boss go into the bathroom, wash his hands, take a leak and then come out without washing his hands again (he was also born in a barn). He then porceeded to sit down and eat with his hands.

I'm never letting him near my food again, and I think I'm going to need to Lysol his desk if I ever have to use it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:34:53 PM »

I'd say over 50% of the people at work don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom...that includes taking a shit.  I basically bleach my hands after touching anything at the office.
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:35:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 22, 2010, 11:31:34 PM

I just heard my boss go into the bathroom, wash his hands, take a leak and then come out without washing his hands again (he was also born in a barn). He then porceeded to sit down and eat with his hands.

Does it make it better or worse to consider the possibility that he relieved himself in the sink and then washed his hands in the toilet bowl?

- Ash
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 11:39:27 PM »

I can console myself with the fact that the sound effects were incorrect for such a scenario Ash  icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 11:44:52 PM »

Urine is sterile.  Gross, sure, but still sterile.  You've got nothing to worry about.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 11:48:05 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on January 22, 2010, 11:44:52 PM

Urine is sterile.  Gross, sure, but still sterile.  You've got nothing to worry about.

Your penis is not, however.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:59:18 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on January 22, 2010, 11:48:05 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on January 22, 2010, 11:44:52 PM

Your penis is not, however.

It is probably cleaner than most parts of your body though.....
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 01:47:35 AM »

I dontwash my hands in a public bathroom. I know what they handled before touching the sink and such. I walk out and use my pocket bottle of hand sanitizer.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 02:37:03 AM »

An Army guy and a Marine are in the latrine taking a wizz.

The Army guy finishes and walks over to the sink to wash his hands.

The Marine finishes his leak and heads for the door and the Army guy says ...

In the Army, they teach us to wash our hands after we take a piss.

The Marine replies ...

In the Marines, they teach us not to piss on our hands.  icon_biggrin

All joking aside, not washing you hands after you use the bathroom is poor hygiene

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »

After I wash my hands at work I use the paper towel I dried them with to open the door and turn the light off before I throw it away, figure what is the point of washing my hands if I'm going to turn around and grab a germ infested doorlatch.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:30:11 PM by Rich » Logged

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »

People who don't wash their hands after urinating are idiots, pure and simple. "Urine is sterile", they'll say. Yeah, but the doorknob which you used twice (times two if you entered a stall), the toilet paper and the flusher are not. Your hands aren't exactly clean before entering either. Even if you insist that you're not getting any bacteria on your hands during a toilet visit, wash your hands anyway just to get rid of the bacteria from your desk, your keyboard, your mouse, your food, your car, your ass when you last scratched it, and so on.

I think less of people who don't wash their hands.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 08:34:38 PM »

Quote from: Rich on January 23, 2010, 05:10:13 PM

After I was my hands at work I use the paper towel I dried them with to open the door and turn the light off before I throw it away, figure what is the point of washing my hands if I'm going to turn around and grab a germ infested doorlatch.

Exactly the way my Dad thinks. biggrin I encountered something pretty disgusting this summer. I was aboard a ferry, and there's only one set of washrooms that are centrally located. There was no more liquid soap. There were no more paper towels. Their hand-dryer was broken and barely put out any air at all. And I was like, WTF? Now, that's screwed up.  I felt compelled to complain that there was no way to be hygienic after a washroom visit.It would be easy to say, go somewhere else. But fact is, I didn't have any choice.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 11:07:43 PM »

Speaking of hand-dryers that use hot air, I read that they are way, WAY worse than paper towels when it comes to fighting germs. The hot air only moves the germs around on your hands, while the towel will actually wipe most of them off. It's the same with washing your hands without soap, even with hot water.
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 02:41:57 AM »

Generally speaking, human beings are a pretty hardy species.  You wouldn't know it by all the little girl screams of "cooties" and hand-wringing going on in this thread, though. icon_confused
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 02:58:37 AM »

Quote from: Biyobi on January 24, 2010, 02:41:57 AM

Generally speaking, human beings are a pretty hardy species.  You wouldn't know it by all the little girl screams of "cooties" and hand-wringing going on in this thread, though. icon_confused

Fucking girly-men not wanting to catch diseases. Take a course on sanitation and you'll find out what is spread when surfaces and people are not sanitized properly.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 03:04:29 AM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on January 24, 2010, 02:58:37 AM

Fucking girly-men not wanting to catch diseases. Take a course on sanitation and you'll find out what is spread when surfaces and people are not sanitized properly.

Sure, but it can go too far the other way, what with the people who think they need to sanitize everything and probably not coincidental rise in cases of people who's immune systems don't work quite right.  The human body has a symbiotic relationship with a lot of things; killing them all in the name of "sanitation" is probably not a good idea.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't wash your hands after going to the bathroom.  But not having paper towels or a dryer handy to dry off after you're done washing has nothing to do with cleanliness or sanitation. 

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 08:29:18 AM »

I find it more important to wash my hands before touching my penis than after, especially since urine is sanitary.  Now my ass on the other hand...
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 23, 2010, 11:07:43 PM

It's the same with washing your hands without soap, even with hot water.

That's not what I heard.  The local news did a story that said researchers found rubbing your hands under water for 10s was as effective as using soap and water.  They did the study on kids to figure out what was important to stress in the process and came up with time as being the key factor (hence making them sing the ABC's while washing).
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 04:48:21 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on January 24, 2010, 03:04:29 AM

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on January 24, 2010, 02:58:37 AM

Sure, but it can go too far the other way, what with the people who think they need to sanitize everything and probably not coincidental rise in cases of people who's immune systems don't work quite right.  The human body has a symbiotic relationship with a lot of things; killing them all in the name of "sanitation" is probably not a good idea.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't wash your hands after going to the bathroom.  But not having paper towels or a dryer handy to dry off after you're done washing has nothing to do with cleanliness or sanitation. 

And I agree with that, but it has nothing to do with what Biyobi was saying, imo.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 07:31:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 22, 2010, 11:31:34 PM

I'm never letting him near my food again, and I think I'm going to need to Lysol his desk if I ever have to use it.

Don't lick any envelopes he gives you either.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »

Nothing is worse than watching your kids use a public bathroom. They will touch *every surface* ... twice. By the second child, I resigned myself to accepting that they are going to touch with some nasty germs which hopefully will make them more germ resistant even though it totally disgusts me. At least my 9 year old kick flushes public toilets now.
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »

thus why kids are the worst carriers of disease on the planet............
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »

Truly.  The moment my first child started going to nursery and mixing with other kids, our house was awash with disease.  The little darlings.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: