http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 07:17:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who's going where for the holidays?  (Read 1841 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2005, 04:04:59 PM »

Frogs Honey and myself are off to Lubbock, TX, this afternoon through Tuesday for Christmas time. should any GT'ers be in the vicinity and want to grab a taco at Taco Villa, be sure to let me know. smile So where is everyone else going for the holidays?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 04:13:06 PM »

Nowhere but mom's coming to stay with us for a week.

:cry:
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 04:57:38 PM »

Over the past four years we've made the drive from central coast California up to the Greater Seattle area every two years. Last year we made the drive so this year was going to be our year to sit at home and relax for the holidays without any family but my sister had to go and ruin the system by having the first baby in the family in August. So our presence has been requested for Christmas at my parents house again this year to meet the nephew.

We aren't driving this year thankfully. It will be nice meeting my one and only nephew but man I hate travelling during Christmas.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 05:01:51 PM »

I'm headed to an orphaqnage in Haiti.  Gonna be building bunkbeds for the kids so they don't have to sleep on concrete or dirt.  Playing Santa for 'em as well.  Most will be recieving gifts for the first time.  Heck, they don't even know what a "gift" is.
Thats my Christmas trip smile

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 05:12:12 PM »

i hop on a plane later this afternoon headed for southern indiana...going back to spend christmas with my family Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 05:13:42 PM »

Quote from: "Xmann"
I'm headed to an orphaqnage in Haiti.  Gonna be building bunkbeds for the kids so they don't have to sleep on concrete or dirt.  Playing Santa for 'em as well.  Most will be recieving gifts for the first time.  Heck, they don't even know what a "gift" is.
Thats my Christmas trip smile

Wow that sounds incredible!  Bring a camera and post photos when you get back.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 05:19:47 PM »

Mrs. Gratch and I will be flying from Salt Lake to Nashville to spend the week between X-mas & new years with my bro and his new baby.  While I'm not excited about flying day after christmas, I can't wait to get away for a while.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 05:45:04 PM »

Camera will be in hand and photos will be posted.  I'll be back January 2.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 09:01:04 PM »

Uhh... driving to my sister-in-laws about 15 miles away.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 11:25:56 PM »

Going to in laws through Tuesday about 200 miles away in Lawton, OK.  It's a military town where I grew up.  But I will take one of my consoles.  I stay up much later and get up much earlier than everyone else and that's when I play something.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 11:37:51 PM »

I'll be staying at home with my girlfriend.  Just relaxing and enjoying the time not at work.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 03:07:36 AM »

I'm headed to the looney bin

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 03:45:30 AM »

I have two weeks off any nothing on the agenda.  Score one for the unmotivated!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 04:09:59 AM »

I'm working until 6:00am Christmas morning.  :/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 03:49:41 PM »

DFW for Christmas, splitting time on both the 24th and 25th with her mother's family and my mother's family.  (Luckily, both families celebrate within a 30-40 minute drive of eachother, making it possible to split time.)

We're considering heading up to Arkansas next Thursday or Friday and spending New Year's at my dad's new place.  Now that he's only 4 hours away, instead of 10, it makes trips to see him a bit less troublesome.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 06:28:08 PM »

I'll be in Boerne, Texas, this Saturday and Sunday for Christmas with my parents. I was supposed to go with my fellow Dallas Young Democrats officers to Las Vegas for New Years Eve, but that's fallen through, so I'll be in Dallas next weekend.

Two days in Boerne... land of the 28.8 dial up. God help me.

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 06:49:24 PM »

Back home to Maine.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 07:24:59 PM »

In Minnesota visiting the ENTIRE family on my Mother's side.  We're going to pack like, 50 relatives in a tiny house Christmas Eve, looking forward to that.

Already having "drama" because of my father (who has some sort of grudge against the family) and my older brother (who hasn't seen this family in 10+ years and is just sort of difficult to begin with), buuuuuut it'll still be a good time.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 08:18:07 PM »

I'm staying here...well, not really home yet.  I've just back posting on this board after being away.  During that time I moved my entire family to Seattle (from Phoenix).  So really looking forward to being lazy and not going anywhere!

Although I'm not sure we really like Seattle...definitely missing Phoenix.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 10:29:48 PM »

Seattle's great biggrin  Hit up that music museum.  Really cool place.  The Experience or whatever it's called.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 11:44:42 PM »

TML-Where in the PNW are you??  I thought I was alone out here LOL
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2005, 01:47:15 AM »

I'm headed to an orphaqnage in Haiti. Gonna be building bunkbeds for the kids so they don't have to sleep on concrete or dirt. Playing Santa for 'em as well. Most will be recieving gifts for the first time. Heck, they don't even know what a "gift" is.
Thats my Christmas trip

Wow, good for you!  Though it's a little hard to beat that act, lol...

I'm heading 10 minutes south to the sleepy town of Hadley, MA... to my parents' tiny retirement apartment complex.  It will be a small group this year - two sibs and spouses can't make it - just as well, since we'll have to take turns fitting into the place, lol.

At least it's not a hut, right, Xmann?  And, if you do it again next year - dammit! - ask for some donations... please?  OMG, I hope you didn't already and i just missed it  :shock:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005, 04:55:28 AM »

I went from Boston to Beaufort, NC, and then I'm off to Kenya for 3.5 weeks to do an evaluation of the HIV/AIDS programs run by the Kenyan Red Cross, for part of their membership in a consortium of sub-Saharan African Red Cross affiliates.

p.s. I can't decide if I should take my DS or not -- I really don't want to have it stolen.   :?

xbox live: nude rick james
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2005, 05:16:00 AM »

thanks about the kinds words regarding my trip.  as far as donations go, i didn't ask for any.  it would have helped considering i'm in school full time and the wife worked her fingers to the bone to get me there.  i hated to ask for any support, i considered the sacrafice we made minimal to what those children deal with on a daily basis.  i would have felt selfish.
i don't want to derail the thread so i'll say thanks again and if anyone is interested, i'll start another thread about my trip and some pictures/stories when i return.
Merry Christmas everyone.

motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2005, 05:34:35 AM »

I'll be heading to the lovely town of Defiance, Ohio on Saturday night and returning back to Chicago roughly 24hrs later. Nothing like whirlwind Christmas trips.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2005, 05:42:57 AM »

Quote from: "Fireball1244"
Two days in Boerne... land of the 28.8 dial up. God help me.

i feel your pain...i'm visiting now on a 28.8 connection because it's the best the old phone lines at my parent's house in the middle of nowhere can handle.  it's an agonizingly slow step backword from 6Mbps cable...:cry:

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2005, 05:43:56 AM »

Quote from: "motodd"
I'll be heading to the lovely town of Defiance, Ohio on Saturday night and returning back to Chicago roughly 24hrs later. Nothing like whirlwind Christmas trips.

Was your mom the prize winner?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2005, 06:27:38 PM »

Quote from: "Xmann"
thanks about the kinds words regarding my trip.  as far as donations go, i didn't ask for any.  it would have helped considering i'm in school full time and the wife worked her fingers to the bone to get me there.  i hated to ask for any support, i considered the sacrafice we made minimal to what those children deal with on a daily basis.  i would have felt selfish.
i don't want to derail the thread so i'll say thanks again and if anyone is interested, i'll start another thread about my trip and some pictures/stories when i return.
Merry Christmas everyone.

I would love to see pictures of the trip. It's great that you're being so giving of your time and money during the holidays.

Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2005, 06:53:08 PM »

Going to Korea to live for a year.  I leave just after christmas but the 14 hour flight kinda makes any christmas travelling i do seem like a cakewalk Tongue

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2005, 11:18:31 PM »

My wife, two kids and I packed up the van and left our home in Portland OR on 12/16, arrived in Monterey CA on the 17th (stayed overnight in Weed CA), then flew from San Jose CA to Phoenix AZ on the 18th, then flew back to San Jose on the 24th. We'll be in Monterey CA until we head towards home on the 30th (and get back there on the 31st).

We visited my wifes family in AZ and are visiting my family in CA.

Next year for Christmas we're staying home!!

Part of the time we were in AZ I only had Internet access via dial-up that rarely exceeded 24K. When waiting for my web based email to load I read a book. I'm gonna give my cable modem a BIG HUG when I get home!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2005, 02:28:36 AM »

Well my fascinating holiday has consisted of me sitting on my ass in Maryland and not going anywhere nor doing anything different. My parents came into town and today we had to go to brunch with about 15 extended family members, oh so fun. Next week, I will continue to sit on my ass in Md and my brother and his girlfriend will join the mob in the house. I am elated at the prospect.

The holidays are bumming the shit out of me this year frown
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2006, 01:35:09 PM »

Just checking in as i've returned from Haiti.  Gimme a few days to return to normal and i'll post some pics and a story about my trip.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: