http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 08:16:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So where did you go for your Honeymoon?  (Read 5221 times)
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004, 09:07:57 PM »

Getting married Dec. 11th going off to Disney World for 9 days...
This was non negotiable on my part.  biggrin Staying at the Poly which is gona cost us a pretty penny but should be a blast.

I also plan on hitting up Universal for a day to two while were down there. Nothing like a nice relaxing plumment towards the earth to solidify ones marrage. smile

Chripes only 2 more months!!!!  :shock: MOMMY   paranoid

Oh here's a link in case your wondering what she looks like. I'm the one with the freakishly big hands!
http://oct230.freewebspace.com/photo.html
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 09:15:53 PM »

Wife and I got married last August and spent a week in Puerta Vallerta, Mexico.

We had a great time, although I got real sick of getting hassled to buy into a condo.  I saw one guy with a T-Shirt that said "I'm sorry, I already have a time-share".  I'm definately getting one of those before I go back to any Mexican resort towns.
mitma
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 09:19:46 PM »

Zaxxon and I got married in July.  We went to Akumal, Mexico.  It was wonderful!!!  

I was responsible for wedding planning (with my mom) and he did honeymoon planning.  I didn't know until the morning we left where we were going except that it was hot, and I needed a passport and vaccines.

Carpe diem.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 09:21:46 PM »

Spent 2 nights and a day at the wonderful Sorrento hotel in Seattle then took a train to Vancouver BC where we boarded a ship for a one week Alaskan cruise.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 09:25:51 PM »

Also did the Alaskan Cruise bit...that was 1992. Contrary to expectations, we still haven't killed each other  :shock:

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 09:27:35 PM »

Spent a week in a beach house on the Oregon coast, Oceanside.  Small, quaint little place and very quiet and peaceful.  Had a great time.

Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 09:32:39 PM »

We didn't take our honeymoon right away since we were moving out of our place a week after we got married.  We did spend a few days at a REALLY nice hotel in town and then later on in the year we went to Germany (and a few surrounding countries) for three weeks.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 09:44:18 PM »

We went to Las Vegas and stayed in some hotel right across the street from this volcano that kept going off every 15-30 minutes.
I really hate volcanos now.

Ye Olde Farte
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 09:52:57 PM »

Sardinia, in Italy. Great place. Very good value, beautiful beaches, incredibly laid back people who only seemed to work 4 hours a day, amazing food and very friendly staff.
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 09:59:21 PM »

San Francisco, Monterey Bay, Napa, and Red Bluff (to visit her Grandmother who couldn't make it to the wedding).

Oooh - the Polynesian - that's one of my favorite lobbies, next to Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodges.  Hmm wonder if I still know someone over there...
Juntei
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 10:08:08 PM »

We went to Disney World as well, for 2 weeks  biggrin We stayed at the Animal Kingdom for all but the last 2 nights. The last we stayed in the Grand Floridian, and had a room with a castle view" It was just after thanksgiving so they had the whole Christmas thing going in full effect. The coolest part was the firts night in the Grand Floridian we decided call it an early night, which was cool because  we got to witness an amazing fireworks show from our balcony.

Congrats and have fun at Disney Octavious biggrin
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 10:12:47 PM »

We went to Disney World in June of 2000, it was a wonderful time. We spent 4 days on the Disney grounds, each day going to a different park and at night we went to Pleasure Island. I must say epcot and Pleasure Island were the best. They are more of an adult themed area.
We had 2 extra days in Florida after that, so we rented a car and drove to JFK space station and the beach. I recommend going to JFK while you are there.
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 10:16:00 PM »

Stranger in a strange land.

Gamertag:  red51ve
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 10:16:39 PM »

We eloped to Las Vegas. We started planning about 6 months in advance and got a nice room in the Venetian and after getting married stayed there for another 4 days. All told our wedding and honeymoon cost us about 2k...nothing like not going 20k+ in debt just starting out.  biggrin

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2004, 10:16:49 PM »

Spent a week in Jackson Hole.  I'd been skiing there in the winter, but it really is more beautiful in June.  I need to go back sometime.

Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 10:24:56 PM »

Honeymoon, what honeymoon?   biggrin

Actually we got to live out of our tent in the beautiful Colorado Rockies that entire summer, so I'm not complaining!

Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2004, 10:31:04 PM »

Key West in '93. Nicest beaches I have ever been on. White sand, clear water.....I wanna go back.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 10:59:12 PM »

First Marriage (lasted a whole 2.5 months) we went to a Sandals Resort in Jamaica.

Second and final marriage - we went to Captiva Island off Florida.
Easily Satisfied
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 11:03:44 PM »

Went to Hawaii for a week. It was gorgeous, long flight, but still worth it. I would go back, but this time make it longer  :lol:
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2004, 11:13:15 PM »

Got married in December 1987 and lived in Phoenix AZ at the time, so we decided to head for some snow. We got a package deal in the Poconos (in PA) that included lodging, food, and things like skiing and snowmobiling. When we got there we were greeted by the complete absence of snow. They were having one of their driest winters ever. It didn't snow once while we were there and we never saw any snow. The accomodations were so-so and so it ended up being less than a great honeymoon.

In the summer of 2002 we took an Alaskan cruise. My wife summed it up perfectly: "it was the honeymoon we should have had". We had an absolutely incredible time. The ship we were on was 6 months old and was a floating city with everything you could possibly want (except a cheap Internet connection).

P.S. Our youngest daughter will be 17 months old on the 16th. Do the math - we had a great  :lol: time on that cruise.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2004, 11:14:04 PM »

Le Sport, St Lucia

Had a great, relaxing time.  Pretty much spent my day on the beach, planted my flag in the sand when I wanted another tropical frozen drink, and did the jacuzzi / massage / spa treatments twice a day.

- Don

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004, 11:26:08 PM »

You know if I went to some resort in Bermuda or something I wouldn't have a clue what to do. I have to be doing something at all times. Sitting on the beach in the sun is like a slow death to me. Guess I'm odd that way.  Some people said it would be tiring to go to Disney for that long. Bah!!!

We went to Disney together when we first started dating in 99 for a week. Had a blast but stayed at the all-star resorts which i must say suck imho.  Of course that's coming from a spoiled brat who thinks if you don't go home poor from a vacation you weren't trying hard enough!

Pleasure Island should be a nice diversion at night since the parks close kind of early around the time were going. There going to have a ton of xmas stuff to do though which should be really cool. And of course there's DISNEY QUEST!!!! BEST PLACE EVER!!! Last time we went we were there every night. Just couldn't get enough of that place and it's included with our park passes.

Damn I'm never gona want to come home heh.  crybaby  :mrgreen:
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2004, 11:37:32 PM »

We went to Whorelando too. I loved it.

Disneyworld.
Downtown Disney.
Universal Studios.
Seaworld (white trash alert!)
Paradise Cove (swim with dolphins)
Universal Islands of Adventure (pass out on the Hulk coaster!)

Good times and lots of sexy times. smile

Schroeder
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2004, 11:42:01 PM »

We went to Hawaii for an entire amazing week.  That was 11 and a half years ago.    :shock:  biggrin
B Dog
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004, 12:09:13 AM »

The wife and I went to Scotland.  The National Trust of Scotland rents historic homes and such, and we were able to rent the guest wing (formerly the servants quarters) of a 16th century castle.  The main house was open to tourists during the day, but after 5pm, the only people on the 500-acre property were us, the caretaker and his family, and the cows.  Very romantic, very cool.  I highly recommend it.

Castle Frasier
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2004, 12:12:15 AM »

We went to Aspen, Colorado. But we got married in June so it was the off-season. Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun, and we went back again for our 20th(!!!!!!) anniversary to revisit the place.... and now it's expensive all the time.  :shock:

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2004, 12:12:24 AM »

OKay mental note don't let the future wife see this thread I come off very unimaginative!!! slywink
Smoove_B
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2004, 12:13:35 AM »

Went to a Sandals resort in St. Lucia.

We're going back this March for our 5 year wedding anniversary to the newest Sandals resort on the island.

Two words for you: ALL INCLUSIVE
derek_hutch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2004, 12:14:33 AM »

We spent the night in Reno after we got married earlier in the day. Then we went home.
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004, 12:16:05 AM »

Quote from: "lildrgn"

Seaworld (white trash alert!)

Please explain.
I have been to seaworld in California and loved it.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2004, 12:19:48 AM »

We went to DisneyWorld as well (we're both big kids at heart), and stayed for a week at the Grand Floridian. Wow, one of the most amazing experiences of my life. We got the full honeymoon package with the Disney wishes so we pretty much ate "free" at all the most expensive restaurants we could find. There's nothing like dining out on $150 meals every night.

We would get up, eat breakfast with the characters, jump on the monorail and ride to the parks, spend the whole day there, catch a bus to Downtown Disney and hit the clubs until 3 in the morning. Then catch a bus back to the hotel, crash, get up and do it all again. We were totally WORN SLAM OUT by the end of the week but my God what fun it was.

We had such a blast we're planning on saving up enough money to repeat the entire honeymoon for our 5-year anniversary.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2004, 12:25:43 AM »

Ya one of my big things was walk on access to the monorails from the hotel. Hence why I picked the Poly....Can get to Epcot and Magic Kingdom very easily from there. I'll probably hit Epot up at least 4 times I really just don't get bored of that place. Animal Kingdom 1 day maybe even only a half day. MGM for a day, Magic Kingdom at least once probably twice and then Islands of Adventure and Universal a day each.

Gona cost a pretty penny but it's the offseason so the lines should be extremly short which I just love. I was thinking of checking out horseback riding I seem to recall they have that there.  So ya a nice relaxing trip lol.
Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2004, 01:38:57 AM »

Quote from: "Smoove_B"
Went to a Sandals resort in St. Lucia.

Two words for you: ALL INCLUSIVE
Ditto. Also, they let you go to the other Sandals resorts, so you have a ton of restaurants to choose from.

St. Lucia's a beautiful island. When we were there almost 10 years ago, we flew across the island on a helicopter and you could see how unspoiled it was. Dunno if that's still true.

Sith

Formerly Sith Lord
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2004, 02:18:07 AM »

I'm trying to figure out where to take Carrie on our honeymoon...

Anywhere warm in January is going to be pricey, but what the hell...

I snagged some Ideas from you all here, but Southern California seems to be nice all year round, as in San Diego... Could be Fun. We've also considered camping.. who knows... The Scottish Castle sounds like a lot of fun.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2004, 03:04:18 AM »

We went to Hedonism II in Jamaica -- nothing like sharing your new bride with 30 other couples smile

kidding.

Actually, my wife had her doctoral dissertation defense a few days after the wedding, so we had to put it off.  Eventually we spent a week in Santa Fe which was wonderful smile  Finally, (this Thanksgiving) 5 years after we got married, we are spending a week at the end of the Hana Road in Maui as sort of a honeymoon that we finally have time for.
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2004, 03:14:03 AM »

We went on an 11-day cruise on the Celebrity Milennium, with stops in Barbados, St. Martin, St. Thomas, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. I have never had so much fun or lived so well. It's a wonder I didn't capsize the boat with all the gourmet food I ate.

The wife and I love Disney World. One bit of advice: don't blow off the Animal Kingdom. If you like animals and going to zoos, you can easily burn a day wandering around there. It's a great place with some pretty fun rides/attractions as well.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2004, 03:22:34 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
I'm trying to figure out where to take Carrie on our honeymoon...

Anywhere warm in January is going to be pricey, but what the hell...

I snagged some Ideas from you all here, but Southern California seems to be nice all year round, as in San Diego... Could be Fun. We've also considered camping.. who knows... The Scottish Castle sounds like a lot of fun.

If you go to SD drop a line -- I lived there for four years and can give you a list of suggestions
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2004, 03:24:34 AM »

Sweet, will do, I've got a brother in law and a cousin who both lived there too so any and all suggestiions would be great as it seems we are leaning that way...

Is it nice in January there?

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2004, 03:27:42 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
Sweet, will do, I've got a brother in law and a cousin who both lived there too so any and all suggestiions would be great as it seems we are leaning that way...

Is it nice in January there?

Nice is a relative term - it was the one month when we looked forward to a break from the nonstop 80 and sunny days smile  Meaning, if it's gonna rain, it'll be in Jan or Feb.

Serioulsy, if you are looking for a place where it's actually WARM and beach-ish weather, San Diego in January might dissapoint you.  There's a solid chance of 68 and sunny, but an equally solid chance of 60 and drizzling.

Still, over the course of a week I'd be surprised if you didn't get some quality days.

Oh -- and for a romantic honeymoon, The Hotel del Coronado is the ONLY hotel you should consider, though if your heart is set on LaJolla, La Valencia is a fine substitute for the del  smile
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2004, 03:29:23 AM »

I'm looking for 70 and temperate. i don't want hot and I don't want cold, but anything is better than 20 degress and wet in Virginia....

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: