http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 02:47:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, whats your vacation plans this year?  (Read 318 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:01:35 AM »

Summer is here, many already have their vacations by now, and Im curious what everyone is up to this year.

Personally, I'm off to France, to live in the Loire Valley for 7 days, and then 3 days in Paris. I am of course off to Normandy to see all there is to see about the invasion beaches.

I plan to see Versailles as well, the castle of Louis the 14th which will be awesome!

So, what's your plan?

A new one
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:14:10 AM »

Way to set a high bar!  I almost think you are gloating . . .  icon_lol

I already did my vacation.  A week in Montana visiting my parents and the town I grew up in.   Wasn't too bad - weather was nice but not hot.  Unfortunately my mother and her boyfriend have had health issues this summer so I was on my own for the most part, but I can't complain as my personal goal on this vacation was to relax and get off of a schedule, not some sort of non-stop whirlwind tour of somewhere I've never been.  I may do something like that later in the summer or early fall.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:49:10 PM »

Heh, I work with several Danes and they do tend to have lots of vacation time in the summer.  smile

As for me, I already took a week off in April to visit some family so I'm saving most of my other vacation time until later this fall or winter.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »

You guys dont normally have the same weeks off that we do - Weeks 28, 29 and 30 - we call that the industrial holidays, and most workplaces that interacts with business' use those.

And thanks Sarkus - I am quite pleased as well with "how high the bar is" ;-)

And oh, you work with Danes, E9? Big company, or?

A new one
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »

Same as every year: We rent a cabin in the Berkshires for a week and spend our days going to concerts, plays, and museums. This year some friends are driving out from MI to stay with us for a few nights.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 04:26:44 PM »

getting 10 days doing an oregon coastal camping trip.  plan to spend two days in each little area so we can see the towns and then move on before we run out of stuff to do.  looking forward to it as it will be the first big trip we have had with the kids and the first long vacation in 4 years.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »

This is my last week of work before 4 weeks of freedom. In exactly two weeks I'm heading to Cyprus for a week of relaxing in the sun. Considering the weather here in Norway has reminded me of anything but summertime these last few weeks, that trip is long overdue.

Right now I'd settle for not having to wear a raincoat to work every fricking day, but then again, my town is known for being great in every regard but the weather. This is the kind of place where you can see a clear blue sky with soaring hot sunshine, a massive thunderstorm, bucketloads of rain, sleet and strong winds, all in the same day.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »

We didn't really have much time to plan anything this year, so we're basically repeating last year's vacation since we liked it so much.  One week here: http://www.banyantree.com/en/mayakoba/overview

Plan on taking a day trip to Chichen Itza, since we missed that last year as it was so damn far away.  This year it's the only excursion planned.  Rest of the week will be at the Villa, with maybe a trip or two into Playa del Carmen.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 05:54:32 PM »

Big Island in January.  Maui in March.  Half Moon Bay in May.  Monterey in June.  Seattle in July.  Big Island in October.  Probably get some weekend-ers in between now and 2012.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 06:03:38 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 04, 2011, 05:54:32 PM

Big Island in January.  Maui in March.  Half Moon Bay in May.  Monterey in June.  Seattle in July.  Big Island in October.  Probably get some weekend-ers in between now and 2012.

now that's a vacation plan I could get jealous of.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »

We have already taken our vacation for this year.  We had such a good time that we are doing it again in 2013.

We currently don't have anything planned for 2012 but are tossing around ideas.  We might go to Hidden Beach Resort in Cancun.  Or we might take a train tour of either the Pacific Northwest or Glacier National Park.

We are planning a big vacation to Greece and some of it's many islands for sometime in the 2014-15 time frame.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on July 04, 2011, 06:33:29 PM

We are planning a big vacation to Greece and some of it's many islands for sometime in the 2014-15 time frame.

by then they'll be owned by various corporations too biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 06:42:56 PM »

What are these 'vacation plans' you speak of?

Playing: ? 360 | FO: New Vegas | BF4 PC / 360 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Magic
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »

The wife and I are heading to Vegas in November for a couple of days in a suite at the hard rock ($149 night midweek, 700sq ft suite).

At the end of january we are going to daytona for the Rolex 24 hour sports car race, then a few days at universal in Orlando.
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »

just got back last night from mine.

Me and wife went to London for Hard Rock Calling (Had mostly free backstage vip passes thx to inlaws who work for HR). Then a night in Belfast, night in Armagh (where wife family from) and a few nights in Dublin. Lots of fun.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:06:57 PM by Creepy_Smell » Logged

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 07:38:57 PM »

Mine was a couple weeks ago.  A week in Columbus, Ohio, where I double dipped, spending five days with my sister and brother in law, hitting the water park, the Cincinnati theme park, the Air Force Museum, and then three days of gaming at Origins with hepcat, Zarathud and (a little bit of) CeeKay.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 07:58:41 PM »

My wife is taking our one year old son over to Europe to meet her family this summer (everyone but her parents and brother are there). So it'll just be me all by my lonesome for just over three weeks.

I managed to convince three buddies of mine to join me on a baseball roadtrip to take place over five days and will hit the following cities: Toronto, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Cooperstown (Hall of Fame).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: