http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 10:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, The Cave is bad  (Read 1021 times)
WinoMcCougarstein
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2006, 09:22:54 AM »

Quote from: "Everyone"
How bad is it?!

Really, really bad.

Lets start with length.  I'm not sure how long this movie actually was, seemed like forever seeing every monster movie cliche over and over and over.  I'd say this movie was probably about an hour and a half too long.  The story was terrible.  "Hey! Lets explore a cave!  Why you might ask?  Well, shit, I dont know, my copy of the script doesnt mention any reason at all.  Look out, demons!  Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Lets find a way out of here!  Shit, the tunnel we came in here in has collapsed!  Jesus, I saw that happen in a movie last week and the week before that before I got stuck in this cave!  What a coincidence!!!  Ok, we know where to go, lets get deeper into the cave and try and find a new way out.  This is a movie so of course we will find a way!"

Ok, the acting was downright horrible.  Have you ever watched public access at like 3 AM?  Well then, you know what to expect in this movie!  Nothing shy of sheer brilliance!  That brings me to the special effects.  Remember when you were watching that show on cable access at 3 AM and they would have the shittiest quality video effects?  Well, after watching this movie, those effects mentioned before really dont seem that bad anymore.  

Avoid this movie like the black plague.  That is unless you want to die, then go ahead and watch it, because it will surely drive you to suicide.[/quote]

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

If I recall, this was an Americanized version of another British movie of the same name.  The british one had an entire female cast and relied on real scares instead of being just another monster movie.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 10:41:29 AM »

OK, I didn't hate it as much as that.  I thought it fell more on the low end of being mediocre.  B-movie plot with a bigger budget was all that movie was.  At least it the underwater scenery looked pretty nice.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 02:01:10 PM »

I liked it, because I went into it not expecting some masterpiece and enjoyed it for what it is.......a tried-and-true monster flick with some great scenery, and a couple cool scenes.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 04:56:02 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
If I recall, this was an Americanized version of another British movie of the same name.  The british one had an entire female cast and relied on real scares instead of being just another monster movie.

The British one actually comes out in theaters here sometime this spring I think. It's from the director of Dog Soldiers, a film which a buddy of mine bought for me either last year or the year before and I've still not watched it. Maybe I need to get around to that...

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 04:58:52 PM »

Do you mean The Descent? I don't think that they're related in any way. They just happen to both be spelunking (sp?) horror flicks. It's a budding sub-genre  :wink: .

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

The British one actually comes out in theaters here sometime this spring I think. It's from the director of Dog Soldiers, a film which a buddy of mine bought for me either last year or the year before and I've still not watched it. Maybe I need to get around to that...

I loved Dog Soldiers.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 08:41:09 PM »

Dog Soldiers is one of those indie titles that I've been meaning to see. For a while. Just got to find it.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »

Wow, I forgot about Dog Soldiers. For a low budget flick, it was pretty decent. Especially like how they "patched up" the commander after the attack.

As far as the cave, been meaning to rent that but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 10:02:14 PM »

You should have needed only to see the previews to understand how bad it was Gator smile
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 08:47:27 PM »

The Descent is just superb, very atmospheric, Dog Soldiers was great but the Descent is better, much better.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 01:52:27 AM »

Aye, The Descent is a first rate horror film. It even scared me several times which most horror films don't do anymore. Definetly one to catch when it hits threaters in the US.

Although I hear they changed the ending which probably sucks since the ending was perfect (got it both ways good & bad ending).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: