http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 02:15:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So If I'm Going to Philly, Where Do I Go to get a REAL Philly Cheesesteak?  (Read 6030 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 12, 2009, 06:06:02 PM

Quote from: Blackadar on February 12, 2009, 06:02:06 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 12, 2009, 05:55:38 PM

Now I can see the validity of fighting over one of the best games released in 2008 or whether a team is overrated (not saying one way or the other  paranoid  icon_wink), but fighting over sandwiches?

Surely this is a new low.

Damnit, man...sammiches are worth fighting over!!!!   icon_biggrin

Plus, if we want to start a new low, I'm sure we can find some other topic.  How about homosexual necrophilia?

That is whack.

ban

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2009, 06:09:59 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 12, 2009, 05:41:37 PM

Sensuous started a thread about where to have a "real" Philly cheesesteak, which is not the same as asking for forum opinions on the actual quality of said sandwich.  Reading comprehension and all that.
Discussions evolve, Petie. No doubt in your only-missionary world you stick to one thing and nothing else, but most people like a little variety. This is the perfect place to discuss the cheesesteak, and indeed it has become a good place to talk about sandwiches in general now. I know it's a difficult thing for some people to go from where to have a cheesesteak to the quality of said cheesesteaks, but please, try to keep up, Pete. Maybe ask your wife to help if you're having problems with the drastic change of gears.

Or, conversely, go out and find yourself a sense of humor so you can have a decent argument about sandwiches without getting your man-panties in a bunch.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 12, 2009, 05:55:38 PM

Now I can see the validity of fighting over one of the best games released in 2008 or whether a team is overrated (not saying one way or the other  paranoid  icon_wink), but fighting over sandwiches?
There is no fight over sandwiches. The only fight is over which sandwich the BLT can call its bitch, because clearly the BLT is the God among sandwiches.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

I'm going to start billing Pete and cheeba for my time.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2009, 10:38:06 PM »

i think there needs to be a celebrity deathmatch between the cheesesteak and the BLT...that would be legendary.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2009, 03:06:33 AM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on February 12, 2009, 10:38:06 PM

i think there needs to be a celebrity deathmatch between the cheesesteak and the BLT...that would be legendary.

A grilled reuben would jump into the ring and kill both of them.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2009, 07:30:36 AM »

Corned beef reuben or pastrami reuben?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »

Ruebens are gross.  thumbsdown
joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2009, 02:19:10 PM »

This thread inspired me to get a cheesesteak sandwich last night on my way home.  While they did have an option for a "Philly" cheesesteak with just onions and cheez wiz I opted for a delicious abomination with provolone, pepper, onion, mushroom, lettuce, tomato and mayo.  If I'm ever in Philly (possible since the band is talking about a short East coast tour) I'll get a mushroom wiz wit so I can enjoy the traditional experience but outside of that there's no way I'm eating anything with cheez wiz on it.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2009, 02:52:52 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on February 13, 2009, 03:06:33 AM

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on February 12, 2009, 10:38:06 PM

A grilled reuben would jump into the ring and kill both of them.

amen.

Ruebens are gross.  thumbsdown

heresy!

BLT: the choice of housewives and teenage girls the world over

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 13, 2009, 02:52:52 PM

Oh no you din't. The BLT is, in fact, the favorite sandwich of the honorable master Alton Brown.

And I question the masculinity of any guy who questions the BLT. After all, what does the B stand for? Tongue

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 04:08:53 PM by cheeba » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on February 13, 2009, 04:05:09 PM

he shoots he scores!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »

BLT  - A good sammich, something that's quick, easy and tasty.  Certainly not the best, especially considering that it can quickly be improved by adding turkey to it (Carnegie Deli's Club Dear, for example).

Rueben - A very good sammich, but you'll find a sizeable percentage of the populace likes it without the kraut.  If cabbage is what makes your sammich special, it can't be the best.

Cheesesteak - Perfection on a roll.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on February 13, 2009, 04:05:09 PM

Quote from: hepcat on February 13, 2009, 02:52:52 PM

Oh no you din't. The BLT is, in fact, the favorite sandwich of the honorable master Alton Brown.

And I question the masculinity of any guy who questions the BLT. After all, what does the B stand for? Tongue

Adding bacon to a crap sandwich doesn't negate the crap. besides, this argument is moot.  the level of estrogen generated during the ordering a BLT is scientifically proven to be three times that of a normal woman.  you can't argue with scientific facts I just made up...THAT'S a scientific fact too!

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on February 13, 2009, 07:30:36 AM

Corned beef reuben or pastrami reuben?

I'm neutral.  I used to prefer pastrami, but now I make my grilled reubens with corned beef, thinly sliced.  It is our traditional St. Patrick's day meal, along with hand cut fries and Guinness.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »

all this talk about corned beef and pastrami is making me weep over the lack of a good deli in my neighborhood.

Because I can,
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 13, 2009, 05:08:01 PM

all this talk about corned beef and pastrami is making me weep over the lack of a good deli in my neighborhood.

All this talk about corned beef and pastrami is making me weep over the lack of a good deli in my state.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2009, 05:52:22 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on February 13, 2009, 04:14:13 PM

BLT  - A good sammich, something that's quick, easy and tasty.  Certainly not the best, especially considering that it can quickly be improved by adding turkey to it (Carnegie Deli's Club Dear, for example).
No. No sandwich is improved by adding turkey. The only way to improve upon a BLT is by adding more bacon.

Quote from: hepcat on February 13, 2009, 04:27:20 PM

Adding bacon to a crap sandwich doesn't negate the crap. besides, this argument is moot.  the level of estrogen generated during the ordering a BLT is scientifically proven to be three times that of a normal woman.  you can't argue with scientific facts I just made up...THAT'S a scientific fact too!
I question your masculinity and sexuality, not to mention your sanity and common sense, your taste in food and clothing, and your political viewpoints. A sandwich whose first and primary ingredient is bacon has NOTHING to do with estrogen. It is a scientific fact that bacon is the king of all meats, and put on a bed of lettuce and tomato only accentuates the heavenly taste even more. Good DAY sir, you LOSE!
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2009, 05:58:56 PM »

While bacon may be a gift from whatever higher power you choose to recognize (God, Allah, Dietz and Watson, etc), it is difficult to claim a sandwich with primary ingredients including Lettuce and Tomato as any sort of manly entree.  Lettuce and tomato are secondary accessories to any sandwich, and when they're included as primary ingredients your sandwich moves ever closer to a glorified salad on bread.

And salad is was food eats.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on February 13, 2009, 05:52:22 PM

Quote from: Blackadar on February 13, 2009, 04:14:13 PM

No. No sandwich is improved by adding turkey. The only way to improve upon a BLT is by adding more bacon.

Quote from: hepcat on February 13, 2009, 04:27:20 PM

I question your masculinity and sexuality, not to mention your sanity and common sense, your taste in food and clothing, and your political viewpoints. A sandwich whose first and primary ingredient is bacon has NOTHING to do with estrogen. It is a scientific fact that bacon is the king of all meats, and put on a bed of lettuce and tomato only accentuates the heavenly taste even more. Good DAY sir, you LOSE!

Another scientific fact that I might have just scribbled on a cocktail napkin in the break room:  Cheeba is actually one Dorothy Stottlemyer of Fort Wayne, Indiana.  She frequents this board in a desperate attempt to escape the attentions of her common law husband, Ned...who is also known to friends as "The Slab".  Dorothy's, aka Cheeba, only solace in this world is her love of feminine sandwiches and her collection of hand drawn, Lord of the Rings erotica.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:51:16 PM by hepcat » Logged

joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2009, 07:43:31 PM »

bacon bowls.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:04 PM »

Quote from: joeyjazz on February 13, 2009, 07:43:31 PM

now THAT'S manly.  I could see myself eating one of those while driving a tractor trailer across a suspension bridge in the amazon and shooting a handgun out the passenger side window.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2009, 06:54:31 PM »

not sure which store it was, but i had one at the little deli shop downtown, in that big food market near the marriott. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2009, 04:59:39 PM »

Had a Chicago style hotdog yesterday in Chi-town. It was delicious.

Had a Mexicon hotdog in Tucson 3 weeks ago.  It was also delicious.

Quite month on the waistline!
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2009, 05:12:56 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on March 27, 2009, 04:59:39 PM

Now that would make an interesting vacation: travel around sampling all the different ways to eat a hot dog.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 27, 2009, 05:12:56 PM

Now that would make an interesting vacation: travel around sampling all the different ways to eat a hot dog.

Déjà vu.

I'll be speaking with your professor.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on March 27, 2009, 06:01:58 PM

Déjà vu.

Because I quoted the original link that your cheese dog was redirected to? I didn't see any reference to making it a road trip vacation to try out all these different types of dogs. Where's the plagiarism? Since I have experience in this area let me show you how lazy college kids copy someone's work. My post would have looked like this:

Easton, NJ is where I was raised, by a place called Toby's Cup. The hot dogs is deep-fried in fat, and than served on a bun with some condaments like mustard, onions, and a pickle. Thats all you get. How else would you eat a hot dog. Chicago dogs are ok, but there no Toby's.

Toby's has listed on Wikipedia under "Hot Dog Variations" so you know its legit.    disgust  Along with Jimmy's and Pott's as well.  What a little world.   

Now that would be some quality online coursework.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2009, 08:44:55 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 27, 2009, 06:32:25 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on March 27, 2009, 06:01:58 PM

Déjà vu.

Because I quoted the original link that your cheese dog was redirected to? I didn't see any reference to making it a road trip vacation to try out all these different types of dogs. Where's the plagiarism?

Merely an obviously failed attempt at humor based upon our ongoing discussions about plagiarism.  Obviously you weren't plagiarising my ideas.  Swing-and-a-miss I guess.

Since I have experience in this area let me show you how lazy college kids copy someone's work. My post would have looked like this:

Easton, NJ is where I was raised, by a place called Toby's Cup. The hot dogs is deep-fried in fat, and than served on a bun with some condaments like mustard, onions, and a pickle. Thats all you get. How else would you eat a hot dog. Chicago dogs are ok, but there no Toby's.

Toby's has listed on Wikipedia under "Hot Dog Variations" so you know its legit.    disgust  Along with Jimmy's and Pott's as well.  What a little world.   

Now that would be some quality online coursework.

Well-played.

It's like he's actually here.   icon_lol

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2009, 04:06:13 AM »

Today's woot shirt: An homage to the 'dog

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2009, 05:11:56 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 13, 2009, 07:47:04 PM

now THAT'S manly.  I could see myself eating one of those while driving a tractor trailer across a suspension bridge in the amazon and shooting a handgun out the passenger side window.

Sorcerer?

Ale
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2009, 05:45:41 AM »

Quote from: Alefroth on October 13, 2009, 05:11:56 AM

Sorcerer?

Ale

not as manly as these.

and I'm almost afraid to ask what is on top of a Georgia or Seattle Hot Dog....

Because I can,
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2009, 02:02:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 13, 2009, 05:45:41 AM

Quote from: Alefroth on October 13, 2009, 05:11:56 AM

Sorcerer?

Ale

not as manly as these.

and I'm almost afraid to ask what is on top of a Georgia or Seattle Hot Dog....

The Georgia dog is a slawdog and it is topped with coleslaw.  As for Seattle... I have no idea.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2009, 02:48:46 PM »

Seattle is cream cheese, onions, and sauerkraut.

As always, there's a wiki page.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »

So I was in Philly for a wedding and had budgeted enough time before my return for a cheesesteak and I remembered this thread.

We went to pat's; I had a "wiz wit" and my lovely bride had a provolone wit. Also, cherry soda and fries. They were delicious. I've had better cheesesteaks before, but none so authentic.

Also, Philadelphia is one of the worst places on earth. The city is a hideous slum and her inhabitants are the lowest form of classless barbarian.

We also picked up some cannolis but we're going to eat them on the ride home.

Edit:  the cannolis were from Isgro and were excellent. Asians on the bus are noisy.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:04:43 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2011, 06:53:12 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on May 29, 2011, 05:25:38 PM

Also, Philadelphia is one of the worst places on earth. The city is a hideous slum and her inhabitants are the lowest form of classless barbarian.

LOL.  I wonder if I need to scrap Philly from next summer's family vacation/eastern coast tour.  Surely, it can't be that bad?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »

at least he didn't make fun of their sports teams.

Because I can,
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2011, 07:11:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 29, 2011, 06:56:16 PM

at least he didn't make fun of their sports teams.

I thought that went without saying...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »

I sought to restrict my comments regarding the City of Brotherly Love to my personal observations. The mediocrity of her sports franchises is well documented.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2011, 08:17:06 PM »

if memory serves you need to go to Pat's for the cheese steak - ask for it with/with.

Any cabbie can take you there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »

Quote from: Roman on May 29, 2011, 08:17:06 PM

if memory serves you need to go to Pat's for the cheese steak - ask for it with/with.

Any cabbie can take you there.

You may wish to read his post there, Romy.  You smokin' too much herb?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: