http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 11:40:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So If I'm Going to Philly, Where Do I Go to get a REAL Philly Cheesesteak?  (Read 6362 times)
joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 11, 2009, 04:14:07 PM

And no one has answered the question about Philly Pizza.

Hopefully they don't use cheez whiz instead of mozzarella.
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »

Quote from: mike on February 11, 2009, 04:39:30 AM

Another vote for Pats, just to say that you did it. Then forget about it.Take a gander,

There's no cheese on your fries.  And where's the cherry soda?  WTF?

icon_wink

Quote from: Harkonis on February 11, 2009, 05:36:22 AM

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on February 10, 2009, 10:31:39 PM

Quote from: cheeba on February 10, 2009, 10:21:55 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 10, 2009, 10:19:57 PM

Okay. It may be my uncultured (cultured?) palette talking, but cheez whiz on a meat sandwich sounds disgusting.
Hence the overratedness of the cheesesteak.

Indeed.  A so-called "real" cheesesteak with "Cheez Whiz" processed food product is garbage.

If you're going to indulge, get yourself a good cheesesteak with quality steak and cheese instead.

hopefully Pete can forgive me for this opinion... (hell, I hate tomatoes, yet loved the tomato based lasagna I ate at Casa de Rock)

Cheez Whiz is disgusting, sandwiches with Cheez Whiz are disgusting.  Philly Cheese Steak style sandwiches with real cheese instead of the processed crap are really good. 

smile

On Sunday I made my lasagna for some friends and we continue to tell the story how our friend who doesn't like tomatoes ate three mamma-jamma bricks of my tomato-based lasagna in one sitting.   icon_cool

Micah only got two down and when he went for three his girlfriend cut him off.   icon_lol  

The point is, if you're going to try something the way it's "meant" to be eaten, the moment you start changing variables you move away from a true experience.  For example, when Chicago played in the Super Bowl a few years ago we had a party for friends from Chicago.  We ordered flash-frozen deep-dish pizzas and all necessary hot dog supplies all from Chicago, including the poppy-seed buns, cheap local knock-off mustard, celery salt, the funny blue-ish colored relish, the little green peppers, etc.  While I might prefer hot dogs with just ketchup/mustard/onion/relish, I had to eat my first hot dog the "Chicago way" to get the full experience, which meant steaming the bun and then topping it all with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, blue-ish relish, cheap mustard, and most importantly, celery salt.  Sure it was good, and it wasn't my preferred way to eat a hot dog, but at least I did it the "right" way the first time.

Eat a cheesesteak any way you want.  But I wouldn't knock a wiz wit until you've actually tried it.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 04:51:57 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 11, 2009, 04:14:07 PM

And no one has answered the question about Philly Pizza.

It's an eastern-style pizza, like New York or the Jersey Shore.  Thin crust (not wafer thin, but thinner than what you'd get in Chicago and thinner than sicilian pizza), red sauce with a pinch of sugar to balance the acidity, and cheese.  Nothing beats folding a piece of pizza in half and letting the grease drip onto your paper plate.  But the crust is the best part of the pizza, just as the roll is the best part of a cheesesteak.

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 05:06:02 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 10, 2009, 10:08:37 PM

Quote from: cheeba on February 10, 2009, 09:45:25 PM

Personally, I've tried a couple, and I think the cheesesteak is perhaps the most overrated sandwich in the world. They're not bad, mind you, it's just that they're not good enough for people to get all possessive about them and care what is real and what is not. I'd much rather have a good corned beef.

ban

You simply disagree with everything, don't you.

It's a regional thing, and to those from the area cheesesteaks are a way of life, just as peaches are important to Georgia, pizza is king in Chicago, and hot dogs are synonymous with Coney Island. 

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 10, 2009, 08:32:25 PM

Hmm?

I have had cheesesteaks all over Philadelphia.  Geno's, Pat's, Jim's, Tony Luc's, and it may have something to do with aquiring a taste for the place I visit most often, but my preference has always been Pat's.  Jim's doesn't provide enough wiz on the steak, plus the meat is over-seasoned, Geno's is too clean and the neon lights are unnecessary, Tony Luc's is overrated and in my opinion one of the worst places in Philly, and so I would strongly recommend Pat's (we may have even taken Caveman there when my wife and I were in town, or perhaps it was with my friend Beef after an Eagles game).  They have the best bread as well, and bread is what truly elevates a sandwich from good to great.  A friend recently visited Philly and hit both Pat's and Geno's, and being able to compare the two side-by-side even he arrived at the same conclusion, that Pat's is superior. 

And disregard anyone who suggests that Pat's is a "tourist" place.  They've been around since 1930 and are said to be responsible for creating the fabled sandwich.  And having been going to Pat's for over 24 years, I would argue that they make the best cheesesteak in Philly.

When you get to the window just order a "wiz wit".  Forget provolone, american, or any other kind of cheese.  You can get mushrooms if you want, but the standard way to eat a steak is "wiz wit."  If you want mushrooms then get a "mushroom wiz wit."  The "wit" is for "with fried onions."  But that's all you get at the first window.  Don't even think about ordering a soda or french fries.  That's done at the second window.

Once you get your steak then move down the line and get your soda and fries at the next window.  Then find a seat and enjoy the local delicacy.

If you follow these easy steps no one will even know you're from out of town.   

I had to laugh because the process you described reminded me of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on February 11, 2009, 05:06:02 PM

I had to laugh because the process you described reminded me of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi.

Kind of.  Once I watched a group of sorority girls walk up to the window and proceed to order like this:

"I.....uuuuum......want a cheesesteak.........with........um......like........american........and.......um.......lettuce.........and tomatoes........well, maybe no tomato........nah.....like gimme the tomato anyway.........and........a diet soda."

Normally you'd be scolded for ordering so poorly, you'd be told that sodas aren't sold at that window, and then you'd be kicked out of line and they'd move right on to the next person.  This time around they just said, "Okay," and slid the usual steak with fried onions and covered in more cheese whiz than I had ever seen in my life.  No lettuce, no tomatoes (FYI, they don't offer lettuce, tomatoes, etc), just a steak slathered in whiz, and then yelled "NEXT!" and moved on to the next person.  The look on the girl's face was priceless.   icon_lol

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2009, 07:43:28 PM »

Not sure what was the point of the diet soda, might as well get some real flavorful soda.  The Birch beer style root beer is actually really good with the sandwich, replaces cherry cola nicely.  That or a black cherry wishniak.

I actually have a decent chain cheesesteak place next to where I live, it's one of the original Philly's bests before it went chain.  Not that authentic, but good nonetheless.  All this talk makes me want one.

Unfortunately, checking the nutritional info that thing is two meals in one, not so good for my diet.  frown

But thankfully, an hour's workout burns off half those calories...   icon_twisted
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2009, 07:55:16 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 11, 2009, 04:50:01 PM

Eat a cheesesteak any way you want.  But I wouldn't knock a wiz wit until you've actually tried it.

This.  I've always been a 'don't knock it till you've tried it' person for everything.  I'm of the mind that I'll try anything once, maybe twice.

I hate cheeze wiz.  I actually hate all 'artificial' cheese.  Generally speaking I don't even like most yellow cheese.  But if I for some godforsaken reason found myself in Philadelphia, you'd be damn sure I'd get the Wiz Wit (with mushrooms, actually) that Pete mentioned.  People are religious about it for a reason.  Then, if I hate it, I will trash it on the Internets.  But only then.

gellar
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2009, 07:57:16 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 11, 2009, 07:55:16 PM

This.  I've always been a 'don't knock it till you've tried it' person for everything.  I'm of the mind that I'll try anything once, maybe twice.

I hate cheeze wiz.  I actually hate all 'artificial' cheese.  Generally speaking I don't even like most yellow cheese.  But if I for some godforsaken reason found myself in Philadelphia, you'd be damn sure I'd get the Wiz Wit (with mushrooms, actually) that Pete mentioned.  People are religious about it for a reason.  Then, if I hate it, I will trash it on the Internets.  But only then.

gellar

Wow, you're on a roll.  Again, I totally agree. (See SUV thread for details)

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »

I must've added extra reasonable to my cappuccino this morning.

gellar
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2009, 08:03:21 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 11, 2009, 07:55:16 PM

gellar

I agree with this, and I almost always try something even if I don't think I'll like it.  (see the above lasagna reference. smile )   

I've tried hotdogs the chicago way (I hate em) and I also hate chicago style pizza.  I've tried them though.  I won't be putting Cheez Whiz on anything myself but I would try it that way if in Philly (which I doubt I will be).
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 11, 2009, 05:42:39 PM

Quote from: DamageInc on February 11, 2009, 05:06:02 PM

I had to laugh because the process you described reminded me of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi.

Kind of.  Once I watched a group of sorority girls walk up to the window and proceed to order like this:

"I.....uuuuum......want a cheesesteak.........with........um......like........american........and.......um.......lettuce.........and tomatoes........well, maybe no tomato........nah.....like gimme the tomato anyway.........and........a diet soda."

Normally you'd be scolded for ordering so poorly, you'd be told that sodas aren't sold at that window, and then you'd be kicked out of line and they'd move right on to the next person.  This time around they just said, "Okay," and slid the usual steak with fried onions and covered in more cheese whiz than I had ever seen in my life.  No lettuce, no tomatoes (FYI, they don't offer lettuce, tomatoes, etc), just a steak slathered in whiz, and then yelled "NEXT!" and moved on to the next person.  The look on the girl's face was priceless.   icon_lol

Were they all blond?

Fantastic story, by the way.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2009, 08:24:03 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 11, 2009, 08:06:15 PM

Fantastic story, by the way.

I've got another one.  The night after our wedding we rented a limo bus, packed it full of all of the leftover booze and beer from our wedding, all of our closest friends piled on, and we traveled all around Philadelphia drinking heavily with our own designated driver.  We hit all of our favorite bars, and once all of the bars closed we headed to Pat's. 

The line went around the building, across Wharton Avenue, and into the adjacent neighborhood.  I think we waited about two hours for steaks.  But we had the limo bus nearby and the driver acted as our own personal bartender, handing us beers from the bus while we waited in line.

As we waited in line, one of our less intelligent friends started to panic about potentially being sent to the back of the line for ordering incorrectly.  He had "heard stories."  Probably some from me.   icon_twisted

While he paced back and forth I offered to "coach" him in how to order correctly so that he could practice before the actual "event." 

Me:  Okay, first, what kind of cheese do you want?

Him:  I like provolone, so I guess I want provolone.

Me:  No, you're getting cheese whiz. 

Him:  Okay.

Me:  Now, do you want onions? 

Him:  Absolutely. 

Me:  Then you want a "wiz wit."

Him:  But what about the onions?

Me:  That's what the "wit" is for.

Him:  How do they know what kind of cheese I want?

Me:  That's the "wiz" part.

Him:  Wouldn't I ask for a cheesesteak with onions?

Me:  Do you want to go to the back of the line?

Him:  <<looks around>>   icon_eek  NO!

Me:  Then just practice saying, "Yo, wiz wit."  You'll be fine.

Him:  Can I get mushrooms?

Me:  Sure.  Then you want a "mushroom wiz wit."

Him:  But wouldn't I order a cheesesteak with mushrooms?

Me:  You could, but then you wouldn't get any onions.

Him:  But I want onions.

Me:  Then order a mushroom wiz wit.

Him:  Wouldn't I need to say "with onions?"

Me:  No, because that's what the "wit" is for.  They'll know.  Trust me.

Him:  But I don't want to eat the tomato.

<<hysterical laughter from everyone in line>>

Me:   saywhat

Him:  Okay, fine.  I'll eat the tomato.

<<more hysterical laughter from everyone in line>>

Him:  So, I want a mushroom steak with onions, right?

Me:  But then you won't get any cheese.

Him:  Why not?  Because I didn't say "wit?"

Me:  No, because that's for the onions.  You're not practicing.  Work with me here:  "mushroom wiz wit."  Three words.  That's it.  You can do it.  Just don't order a soda.

Him:  But I'm thirsty.

Me:  That's at the 2nd window.

Him:  Can I get french fries?

Me:  Absolutely.  Also at the 2nd window. 

Him:   icon_eek

Some time passes by, I've got my steak and I'm stuffing it in my maw as if I hadn't eaten in decades, and our terrified friend's sister was alongside me doing the same thing.  Next thing we know our terrified friend comes sprinting down the sidewalk with his cheesesteak held high over his head as if it were some sort of special trophy.  He had the biggest grin on his face we had ever seen.

The entire way he was yelling "I DID IT!  I DID IT!  I DIDN'T GET SENT TO THE BACK OF THE LINE!" while a crowd of locals just looked on in confusion.  He completely skipped the french fry/soda window, bypassed the napkins, and just ran straight to us in order to share his triumph. 

Me:  Then where the hell are your mushrooms?

Him:  <<looks down at his steak>>  icon_eek  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2009, 08:32:26 PM »

I honestly don't understand how this is so difficult.

It's like my favorite bar in SF.  If I go, it's typically early on a Tues-Thurs evening.  That's when Rico bartends.  Rico is best described as your angry, belligerent, borderline abusive uncle.  You know the guy.  You do not string order with Rico.  You do not go 'um... I dunno, let's see...' when Rico comes to you.  If you are at the bartop and you are without a drink, Rico assumes you are ready to order.  If you are not or do not, or do so poorly, you are not served by Rico for the rest of the goddamn evening until shift change.  I have explained this to many friends.  I do not understand why some cannot do it.  I am always the one who orders the round.

Ordering food and drink: not that difficult, people.

gellar
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2009, 09:39:54 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 11, 2009, 08:03:21 PM

I've tried hotdogs the chicago way (I hate em)

Chicago style is the only way to eat a hot dog.  I thought I had eaten hot dogs until I went to Chicago and had one.  I quickly realized this is how they should be done.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2009, 09:51:17 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 11, 2009, 09:39:54 PM

Chicago style is the only way to eat a hot dog.  I thought I had eaten hot dogs until I went to Chicago and had one.  I quickly realized this is how they should be done.

I grew up in Phillipsburg, NJ, near a place called "Toby's Cup."  The hot dogs were deep-fried in fat, and then served on a steamed bun with mustard, diced raw onions, and a pickle.  That's it.  For me, there is no other way to eat a hot dog.  Chicago dogs are good, but they're no Toby's.

Toby's is even listed on Wikipedia under "Hot Dog Variations."   icon_eek  Along with Jimmy's and Pott's as well.  What a small world.   
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:54:04 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43:50 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 11, 2009, 09:39:54 PM

Absolutely love Chicago dogs. However, since Nathan's hot dogs and sauerkraut exist, I can't deem them "the only way to eat a hot dog".

EDIT: Oh man, I just read that wikipedia article and am so hungry. So many hot dogs I need to try. (and Fenway Franks do not belong on that list. They are bland as anything.)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:48:57 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2009, 11:28:12 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 11, 2009, 09:51:17 PM

Toby's is even listed on Wikipedia under "Hot Dog Variations."   icon_eek  Along with Jimmy's and Pott's as well.  What a small world.   

From Wiki:

A Chicago-style hot dog is a steamed Red Hot Chicago, Vienna Beef or Dave Berg hot dog topped with sliced/diced/wedged tomatoes, cucumbers, both a dill pickle spear and sweet pickle relish (a particularly bright green style of relish, referred to as "nuclear green" relish), yellow mustard directly on the sausage, finished with celery salt, and served on a steamed poppy seed bun. Pickled hot peppers ("sport peppers") and chopped or grilled onions are sometimes optional, but usually included by default.

Did I neglect to mention that I will be returning to Chicago soon too.  drool drool

The only thing that gets me is the sweet pickle relish...blech!

In any event, the next few weeks are going to be hell on my shrinking waistline...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:30:03 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2009, 11:55:32 PM »

Chicago?  In February or March?  Your boss hates you, man.

gellar
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 02:49:21 AM »

Quote from: gellar on February 11, 2009, 11:55:32 PM

Chicago?  In February or March?  Your boss hates you, man.

gellar

My Choice!

I love Chicago!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 04:08:57 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on February 10, 2009, 09:45:25 PM

Geno's has this thing where you must order in English. I'm sure there's more to it, but a bunch of panties got all in a... well, bunch.

Edit - Ah, here we go:

Wow.  Why don't they just add a sign that says "No Jews Allowed"  while they're at it?
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2009, 05:53:15 AM »

Probably because most Jews in America can speak English.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2009, 06:24:16 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on February 12, 2009, 05:53:15 AM

Probably because most Jews in America can speak English.

Ok. That's pretty funny.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2009, 08:42:11 AM »

Unless, of course, they speak Yiddish.   icon_twisted
mike
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2009, 09:07:25 AM »

I don't want to rain on Pete's parade here, but he's just wrong on so many levels. The desert heat may have clouded his memory.

First, there is no such thing as Philly pizza, it's the same as New York pizza. If you want to taste unique pizza in PA you have to travel to Old Forge. Look it up, it's the one thing that shitty little town is famous for.

Second, if you want a historic dog, you go to Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville NJ, been there since 1944. A dog with a pickle! Johnny's did it long before this Toby's place.

Third, the things Primanti Bother's concoct is not a "sammich".  I was just there three weeks ago, and everyone pronounced it "sandwich". In fact, I just saw a Travel Channel show called "Sandwich Paradise" today. Of course Primanti's was featured, and the owners as well as everyone else pronounced it "sandwich".

And last, but I'll admit this is a personal thing, Philly cheesesteaks suck. Get a steak and cheese anywhere else and it's better. Raw onions, American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo....yumm. Or perhaps provalone, fried onions, mushrooms, and tomato sauce, equally as good.

Not trying to be nasty, but there are many things PA is famous for...potholes, unemployment, coal-crackcer accents, sinkholes, and a few good things of which I can't think of at the moment.

Oh yeah, the Phillies and the Steelers, other than that, you ain't missing much Pete.

/\/\ike
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2009, 03:44:11 PM »

Quote from: mike on February 12, 2009, 09:07:25 AM

I don't want to rain on Pete's parade here, but he's just wrong on so many levels. The desert heat may have clouded his memory.

First, there is no such thing as Philly pizza, it's the same as New York pizza. If you want to taste unique pizza in PA you have to travel to Old Forge. Look it up, it's the one thing that shitty little town is famous for.

You're not following.  No one's claimed that Philly pizza is unique, just that you can find fantastic pizza in Philadelphia.  Sensuous used the phrase "Philly Pizza." 

Second, if you want a historic dog, you go to Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville NJ, been there since 1944. A dog with a pickle! Johnny's did it long before this Toby's place.

Long before?  If you consider 6 or 7 years "long before."  Toby's has been in business for more than 50 years.  They opened in the early 50's, which isn't long after Hot Dog Johnny's.  The point that you missed yet again is that hot dogs are regional.  There is no "perfect" hot dog.  However, when you grow up around a certain style you grow accustomed to that style as the standard.  I grew up near Toby's.  And their dogs, for me, are some of the best.  But I'd say Jimmy's in Easton has pretty darn good hot dogs as well, also served the same way, with mustard, pickle, and raw onions.  Both are part of the history of Phillipsburg and Easton.  Just as quoits are.

Third, the things Primanti Bother's concoct is not a "sammich".  I was just there three weeks ago, and everyone pronounced it "sandwich". In fact, I just saw a Travel Channel show called "Sandwich Paradise" today. Of course Primanti's was featured, and the owners as well as everyone else pronounced it "sandwich".

Roll Eyes

Wrong again.  Go "dahn-tahn" with some life-long locals and get back to me.  My wife's entire family was born and raised in Pittsburgh.  I know a little about the local customs and phrases and have been constantly exposed to it for the past 9 years.   

And last, but I'll admit this is a personal thing, Philly cheesesteaks suck. Get a steak and cheese anywhere else and it's better. Raw onions, American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo....yumm. Or perhaps provalone, fried onions, mushrooms, and tomato sauce, equally as good.

ban

When did cheeba get an alt?

Not trying to be nasty, but there are many things PA is famous for...potholes, unemployment, coal-crackcer accents, sinkholes, and a few good things of which I can't think of at the moment.

Oh yeah, the Phillies and the Steelers, other than that, you ain't missing much Pete.

I'm from the Philly area.  Spent the first 28 years of my life there.  I am a bit more familiar with what the area is famous for, and while the Steelers may be famous in the Pensyltucky area, the Eagles take precedence anywhere east of Harrisburg.

Sensuous wanted to know where to get a real "Philly Cheesesteak."  Whether you prefer a "steak and cheese" is irrelevant.  Coming into a thread about Philly cheesesteaks and simply saying "Philly cheesesteaks suck" doesn't add much to the conversation and risks labels like "troll." 

Local "isms" are common in any region, and while you may not have heard the term "sammich", spend a little time with folks who have lived in Pittsburgh for their entire lives.  Odds are you probably didn't hear phrases like "dahn-tahn", or "drag up," but I assure you that they are also parts of local "Pittsburghese."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:07:06 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »

Can't wait for post number 3  Tongue

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »

It's sammich.

Philly cheesesteaks are great.  Other cheesesteaks are great, but they're not philly cheesesteaks. 

Philly pizza is what gets thrown at you during an Eagles game in Veterans Stadium if you're wearing a Giants shirt.

Hot Dogs are nasty.  But tasty.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 12, 2009, 03:44:11 PM

Someone else was bound to be as reasonable as me sooner or later.
Coming into a thread about Philly cheesesteaks and simply saying "Philly cheesesteaks suck" doesn't add much to the conversation and risks labels like "troll."
Oh noes, not the dreaded troll label! Anything but that! Threatening people with a troll label doesn't add much to the conversation, Petie, and risks labels like "douche."

It seems to me like a thread where someone is asking about philly cheesesteaks is the perfect place in which to offer an opinion that philly cheesesteaks suck. They don't quite suck, they're ok, but come on, a good corned beef is like at least 10x better. And the BLT? Holy shit, the philly cheesesteak wishes it could be the BLT's bitch.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2009, 05:13:12 PM »

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2009, 05:17:21 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on February 12, 2009, 05:10:06 PM

They don't quite suck, they're ok, but come on, a good corned beef is like at least 10x better. And the BLT? Holy shit, the philly cheesesteak wishes it could be the BLT's bitch.

You are a very sick man.  Seek medical attention immediately.  smile

Get this man a taste bud transplant, stat!

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »

Coming into a thread about Philly cheesesteaks and simply saying "Philly cheesesteaks suck" doesn't add much to the conversation and risks labels like "troll."
Oh noes, not the dreaded troll label! Anything but that! Threatening people with a troll label doesn't add much to the conversation, Petie, and risks labels like "douche."

It seems to me like a thread where someone is asking about philly cheesesteaks is the perfect place in which to offer an opinion that philly cheesesteaks suck. They don't quite suck, they're ok, but come on, a good corned beef is like at least 10x better. And the BLT? Holy shit, the philly cheesesteak wishes it could be the BLT's bitch.

icon_lol

At first I found you irritating.  Now I see you're merely comical.   

Is traffic in R&P so slow that you're forced to frequent the Off-Topic threads now?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:32:46 PM by PeteRock » Logged

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2009, 05:31:34 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 12, 2009, 05:22:38 PM

At first I found you irritating.  Now I see you're merely comical.   

Is traffic in R&P so slow that you're forced to frequent the Off-Topic threads now?
Internet discussions should rarely be treated seriously. Glad you're beginning to figure that out. However, that doesn't mean the philly cheesesteak doesn't still wish to be the BLT's bitch. And I post whenever there's a topic that interests me.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2009, 05:41:37 PM »

Sensuous started a thread about where to have a "real" Philly cheesesteak, which is not the same as asking for forum opinions on the actual quality of said sandwich.  Reading comprehension and all that.

Perhaps this is also an appropriate place to indicate that your poor taste in sandwiches rivals your poor ability to participate in discussions, as you first have to understand said discussion before participating in it. 

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »

Nothing in this world can compare to my dear, departed Bennigans Monte Cristo.

I still cry myself to sleep over the chain's bankruptcy.   crybaby

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

Nice!  thumbsup

I wonder if we all took a break from GT- mutally- as in KD shut down the forum for 30 days (assuming we all survived the withdrawal) and came back if our bouts of infighting would cool off and we could start fresh.

Now I can see the validity of fighting over one of the best games released in 2008 or whether a team is overrated (not saying one way or the other  paranoid  icon_wink), but fighting over sandwiches?

Surely this is a new low.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Please Note: Paragraphs one and two are meant to be seriously taken. Paragraph's 3 and 4 are tongue in cheek.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 12, 2009, 05:55:38 PM

Now I can see the validity of fighting over one of the best games released in 2008 or whether a team is overrated (not saying one way or the other  paranoid  icon_wink), but fighting over sandwiches?

Damnit, man...sammiches are worth fighting over!!!!   icon_biggrin

Plus, if we want to start a new low, I'm sure we can find some other topic.  How about homosexual necrophilia?

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2009, 06:04:37 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on February 12, 2009, 06:02:06 PM

Plus, if we want to start a new low, I'm sure we can find some other topic.  How about homosexual necrophilia?

But how do you know if the corpse is homosexual?  Wait, nevermind.   ninja

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »

That is whack.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2009, 06:07:11 PM »

You forget, this is Philadelphia we're talking about.  While natives might fight with people from other regions about the cheesesteak in general, we also fight amongst ourselves about where to get the best cheesesteak.  We'll fight about anything.    

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 12, 2009, 06:06:02 PM

That is whack.

I stole it from the great Sam Kinison...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: