http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 09:50:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: so i was watching tv....  (Read 1544 times)
jimmyorr99
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2004, 08:02:23 PM »

i was watching whose line is it anyway? on abc the other day and i saw the add for the lost, im not usually a fan of tv series, but this looks pretty cool. anyone else seen it?

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

Yeah, Matthew Fox from Party of Five looks to be the main character.  It looks interesting, although with ABCs recent track record it may be gone within a few weeks of starting unless it hits a home run in the ratings department.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 11:12:54 PM »

I thought it looked good -- until I saw it was a series.  As a mini-series I don't think it would be bad, but doing it week in and week out I don't know where it's going to get its legs.  It didn't strike me as a Gilligan's Island type comedy so watching one misadventure after another on a deserted island (which is obviously not deserted in the first place) doesn't really sound too fun to me.

I could be wrong, but I'd love to hear any other opinions on what they plan to do to make people want to keep watching it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 02:49:28 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I It didn't strike me as a Gilligan's Island type comedy so watching one misadventure after another on a deserted island (which is obviously not deserted in the first place) doesn't really sound too fun to me.

well its not a comedy at all, its more of a thriller as i take it. it does have comedic elements but i think thats a dose of realism added by the director (who did alias as well)

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 03:25:37 PM »

Well, the creator of Alias ain't on what I'd call a "hot streak" right now. That being said, some big talent writers are migrating to "Lost" and they have a huge frickin' cast of characters to pick and choose from. I think the rotating cast is pushing either close to or north of 20, and with writers from Angel, Smallville, Alias and other solid genre shows coming on board, it could prove interesting for at least a while.

I do agree with AgtFox about its chances for survival, but ABC is still languishing in the ratings trying to figure out how to get back on top. At the moment, I think they'll try something different. For at least two weeks. smile

It's not like FOX who mercilessly FUBAR's and then kills the best shows of their respective seasons without giving them a chance (witness last year's "Wonderfalls" - easily the best show on prime time during all four weeks it aired :x).

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 03:54:31 PM »

yeah fox it pretty bad. your right about the director, but i think alias was well done. i think he did a good job with that show, so im going to trust him with this one. i think his name is jj abrams. and your right, there are a ton of people, from all over the place. from jump start actors up to dominic monahan of lotr.

Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 05:40:56 PM »

From the blog of Ragnar Tornquist

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 07:50:08 PM »

thats pretty cool thanks, how did he get to watch the pilot? man i wish i was in on whatever he is.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 06:19:16 PM »

Ok, more info on Lost besides Matthew Fox, Dominic Monaghan (sp?) form LOTR will also be in this. I really liked him in the trilogy and I am expecting no less in this. The pilot airs September 22nd, which is good to hear. So its about a month away, Im still trying to get some type of info on the "big secret" that is in here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: