http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 07:02:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, I just had my worst day at work ever...  (Read 691 times)
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:46:09 AM »

So, I'm a tattooer. I've been a professional tattooer for 13 years, 10 of which is in an old-time street shop on the dodgy end of town. I've seen some shit go down, so when I say this is my worst day you can damn sure believe it.

So I'm working 7 days a week, but I usually do one of those "on call". I only live a couple of miles away and the boss calls me in if I'm needed. Last night I got the call as I was sitting down to dinner and head on over to the shop. My client is a middle aged couple who live a couple of hours away, in town for a weekend at the beach. She wants some flowers on her foot to fill a gap between 2 existing tattoos, so I spend about 40 minutes or so drawing them up and we finally arrive at the design. I get her the paperwork, she uses the restroom, I set-up everything and we get ready to do the tattoo.

About 5 minutes into the tattoo she apologizes and says she needs the restroom again. I get that hinkey feeling that I get when somethings isn't right (this is 10 minutes after her last trip to the bathroom). Now my station is a little small and I'm a big dude, so i'm sort of wedged into a corner with the tattoo chair taking up the bulk of the space in the center. She comes back and we start again. We have maybe 7 minutes of the outline and she asks for a break, she feels weird. Ok, no problem. I hand her a moist paper towel to place on the back of her neck and ask her if she wants to lie back for a couple. She belches, says "That was just a burp, i'm not going to puke" and then proceeds to projectile vomit all over herself, myself and the entire room. The ceiling had puke on it. I have a cork board behind me with drawings on it, the entire board was covered in puke. I had puke on my head, all over my shoulders (from a distance of about 3 feet mind you), it got into the pockets of my cargo shorts.

So this lady starts wailing and crying and leaps up screaming how pissed she is, she can't believe that happened, she's been waiting and waiting to get her tattoo. She runs into the bathroom. Now her significant other is career military, back home from the sandbox. I'm sure he's seen some shit and he's looking at me wide eyed. He says he can't believe that happened (yeah pal, neither can I) and apologizes and asks if he can clean it up. I walk out of the room shedding puke (it sorta looked like pineapple) and go get the boss. Meanwhile my clients comes out screaming and crying and saying she can't believe that happened to her, how pissed she is, how much she wanted her tattoo. I say "Well, you can imagine how I feel". She never once  addresses me or apologizes to me.

They leave, I go home to shower, the boss cleans the shop. I wasted two hours and got covered in vomit and didn't make one thin nickle. Indeed, I tossed out around 50 bucks in materials and lost about 20 hours of drawings.

I go home and my wife expresses her sympathy while simultaneously laughing her ass off and gagging.

TL;DR - Went into work during dinner and got puked on by a client.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:56:36 AM by WorkingMike » Logged
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »

That sucks, dude.  Sorry to hear about the bad day. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 01:10:29 AM »

Dude, you have been given the gift of being able to top any bad day at work story ever. Hell, you can beat damn near any story. This is comedy gold, Jerry.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:58:54 AM by Suitably Ironic Moniker » Logged

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:12:00 AM »

Gross. You have my sympathies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 01:49:07 AM »

That's the kind of bad work day that puts other bad work days in perspective.  Sorry to hear about your drawings.  It sounds like a scene from an exorcist movie.  I really hope she didn't have something like the norovirus, or your bad day will unfortunately last for another 3-5 days.   
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 02:02:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm really hoping I don't pick up a bug from her.

I feel kinda bad for the guy, he was a pretty nice fella and I'm sure his awesome weekend at the beach is pretty ruined.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 02:13:38 AM »

I find it a little disappointing that she didn't apologize or at least drop you a fat tip for your trouble.

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 02:24:48 AM »

wow just wow, what a fucked day....
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 03:59:52 AM »

Metalhed still has you beat, but that's pretty awful.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 04:59:01 AM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on February 21, 2013, 03:59:52 AM

Metalhed still has you beat, but that's pretty awful.
This^^^
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57:39 AM »

What the hell was she doing in the bathroom?  Force feeding herself ipecac?  Yeesh....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »

Brutal.  But funny!
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »

Vomit aside, was she hot?

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 09:58:04 PM »

Quote from: WorkingMike on February 21, 2013, 12:46:09 AM

(it sorta looked like pineapple)

But what did it taste like?
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 11:00:49 PM »

I cant believe you were able to hold it down, I dont think would of.

and yeah..Metalheds story is my all time favorite, so awful and so damn funny at the same time.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: