http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 11:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I broke my brother in law's finger in 3 places yesterday  (Read 829 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »

Last night we had the in-laws over for an early mother's day gathering.  My brother in law and his son brought over the football, and we throwing it around after dinner. 

I threw the ball to my Brother in Law and it jammed his finger.   We ended up playing another 30 mins thinking it was just dislocated finger.  When we got inside we checked the damage and his finger was really swollen.  We still figured it was dislocated, he even popped it back in place.  This morning he went to the doctor, and turns out I broke his finger in 3 places. 

I think I need to try out for the niners.  I always had a good arm and decent aim.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »

I broke someones thumb throwing a football. 

warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »

Remind me not to shake your hand.
noun
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 06:07:47 PM »

Your brother in law sounds kinda feeble.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 06:37:22 PM »

hardly.  He played through it for over an half our.  Afterwards we were moving furniture.  At one point we had to move a bed, and that was the last straw for him, you could see the pain shoot to his head. 

Brittle might be word you're looking for Tongue
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 06:40:12 PM »

Hmm... there isn't anyplace I can insert a joke asking if you punched him in the nose.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 12:21:24 AM »

Quote from: naednek on May 06, 2007, 06:37:22 PM

hardly.  He played through it for over an half our.  Afterwards we were moving furniture.  At one point we had to move a bed, and that was the last straw for him, you could see the pain shoot to his head. 

Brittle might be word you're looking for Tongue
I broke my pinkie playing basketball once, and played for about half an hour before finally admitting something was wrong. It hurt, but not so bad that I knew it wasn't anything worse than a jam. It wasn't until it still felt bad after those 30 minutes that I stopped.
Which is to say, I'm not very tough about pain.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 02:15:38 PM »

In 8th grade I convinced my parents to play football for school.  Deal was I could play but if I got hurt then it was over.

Anyway one day the coach had me tryout for QB and overall didn't do too bad.  He had said I did really good.  Next day before practice we were throwing balls around waiting for people to finish getting pads on etc.  Guy threw me a ball real low and I reached down to catch it.  Felt like I jammed my pinky on it and hurt like hell.  Tried to shake it off and picked up the ball to throw it back.  The ball felt like it had a huge bulging lump in it.  Look over at my left hand and my pinky was completely broke in half jetting outward.  Didn't break the skin and without even thinking I popped it back in place.

Holy shit did that hurt.  Went to coach and explained.  Mom camed picked me up and took me to the ER.  And with that my hall of fame football career came to an end before it even got started.  paranoid

Regards,
Pig
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 02:18:59 PM »

Psssht. I played 18 holes of golf and a game of pickup basketball the day after breaking one of the middle toes (you know, the ones you need to be able to pivot, plant, shoot, jump, etc). It was pretty painful.
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »

Quote from: Bulletpig on May 07, 2007, 02:15:38 PM

In 8th grade I convinced my parents to play football for school.
Didn't this give your team an unfair advantage?

My younger brother and I were playing street football and he ran into a parked car while looking over his shoulder for the bomb I was tossing.  He turned around, started jogging towards where the ball was, acting normally for about 30 seconds, then he doubled over in pain.  He had broken 3 fingers and his wrist.  I watched it swell up as we started icing it down and calling the appropriate medical people.  Ouch.

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »

Quote from: WarPig on May 07, 2007, 04:32:47 PM

Quote from: Bulletpig on May 07, 2007, 02:15:38 PM

In 8th grade I convinced my parents to play football for school.
Didn't this give your team an unfair advantage?

You had me laughing out loud! Nice one.

When I first read the topic line I thought of the joke "I broke my arm in three places ... once at the top of the hill, once in the middle and once at the bottom."

Sorry to hear your bro's pain, man. That's gotta suck. :wince:

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: