http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 12:31:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how was everyone's weekend?  (Read 1454 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2004, 03:21:15 PM »

Mine was great, and thanks for asking. Had a long stay at work Friday night applying security patches and general PC maintenance, then chilled out with the wife and some great hot pizza from Dominos. Cleaned the house and did laundry Saturday while playing a ton of Fable, then had a fun board game night with some friends Saturday night. Continued doing laundry and playing Fable all day Sunday, then watered the yard, then finished off West Wing season 1 with the wife Sunday night.

Overall, that's the first time in about six months that I've been able to sit down and relax and zone out all weekend long and for the record I feel more invigorated and energetic than I've felt in a long time.

How did you all do?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 03:23:21 PM »

Ye Olde Farte
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 03:28:54 PM »

lessee ... sick Friday & Saturday, coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose, etc. I worked Sunday, so um ... not so great smile

I'm free & clear (of both my cold & my work) today thru Wednesday though, so things are looking up!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 03:54:24 PM »

Well, where to start really. Here it comes, and in way more detail than you  ever wanted, I'm sure.

Friday Night: Was at a friend's house until 3 AM. Watched The Punisher on DVD MST3K style. Even the girlies were laughing. Good times.

Saturday, worked 7AM - 3PM. Came home and crashed on the couch. Woke up at 6:30. Remembered my grandparents, aunt, and others were supposed to arrive at 6 with dinner from Red Lobster.  Walked out into the kitchen, and sure enough there they all are, eating. Turns out I told whomever knocked on my door to go away. I have no memory of this. Ate 3 plates. Went back to sleep. Woke up about 7:45. Decided to play some of the new Counter-Strike. Friends called at 8:30. Left for same house as the night before. Watched Ace Ventura 2 and ate. Many laughs were had. Is this movie retarded? Yes. Do I still laugh when Jim Carrey crawls out of a fake rhino's ass in front of small children? Yes. Went home about 12:30. Pretty early night for me actually. So early in fact, that when I got home I managed to get in about 45 minutes of CS: Source again, with the same guys I played with earlier. They were STILL on.

Sunday: Woke up at 6:30 AM. Called work and asked if they really needed 3 people to come in for the 7 - 3 shift when there wasn't even enough to do to keep one person busy. They said if I wanted to stay home I could. Awesome. I go back to sleep. 10 AM, wake up, get the paper. Watch random worthless TV. Post on internet message baords. Fall back asleep on couch around 11:30. Phone rings at 12:30. It's work, they want me to work 2-10 on a sunday because it's family and friends shopping night. Wee. We closed the store at 8:30 due to a complete and total lack of any customers. The employees had their family and friends finish their shopping much earlier in the day. We thanked them for this. Got hom around 9, played more Counter-Strike Source with same group from before. Good times were had by all.

How's that weekend for you?

Next weekend actually looks to be more hectic. We have a "goodbye" party to go to for someone we really liked that's leaving our garbage workplace for brighter horizons. Good for her. That's on Saturday. Friday will probably suck terribly due to 3 of the 7 people from the "usual group" that we have being out of town. Matter of fact, Friday might be the first friday night in months I've sat around and played video games and just relaxed.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 04:04:29 PM »

Let's see:

-  Worked Friday night until 11:00 (sucked).
-  Brother was in town so we had lunch on Saturday (great).
-  Had to film a softball game for 3 hours for work (sucked).
-  Went to the Utah/North Carolina game Saturday night and watched the  Utes completely destroy the Tar Heels(farking awesome).
-  Watched the Raiders get embarrased by the Broncos (sucked).
-  Played Shadow Hearts 2 for 3 hours without getting yelled at by Mrs. Gratch (good).
-  Somehow came down with Bronchitis and have been hacking up my lungs (really sucks).

Adding up the sucks vs. the non-sucks, I'd say it was an average weekend.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 04:12:34 PM »

Very boring.  I had no money, so the family just sat around the house all weekend.  Did my workouts on Saturday and Sunday and watched football all day Sunday, culminating in watching the Saints lose to the Vikings, which I of course expected.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
JSHAW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 04:15:54 PM »

Mine was non-eventful, just the usual stuff for me;

Friday 6pm - arrived home from work, cooked the wife and I dinner.
Watched tv and was on pc for the rest of the night, went to bed around 12midnight.

Saturday - went over to my uncle's house and picked up a Toshiba pc & monitor that he no longer wanted. Came home, helped wife unpack and put away groceries, ate BBQ that she picked up from takeout and watched tv and was on pc for the rest of the night, went to bed around 1am.

Sunday - watched football games, was on pc and watched tv all day long.
Did not go outside or open apartment door all of sunday. Stayed on pc until the 9th inning of Yankee/Red Sox game, switche to living room tv in the extra innings and fell asleep before it was over, woke up to the local late newscast, went to bed around 145am.

It's Monday, and so far my work day is going smoothly. No disgruntled customers, the day is still young.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 04:36:06 PM »

I had pretty good one.

Friday:
-My birthday!  Met about 20 of my friends at Flying Saucer for drinks.  Around 11 we mosied across the street to a place that serves shots.  Thus begins the only bad part.  I was fed so many in a row, and had enough beers not to turn them down, that I blanked out for about 3 hours.  I never do that and always regulate my drinking!  But apparently I was very entertaining as I danced for everyone.

Saturday:
-no hangover!
-wake up to find my bud had dropped off Burnout 3 for my gift!
-watched some college ball
-went to a 1 yr olds b-day party
-saw Team America (f*ck yeah!)
-brain still rebooting from Friday so I went to bed early

Sunday:
-Cowboys lost frown
-Cardinals lost frown
-Red Sox win smile
-cleaned my place
-went to BB and picked up Midway Treasures Vol. 2 and Ren & Stimpy
-watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind  (great flick!)
MzDarm
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 04:49:14 PM »

Happy Birthday Jancelot!

Friday- DocDarm and I played COH for a while.  I did the respec mission and finally got rid of TP (which I hate with a passion!)

Saturday- Cleaned, bought an outfit for our night out.  Went to a private party, continued the party at home with friends, drank s'more at home.  Finally when I saw the sun come out, I thought it was enough partying for one night, so I  kicked everyone out at 8am.

Sunday- Woke up at 10am. Did grocery and cooked some Paella with  tostones relleno for my "Trinidad "vs" Mayorga" dinner and boxing night.  Friends and family came over.  Afterwards, DocDarm was DIEING to see Team America: World Police.  Saw it, loved it, got back home at 10:30pm.  Had some dessert, then crashed.

BTW-  I survived on Espresso this weekend.

MzDarm
Nueva York
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 04:52:26 PM »

Quote from: "Jancelot"

Friday:
-My birthday!  

-saw Team America (f*ck yeah!)

Happy birthday, Jancelot.

Team America had slipped under my radar. I just watched the trailer over at apple.com and was LMAO.  Can't wait for this DVD.
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 05:31:56 PM »

Let's see...

Friday night made some nachos and watched a Chris Rock dvd with the wife. Did some anatomy & physiology studying since I have a test Tuesday night.

Saturday was spent mostily in the garage cleaning it up and rearranging in preparation of our pumpkin carving party coming up. Hopefully we have some people show up...no RSVP's as of yet. Hate moving to a new area and not having many friends. To far to drive back up to Seattle to attend the huge pumpkin carving party one of my friends has every year. Nothing like competing against real artists for best of show. Did sit down and watch Super Size Me during the evening. I vow to never eat fast food ever again. Not like I did very often so it's not a difficult thing to give up.

Sunday was a day of more studying and watching a little football.

That about sums up my weekend. I have to go down to LA this weekend for business and I can already say it's not going to be fun.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 05:36:35 PM »

Highlights:

Friday- nothing

Saturday- went to see a band that i've never heard of, at a club that i've never been to.
Turned out to be EXCELLENT!
(no cover, cheap booze, good music, great nachos, a couple HOT girls dancing really, well...HOT!!!) biggrin

Sunday- Steelers won!

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 09:18:50 PM »

Saturday - work
Sunday - Finally got around to watching Matrix Revolutions.  Watched the Vikings beat the Saints and then finished watching Aladdin on DVD.  Throw in a nap and some more vegetating on my part and that's my weekend.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: