http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 05:15:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So How's Your Week Going to Be?  (Read 749 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »

Not much on my radar this week. Work, kids' activities.  Trying to start exercising again.  Some bible study. Maybe play some God of War.  Nothing especially special.  Watch a little whale wars on Netflix.

How about you?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:07:35 PM »

Should be pretty good.  I'm in San Francisco this week at a training program.  Staying right downtown, which is really cool.  Get to take my daughter to gymnastics class on Saturday, then I'm seeing Turisas in concert that night. 

Gonna be a good week.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 04:50:31 PM »

Manic! On top of the day job I'm putting together a 3 part interview with a who's who of the apocalyptic horror genre. I'm shooting for writing 10K in my new book, and I have to finish a 10 page screenplay for a workshop on Sunday.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 05:47:01 PM »

I've been working 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day since early December, so I'll be working and sleeping
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »

Major build going in Wednesday at noon, and I've got two important defects on my plate to fix.  Since I'm much more of a "stay late" than "come in early", I'll be shooting to have them finished by end of business tomorrow.  If not, end of business will become "work Late until it's done."  Wed morning will be slow as I await the build, afternoon and Thursday morning will be certification testing.  Hopefully, Friday will be nice and quiet. If so, I might actually be able to take Monday off as the bank holiday that it is. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »

Shaped like a bell curve. Slower day today (going to try out a new board game tonight, actually), but then tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday I have pretty significant stuff to do at client sites, so that'll likely be all-consuming. Then a slower day Friday, capped by trying out a speakeasy I've been wanting to go to for ages with a friend.

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 07:32:04 PM »

This morning we legally finalized the adoption of our son.  So it's all downhill from here smile
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 10:52:41 PM »

Quote from: Laner on February 11, 2013, 07:32:04 PM

This morning we legally finalized the adoption of our son.  So it's all downhill from here smile

Congrats!!

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:55:47 PM »

one day in and I already got the Pope to resign, so it's been fairly productive.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:56:06 PM »

Terrible, as is the norm lately.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 12:32:38 AM »

Started the week with five tests today alone, three in three different classes, and then an exam AND another test in the SAME class.

Statistical validity exam Wednesday, patient assessment exam Friday, and then on to preparing for pharmacogenomics next Tuesday.  I'll be hitting the gym hard as usual, and revisiting the tattoo studio tomorrow to finish what was started last Thursday.  

Odds are alcoholism will be interspersed throughout.

I'll go out on a limb and say that finshing my new tattoo will be the highlight of the week.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 01:52:05 AM »

Routine, I hope. That's all I ever hope for.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 03:44:52 AM »

After a 70% on my Management midterm, I am in panic mode and trying to make sure I am more prepared for the second half of the semester and can save my grade. Plus I have to start writing a paper. Luckily my other class is an easy A so far.

On top of that, I am really considering retiring from my job. I might be unemployed by the end of the year and need to figure out where I should move to.

So basically, I am so stressed right now, this is going to be a very long week. I am scared s***less about the future.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:47:11 AM by Lee » Logged
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 04:44:49 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on February 12, 2013, 01:52:05 AM

Routine, I hope. That's all I ever hope for.

Ill wholeheartedly agree with that. That being said, you ever try to shit before a shower and can't, then 20 minutes after the shower have a huge desire to? That my friends is a real slap in the face!
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 08:39:54 PM »

I applied to two different jobs lately, both of which would be a big step forward in my career. One job is in Orlando where I have a connection to people inside the company, and I know they have recommended me and I've even exchanged brief emails with the person in charge of hiring. He is going over resumes this week, so I could hear something from him any day now. The other job is in Pittsburgh. I actually interviewed for a similar job with this same company back in August, so in addition to applying for the job I sent an email to this guy in the hopes that he would remember me.

So my week will be spent with my phone in hand waiting for either an email or a phone call. I can already tell this is going to be a long week.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »

Good luck MS!  Keep us posted.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »

Bah. I just found out the contact for the Pittsburgh job is not the same guy that I interviewed with before.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »

I figured I'd be playing Colonial Marines.  So much for that.  I hit up my martial arts class and got some good work in yesterday, today is lifting and grocery shopping.  My life is dull folks.  slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 05:55:25 AM »

I thought this week would be crazy with work as its a product release week and I was right - but not for the reasons I thought. I'm in a small office of a larger company and there's only 5 of us working in it and one of the five is on vacation this week. Friday one guy gets the flu so he's out. Monday a second guy gets the flu so he's out. Tuesday a third guy gets sick (unsure if its the flu) so he's out and I'm alone in the office - which is actually great.

So Wednesday one of the flu guys comes back and he's obviouslly still sick. That of course pisses me off since he's set up to work from home. There's no reason to come in and get others sick. But this guy is strange and very subborn and basically stated the reason he came in was he was tired of staying home. I told him to stay away from me, which thankfully he followed up to a point - talking to me at a distance.

Then after lunch I think I hear him calling my name. "Are you calling me?" "Yeah". So I walk over to his cubicle and he's stripped down to his T-Shirt which has blood all over it. WTF! He has a wad of something stuck in his nose and blood all around it and on his face. Major nose bleed from all the sneezing and whatever other sickness shit he brought along. He goes "Can you get me more of these?" and shows me a plasic bag with a few cotton balls in them. That's what he's been sticking up in his nose to try and stop the bleeding but he had like 5 cotton balls left. It was not pretty.

Well I didn't want to be anywhere near this shit so one, had no problem running out to get those for him, and two I'm not that cruel to say no. So I got them and let him do his thing in privacy - plus that bloody T-shirt is awful to see. I figure he's going to head home ASAP but he sticks it out for another few hours. I stay in my area so avoid contact but every once in awhile I see him walking around in that bloody T-shirt. Damn if that didn't help me focus on just doing work.

In any case near the end of the day he pops by. He's got a ton of those cotten balls stuffed in his nose. A third of it is blood red. His nose has been bleeding this entire time! It's pretty terrible to look at. But he gives me the good news that he's going home. Great! Should have left hours ago. Then he says "Do you think they could take care of this [my nose] at CVS?". I'm like "what?" and he says "I don't want to go to this hospital to pay for them to take care of this." Dude! When there's blood involved you don't head to your local chain store pharmasist to fix you up. And shit its not a time to cheap out on your well being. Of course what I actually said was "I doubt it". When I pointed out that he has health insurance he again said he didn't want to spend money on something like this - at this point I wish I had a mirror to show him how gross he currently looked but he's a super frugal guy so not sure his zombified face would phase him.

In any case he left and I was able to relax a bit and finish up my work. Then I went in to the bathroom and while washing up noticed that around the sink there were all these red spotted areas. He clearly was in there and bled on the sink but didn't bother to clean it up. There's water and towels a plenty around. But it didn't surprise me too much as I've caught this guy leave the urinal without flushing. And worse there was one time he went into the stall next to me, did his business, and then walked out of the stall without flushing. Gross. This is a bathroom we share with others on the floor of the building so I hope to god none of the others put their hands anywhere around that sink.

To top it off before heading out I went to pour the rest of my soda in to our office sink and right there on the side of the sink was a blood red thumb print. Ugh. I'm going in to the office tomorrow and sanitizing the shit out of it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:58:30 AM by Crawley » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 06:19:45 AM »

34 hours in three days. The first two days weren't bad, just busy. Of course, today, I break the build and end up with people having to attend a 10:30 pm EST smoke test session for something that should have been done by 7 EST.

At least I have some understanding bosses. Everyone's done it at some point, and it was my turn tonight.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »

This describes my week perfectly:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: