http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 09:40:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So How's Your Week Going to Be? 2/18 Edition  (Read 461 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »

I feel my bi annual sinus/lung infection coming on so hopefully I'll get the timing right on going to the MD for it to be in far enough for me to get meds, but not so far that I'm bed ridden.

Planning on making up a delicious burrito recipe for the family to eat on throughout the week.  Also, it's getting close to the Awana Grand Prix (like the boy scouts pinewood derby) and this year we're actually trying to make some good cars...so we'll be working on those.

Other than that lots and lots of work meetings, having lunch with a good friend on Thursday and taking the kids to their activities.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »

Homebrew club tonight! Unfortunately none of our recent brews are ready (two in secondary, one kegged but without a way to get it easily to the club, one bottled but not fully carbonated yet). Next month should be great for that, as we'll have the equipment to bring properly carbonated draft beer in plus (with any luck) three or four new bottled varieties.

So today is just tasting and thinking up the next thing - probably ordering ingredients for an 80 Shilling ale someone wanted to try.

Work is work and we're just going to see what the rest of the week holds. Considering that last week had System Shock 2 come out, a Longest Journey sequel announced, and an awesome time at a speakeasy in a 1920s gangster costume, this week has its work cut out for it to measure up.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »

Couple of meetings this week on compliance and vendor issues.  Weíve decided system wide to outsource some of  our Medicaid and Medicare appeals and add some concurrent review support and it hasnít been going well.  Some of our physicians arenít happy with the arrangement, so we need to address their concerns.

One the personal front I will be overseeing the roof repairs on my motherís house.  She has a slate roof which drove the price up and I think she has some water damage too.  Fun times

Thatís it off the top of my head

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

Nothing frown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »

Shitty.  Been traveling for the last two weeks straight, so now I get to try and play catch-up on nearly 400 e-mails before hitting the road again next week.

The looming possibility that the government sequestration mess is going to put me out of a job, combined with the stress of the incoming twins is causing me far too many sleepless nights and/or heartburn.

ďMy next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on February 18, 2013, 02:24:04 PM

Nothing frown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Poor Kato. Take up fly fishing.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 03:50:29 PM »

still waiting for my online classes to update the weekly assignments to see how much stuff I have to do, but I'm thinking it might be a bit busy since midterms are coming up.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 03:53:33 PM »

I'm going to take a moment this week to compliment ATB for picking up the "we need more posts" mantle and coming up with a good, community-building way to do so.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 03:55:43 PM »

Very busy. Flew with the entire DC staff back out to California this week. We have a series of meetings and press conferences, followed by an all day retreat at the end of the week, then an airplane ride back east.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 03:57:17 PM »

The course syllabus doesn't tell you CeeKay? Both of my current classes I already know what is coming when.

Another crappy week here, I have to write a paper that I procrastinated on starting last week, so now I have to play catch up. I don't think I have written a paper in 25 years or so, I am so lost. No idea how I am going to fill up 5 pages. Using today to get all the homework done and turned in so I can use the rest of the week to take notes and start that paper.

Awards dinner this Friday so I get to get dressed up and hang out with coworkers for that.

On top of that, continue to stress over what I am going to do with my life.

The high point is Champions League soccer this week!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 04:02:59 PM »

Quote from: Lee on February 18, 2013, 03:57:17 PM

The course syllabus doesn't tell you CeeKay? Both of my current classes I already know what is coming when.

I wish the professors at the community college I started back up at were so organized.  sure, some of them have listings but it'll be something like 'assignment 1 due' or 'midterm paper due' but the actual info on what those are is posted on the online boards.  I'm planning on transferring out either at the end of this semester or the summer one if I can get into one of the better schools nearby.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »

Tonight's probably the highlight; I'm making an Italian fish stew that I only make rarely due to the price of ingredients (the fish are expensive because teaching them Italian is so difficult). Tomorrow's our weekly night out. Wednesday I'm making fettuccine with asparagus in lemon cream sauce that I've only made once before. Thursday the wife is away so I can just broil myself a steak. Friday's pasta fagioli. Saturday the wife's away so I'll heat up a frozen pasty. My weekly menu plan defines my life.

I do have to go to a wake today for a casual acquaintance who died unexpectedly in her sleep -- she had no known health problems, just woke up dead for no apparent reason. She was one year to the day older than me. That's a bit disturbing.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 05:01:10 PM »

Monday-My night off
Tuesday- Work 1830-0630
Wed-  See Tuesday
Thur- See Wed
Fri- See Thur
Sat- See Fri
Sun- See Sat
Monday- My night off again
Rinse and repeat until around April 1st or second when 8 hour shifts should return.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on February 18, 2013, 04:58:43 PM

I do have to go to a wake today for a casual acquaintance who died unexpectedly in her sleep -- she had no known health problems, just woke up dead for no apparent reason. She was one year to the day older than me. That's a bit disturbing.

Sorry to hear about your friends death, but if she's walking around...  I think the human race has other problems

Seriously, my condolences

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 06:13:33 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on February 18, 2013, 05:56:39 PM

Quote from: Ironrod on February 18, 2013, 04:58:43 PM

Sorry to hear about your friends death, but if she's walking around...  I think the human race has other problems

Seriously, my condolences

I've used the phrase "wake up dead" for many years because I would like to believe that one's soul "wakes up" to find that one's body has died. Everybody wakes up dead sooner or later. I don't actually believe that because I don't believe in souls or life after death...but I'd like to. And it amuses me to say it.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: