http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 09:40:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So any one else languishing at work today?  (Read 1448 times)
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2004, 03:37:29 PM »

Hmmm?

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 03:58:22 PM »

I am at work today, but since I don't know was "languishing" means, I'm just going to have to use my default response for today.

Bite me!

:idea:
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 05:14:30 PM »

1 a : to be or become feeble, weak, or enervated b : to be or live in a state of depression or decreasing vitality
2 a : to become dispirited : PINE <languishing in prison> b : to suffer neglect <the bill languished in the Senate for eight months>
3 : to assume an expression of grief or emotion appealing for sympathy

So bored...

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 05:18:36 PM »

I spent the last two days playing nothing but World of Warcraft.

And now I'm here at work again.

I NEED MY DIGITAL CRACK! biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 05:23:02 PM »

Reported in to work and promplty started to surf the net for the next 8 hours.   :wink:
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 05:24:08 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
I spent the last two days playing nothing but World of Warcraft.

And now I'm here at work again.

I NEED MY DIGITAL CRACK! biggrin

hehe Same.  I keep thinking about and planning what I will do with my characters once I get on tonight. Tongue

*sigh*

At least lunch will be here soon.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 05:25:21 PM »

Quote from: "Jag"
Reported in to work and promplty started to surf the net for the next 8 hours.   :wink:

Same here. I have work to do I just can't get in the mood to get anything done after the break yesterday (Pirates! and Gran Turismo 3 all day long)... and it is sooo quiet in the office it's kind of uncomfortable.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 05:35:31 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
Quote from: "Jag"

Same here. I have work to do I just can't get in the mood to get anything done after the break yesterday (Pirates! and Gran Turismo 3 all day long)... and it is sooo quiet in the office it's kind of uncomfortable.

I'm surfing at the moment, but if these other tools would sit down and get to work and stop walking around chatting my cubicle mate and I could get some LAN Dom 2 going.

People can be so inconsiderate. smile

s

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 05:47:38 PM »

I'm working both (yep, you read it right, both) jobs today, 9am-4pm at one and 6:30pm-12:30am at Disneyland.  Same schedule for tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I was also working an 8 hour shift yesterday on Triptophan day.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

No, I went into work Midnight this morning, worked until 10 AM.  At Wal-Mart.  I'm -beat-, and have to go back 10 tonight.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 08:22:50 PM »

Yep, here at Amazon corporate HQ, delivering mail to empty offices. And surfing the net. Lots of that. Thinking I'd rather be home playing WoW

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 08:29:38 PM »

Wow.  In an unprecidented move my boss just called and told us all to go home.  Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. smile

s

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 08:45:33 PM »

The should make Thanksgiving a 2 day holiday.  God knows not much work gets done the Friday after.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 08:53:36 PM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"
Wow.  In an unprecidented move my boss just called and told us all to go home.  Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. smile

s

You suck. Oh well, my inlaws are staying over my house, so i actually may 'work late' to avoid going to dinner with them  biggrin
warning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 09:31:16 PM »

Not only am I languishing at work but my new video card is at home waiting to be played with and now my wife just told me that World of Warcraft just came in the mail.

I wanna go home!
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 10:29:36 PM »

Got lucky and had today off, but I did work the holiday yesterday and will work both Saturday and Sunday.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2004, 11:41:20 AM »

It seems I languish at work almost every day.  I don't know if it's good or bad.

Every seen Office Space where the main character talks about how he sits in front of his computer for two hours and he looks busy, but he's not really doing anything?  That so reminds me of my job most days.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: