http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 10:44:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: So any interest in doing a Forum weight loss challenge?  (Voting closed: January 06, 2008, 07:37:53 PM)
Yes - 17 (94.4%)
No - 1 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So any interest in doing a Forum weight loss challenge?  (Read 10639 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2008, 04:02:51 PM »

Not doing good.  Fast food is killing me.  I have a hard time getting up in the morning and I typically take too much time getting ready and not have time to make lunch.   I need to change that.

I had a couple of good days of eating well, but the fast food just kills the progress.  Last night we did our valentines, so that was unavoidable, but I did only eat half my sandwhich.

Also picking up some running shoes.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2008, 10:13:32 PM »

I've noticed there are about a half a dozen who isn't really reporting their results on the online database located here... http://www.jxprime.net/Weighttracker/ (which is fine)  However in order to clean things up, if there's not an update by next week, I will have spicyJ remove those entries.  Some haven't participated since the first week.  No sense of having entries that are no longer being used.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2008, 06:10:42 AM »

Quote from: naednek on February 10, 2008, 10:13:32 PM

I've noticed there are about a half a dozen who isn't really reporting their results on the online database located here... http://www.jxprime.net/Weighttracker/ (which is fine)  However in order to clean things up, if there's not an update by next week, I will have spicyJ remove those entries.  Some haven't participated since the first week.  No sense of having entries that are no longer being used.

Well I said that I wasn't going to use that other site. So as long as you're talking about removing entries from there I don't care.

But if you're talking about from the forums here - I don't want my removed. I've had some "external issues" the last few weeks that have prevented me from being able to do much in the weight loss (or anything else), but I'm going to meet with a Personal Trainer tomorrow night to interview them and may start up again very soon
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2008, 12:47:26 PM »

Neadnek has gone power mad!

Actually, thanks for the reminder. I forgot about the spreadsheet even though Spicy had to move mountains to get me my password reset.

Some folks have put up some impressive numbers. No doubt!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2008, 01:39:30 PM »

Quote from: DarkEL on February 11, 2008, 06:10:42 AM

Well I said that I wasn't going to use that other site. So as long as you're talking about removing entries from there I don't care.

But if you're talking about from the forums here - I don't want my removed. I've had some "external issues" the last few weeks that have prevented me from being able to do much in the weight loss (or anything else), but I'm going to meet with a Personal Trainer tomorrow night to interview them and may start up again very soon

Yeah I'm only talking about the online database (which is why I gave the link to indicate what I was referring to Tongue).  It's perfectly fine if you're only interested in putting it on the forums. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »

February 17. 191.4- Was on pace for a 3 lb week this week, but had a late dinner Friday night and that threw the whole thing into chaos.  I even ran twice yesterday to try to get ahead of it, but no good.  <sigh>
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 17, 2008, 12:56:44 PM

February 17. 191.4- Was on pace for a 3 lb week this week, but had a late dinner Friday night and that threw the whole thing into chaos.  I even ran twice yesterday to try to get ahead of it, but no good.  <sigh>

Yeah I'm having a bit of a dichotomy with my efforts as well.  Typically I'm really good Sunday through Thursday but I can't help pigging out when Friday and Saturday hit and I start relaxing and having fun.  I really really need Spring to come soon so it's easier to get back into running.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »

I've been sick since Monday, just starting feeling normal yesterday, and thanks to be sick, I lost 4.4 pounds.  Hoorah!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »

Quote from: naednek on February 17, 2008, 04:12:48 PM

I've been sick since Monday, just starting feeling normal yesterday, and thanks to be sick, I lost 4.4 pounds.  Hoorah!

Lucky sucka!

Oh and ahead of Teggy's weigh in, I'm tied for 3rd for most weight lost! YEAH BRONZE MEDAL!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 06:27:02 PM by ATB » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

Well, last week was a stepback.  Had a very stressful week at work with long hours as we crunch on a major deadline (this wed) and I sought refuge in food.  I was aware of what the consequences would be but chose to do so anyway.  Anyhow, I'm +2 lbs this week- but I'm pretty sure that it's all just stuff sitting in my guts as I ratcheted up the running mileage quite a bit hopefully forestalling any actual weight gain.  I would, to end the month, like to be out of the 190s and that still seems reasonable.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »

Started working out with a Personal Trainer this week. He's changing my diet slowly to make it easier to adjust to. So only dietary changes for this week were that I  was supposed to cut my sodium intake to less than 2500mg a day and was not allowed to have more than 2 diet sodas a day.

Lost about 4 pounds this week so that seems like a pretty good start.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2008, 12:34:21 PM »

190.0- Glimpsed the 180's (189.8 ) twice this week but it wasn't meant to be.  I'm shocked at how long this is taking as I thought I would have no problem of hitting my March 5th goal of 185.  Looks like i'll be about 189 or so.

I'm also getting set to head out on a buisness trip. I hope I maintain my food moderation when the company is paying for all my meals...  drool drool
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2008, 01:19:05 PM »

Last few weeks have been rough but I have thankfully maintained, and even lost about half a pound, down to 244.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »

Lost another 3.5 pounds this week - dropping me to 260 - of course I was hoping to make it just a teensy bit more so I could dip back into the 250's

Hopefully next week.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2008, 12:55:27 PM »

Special pre-first-flight-in-six-years-fatalistic-non-sunday-weigh-in: 188.2.  So I'm 2 lbs off my goal of 186 before my trip to SD. Not bad. It has definitely gone slower than expected, but that's the breaks.  Still, 12.8 lbs is quite a bit thumbsup.

Hopefully this won't be my last weigh in!  crybaby disgust If so, I love each and every one of my fellow fatties!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:57:58 PM by ATB » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »

I have been lax in the weigh-ins, but have been working to strength-train as my carpool days are rapidly going away and I'll be back on the bike to get to work.

I actually gained a couple pounds switching from circuit training to plyometrics; I'm guessing it had to do with sorely underutilized muscles getting attention.

*wince* My clothes fit better except in the shoulders. I miss arm workouts and my forearms are getting spindly and laughable. I need a 6th day workout for Bi/Tricep, forearm and wrist.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »

Well, if you don't count my pre-sure-I-was-gonna-die weigh in I've lost .8 lbs this week...If you do, I've gained 1. Either way, I'll take it as last week had me wholly off schedule and saw me exercise only twice.

So 189.2 is the official weight.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »

I was sick most of the week so only got a half-workout in on monday and a weights-only workout on thursday but still came out ahead this week by dropping another 2.5 pounds and putting me back in the 250's
SpicyJ
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2008, 01:19:01 AM »

I dipped under 270...yay! Lost 4 lbs last week, despite being out of town the whole week.

GT/OO Weight Loss Tracker: http://www.jxprime.net/WeightTracker
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2008, 03:14:31 PM »

Argh, I keep bouncing around the 160-162lb mark, and haven't seen real progress in weeks. Still want to get rid of more weight, but it feels like I've levelled off at this point.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »

Back in the game as of this week. Monday is my new weigh in day.

192.6.  About 4 lbs put back on after futzing around for the last near two months.

Marathon training is in effect and the weights are being lifted!
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2008, 02:46:23 PM »

The best part about training for a marathon.. is you can eat whatever the hell you want.

I used to love the day after a long run, I'd sit at work in eat constantly.  Probably packed in 3000 calories a day, after those long runs and I was still losing weight.

Fun

"Goonies never say die"
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on May 05, 2008, 02:46:23 PM

The best part about training for a marathon.. is you can eat whatever the hell you want.

Amen to that!  Again I only trained for a half but it was amazing how much my appetite skyrocketed--even though I was still losing fat weight and gaining muscle.  That's almost the biggest reason I want to get going on a regular routine again: I want to have an excuse to eat as much as I already do.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2008, 03:11:08 PM »

My buddies and I started a Triathlon team called the Nacho Average Triathlon Team.  http://nachoaveragett.blogspot.com/

We are well known for doing a 3 hour bike ride, and then going to the pub and eating Nachos and Beer.

The best part is.. we can, and not feel guilty about it.

"Goonies never say die"
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2008, 01:01:05 PM »

I can't win. I changed my weigh days to Monday because without fail I'm always 1lb or 1.5 lighter the day after weigh day.

Just for grins I weighed myself yesterday. 190.1. Today on my new official weigh day? 191.2.  It's not fair.  crybaby

I just can't win.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »

190.4.  Whoopee.

I'm really going to be concentrating on my eating this week as I absolutely must start taking my marathon training seriously. This includes eating correctly and getting to bed by 10:30 every night.

Hope it pays off on the scale as well.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2008, 06:45:54 PM »

191.4  mad mad mad mad

I've run 20 miles this week....and I gained a pound.

I'm more cursed than anyone ever.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »

So I shave off my beard yesterday just for a change of pace.  I've had the bloody thing now for the last 6 or 7 years without a break.  Unfortunately, during that time, I've really let myself go to pot in the area of exercise and eating habits.

After I'm done shaving, I suddenly recognize the results of that lack of oversight.  I look like a giant friggin' smiley face.  My double chin has a double chin.  This is the single biggest incentive I've had in the last 10 years to lose weight!   eek

I'll pick up a scale on my way home from work tonight and put in my current weight.  I'm thinking I'll just reduce my daily calories and see if that helps (trust me, what I usually shove down my gullet is a crime against god and nature...it's not like i was even making a half hearted attempt at eating right), as well as ramp up the exercise a bit. 

...i find my thought processes somewhat alarming if the threat of looking like Burl Ives has trumped high cholesterol and the potential development of diabetes.

edit:  weight as of today (july 1st, 2008): 220 lbs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 11:50:35 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 26, 2008, 06:45:54 PM

191.4  mad mad mad mad

I've run 20 miles this week....and I gained a pound.

I'm more cursed than anyone ever.

Two weeks ago I walked 3 miles every morning, ate weight watchers recipes at home five days, and stayed within my beer budget all week. I gained a pound. Last week I said Screw it, I give up. I only walked two days and I ate and drank as much as I wanted. I lost half a pound. I have been fluctuating between 174-177 for at least a year now and my behavior seems to make very little difference from one week to the next. And yet, I soldier on. My wife still needs to lose a lot of weight, so I continue to go through the motions too. I would balloon right back up to 200 again if I gave it up completely.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »

Weighed myself last night:  219.2

Weighed myself this morning after waking up:  211.8

Weighed myself after showering:  215.6

...returning scale after work.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2008, 08:27:31 PM »

lol.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2008, 10:17:55 PM »

Yesterday I made Bigass Salad. Bigass Salad fills three large serving bowls, and will feed both of us at least twice this week. It is just about the healthiest, lowest-calorie thing you can eat.

Bigass Salad starts with a couple of those bags of chopped up lettuce -- two different blends. Then I add:

1 red onion
1 small bag of radishes
5 carrots
5 stalks of celery
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 cucumber
1 pint sliced mushrooms
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 head of cauliflower
3 big broccoli crowns
6 hard-cooked eggs
1 can garbanzos
1/2 lb sliced swiss cheese
1/2 lb sliced turkey breast
Freshly ground pepper
Fresh herbs, if you like

Obviously you can add or subtract whatever you want. Mine never turns out exactly the same way twice. High-calorie things like croutons or bacon bits or black olives defeat the purpose of Bigass Salad (the garbanzos are a questionable choice).

If Bigass Salad doesn't help me drop a pound on next Tuesday's weigh-in, there's something amiss.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2008, 01:22:58 AM »

stumbled across this site earlier today while looking for an online calorie counter.  the food diary alone is worth registering with the site...plus it's free.  according to their estimate for a healthy weight loss plan, i need to take in around 1700 calories a day.

right now i'm trying something a friend of mine swears by.  he lost a lot of weight doing the "QOD Diet" .  the gist of it is that you eat healthy every other day and then very little on the "off days".  I'm limiting myself to 500 to 600 calories on the off day though as he stressed that it made following the plan much easier.  however, the moment i feel that it's not working i'll just switch back to low calorie every day.

by the way, can anyone suggest a good, safe, natural appetite suppressant?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:34:27 AM by hepcat » Logged

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »

Okay, down to 200 from 220.  Switched to a low carb diet after seeing a report in the New England Journal of Medicine that showed the results of a 3 year study.  Seems high cholesterol and weight were both significantly reduced in the low carb plan when compared to 3 other popular diets (low fat and another called the "Mediterranean diet").

Started the couch to 5k plan about 45 days ago.  I'm up to half mile run, quarter mile walk, rinse repeat ad nauseum.

170, here I come.   icon_wink

tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 29, 2008, 01:48:15 PM

Okay, down to 200 from 220.  Switched to a low carb diet after seeing a report in the New England Journal of Medicine that showed the results of a 3 year study.  Seems high cholesterol and weight were both significantly reduced in the low carb plan when compared to 3 other popular diets (low fat and another called the "Mediterranean diet").

Started the couch to 5k plan about 45 days ago.  I'm up to half mile run, quarter mile walk, rinse repeat ad nauseum.

Hepcat...checkout the TNT Diet - http://forums.menshealth.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1991017124/m/1431038013

In just over two months of following the diet and excercise plan I've dropped over 20 lbs. Started at 208 on June 23rd, weighed in at 187 this morning. I look fucking good.  icon_biggrin
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »

Congratulations Hepcat-keep up the good work!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »

Quote from: tiktokman on August 29, 2008, 03:13:24 PM

Hepcat...checkout the TNT Diet - http://forums.menshealth.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1991017124/m/1431038013

In just over two months of following the diet and excercise plan I've dropped over 20 lbs. Started at 208 on June 23rd, weighed in at 187 this morning. I look fucking good.  icon_biggrin

icon_lol  thanks for the link, I'll check it out. 

And thanks for the kind words, Canuck!

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »

As of this morning, I have officially lost 20 pounds.  235 to 215.   icon_biggrin

Funny thing is, I didn't really make any drastic changes to my diet.  I just started doing high-intensity cardio and lifting 3 times a week since last September.   About the only change I made is cutting out the occasional fast food (i.e. once or twice a week).  I can tell I've actually lost much more fat than that, since I've gained a ton of muscle mass over the last year.  All my shirts are much tighter in the shoulders, and my pants are much looser in the waist.  smile  If I could just manage to kick my Pepsi habit, I'm sure I could drop the remaining 15 pounds to hit my 200 lbs. goal in no time.  Guess that'll be the next goal.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2008, 03:47:45 PM »

I know that personally I was eating WAY too much junk food.  Paying even a little attention to what I ate helped tremendously at first.  Looking back I'm amazed at how much I'd put away in a day.  Being able to say "no" to the cookies and cakes people leave in the office kitchen each morning is tough, but worth it!

drifter

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2008, 05:46:16 PM »

Might as well jump in.  I started hitting my treadmill 2.5 weeks ago.  My last weigh in at the doctors office I ws 254 and i am down to 238 this morning.  Having a buggered up thyroid dont help.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: