http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 11:21:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snakes. On a Plane. Impressions.  (Read 972 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2006, 04:06:18 AM »

Hell yeah. Extremely entertaining flick that by no means should ever be seen by people with a fear of airplanes or of flying. Or people who like small dogs. B+ entertainment. Not a lot of people in our theater but maybe people have started going elsewhere. Regardless, everyone cheered when they were supposed to and the infamous line added during reshoots was great. Even better is what Sam said immediately afterwards. icon_twisted

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 08:02:30 AM »

Hells yeah, that was anentertaining flick. My friend and I walked out saying that it definitely lived up to the hype. Not much else to say but that it was probably the best movie I've seen in the month of August in a looooooooooooong time.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 08:26:28 AM »

Snapes on a Plane?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 11:30:37 AM »

Don't think I'd waste $10 going to see this movie at the theaters, although I'd consider renting it.

I've seen a couple previews saying it had an older guy using the PSP in it and a young kid using the DS.. sort of showing Nintendo with a "kiddy" image and the PSP for older gamers.
Any comments on the videogame-related stuff in the movie?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »

Not see it in the theater?  Renting it?  You're missing out on the party!

I walked into a packed theater last night to the sounds of everyone chanting, "Snakes!  Snakes!  Snakes!  Snakes!"

Every preview, "WHERE ARE THE SNAKES?!"

Throughout all the previews, and pretty often during the movie, you'd hear random people everywhere doing a quiet, "SSssssssssSSSSsssss..." snake sound.

People cheered every cheesy moment, shouted encouragements to Samuel L. Jackson, screamed "No!" For every impending death.

Oh, and when the snakes were about to be released, the whole theater came together with a seemingly rehearsed, "THREE!  TWO!  ONE!   SNAAAAAAKES!!!!"

I haven't had that much fun at a movie opening in a long, long time.  That was a party.

Ten thumbs up!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 02:41:21 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on August 19, 2006, 08:26:28 AM

Snapes on a Plane?

bowdown

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 05:03:42 PM »

i found it realy entertaining as well.

I had a good time, I dont feel I wasted my money, and there were some seriously hilarious parts in the movie.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 19, 2006, 11:30:37 AM

I've seen a couple previews saying it had an older guy using the PSP in it and a young kid using the DS.. sort of showing Nintendo with a "kiddy" image and the PSP for older gamers.
Any comments on the videogame-related stuff in the movie?

There was a guy playing the PSP and there was mention of Playstation and XBox, but there was neither any mention or sightings of any Nintendo product. Oops, spoiler!

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 07:12:50 PM »

Don't think I'd waste $10 going to see this movie at the theaters, although I'd consider renting it.

I agree.

I don't see what the damn hype is about this movie, it looks awful.  Is this like one of those pet rocks, tammaguchi or Cabbage Patch kind of fad thing people go through every year about one thing or another?

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 09:21:43 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on August 19, 2006, 07:12:50 PM

I agree.

I don't see what the damn hype is about this movie, it looks awful.  Is this like one of those pet rocks, tammaguchi or Cabbage Patch kind of fad thing people go through every year about one thing or another?
The comparisons to the Rocky Horror Picture show are pretty valid.  This isn't a movie you're meant to see alone on your couch, you need a crowd of people being rowdy for it to work.  If that's not your thing, I don't think the movie would be very interesting.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 03:50:52 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 19, 2006, 01:33:41 PM

Not see it in the theater?  Renting it?  You're missing out on the party!

I walked into a packed theater last night to the sounds of everyone chanting, "Snakes!  Snakes!  Snakes!  Snakes!"

Every preview, "WHERE ARE THE SNAKES?!"

Throughout all the previews, and pretty often during the movie, you'd hear random people everywhere doing a quiet, "SSssssssssSSSSsssss..." snake sound.

People cheered every cheesy moment, shouted encouragements to Samuel L. Jackson, screamed "No!" For every impending death.

Oh, and when the snakes were about to be released, the whole theater came together with a seemingly rehearsed, "THREE!  TWO!  ONE!   SNAAAAAAKES!!!!"

I haven't had that much fun at a movie opening in a long, long time.  That was a party.

Ten thumbs up!

I wanna be at that screening!

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 10:09:44 AM »

Wow, where's all this hate coming from?

I must have been half asleep but I was actually thinking some of these posts were serious about it being a good movie.. it is after all, just text on a computer screen.. hard to tell sarcasm.

On a serious note what killed this movie for me was the hot model in Stuff talking about how she played with the snakes and helped feed them during breaks. Since the snakes are the "bad guys" of the movie and you hear about a woman friggin playing with them.. well, a movie or not, that just took the fun out of it.
Plus looking at the previews it looks like they did a lot of computer animations or CGI stuff for the snakes. And the fact that you can so easily tell that, means they're far behind the times especially considering it's 2006.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »

I'm failing to see the hate, Mister 'I rented Vampire Chicks with Chainsaws'.  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 01:33:58 AM »

Damn, I hate agreeing with Kobra.    retardeek icon_biggrin I can't wait for internet hipsters to move on the next big thing.  Quick, someone call Something Awful!

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: