http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 05:05:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small LCD TV question  (Read 529 times)
Azhag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2007, 10:05:52 PM »

So I've been thinking about getting a small LCD tv for the bedroom sometime, and today I got a coupon (for February) from costco in the mail for a great price on one from Sharp. My question is whether these tvs pick up regular over the air signals fine or if you have to do anything to get those. I am not really planning on adding a cable box to the upstairs (although I will have a dvd player.

FYI, I think the one that will be on sale is this one, for $249 with coupon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-LC-20E1U-AQUOS-Flat-Panel-Silver/dp/B00008AJL0/sr=1-6/qid=1167947797/ref=sr_1_6/104-1200426-2184769?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video

~ Tim

P.S.  Although I did just notice that this one is VGA and 4:3 if that's the right one so I might not get that one... but the question is valid either way.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:08:02 PM by Azhag » Logged
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »

Should be fine for OTA, although you might need to add an antenna for better reception. I get the basic channels on mine without an antenna but a few of them are a bit fuzzy. 

The TV you linked doesn't look like it's HDTV capable. Not sure if that's important to you or not, but at that kind of price you can find a Widescreen HDTV.. The one I got:

http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail~dpno~7119791~descr~Astar+Electronics-LTV-19BS+19%22+Widescreen+HD-Ready+LCD+TV+with+Built-In+NTSC+Tuner.aspx

Been using that TV for close to a week now as both my primary TV and computer monitor as well. It does 720p and 1080i so if you decide to add a 360 or PS3 somewhere down the road to it, you know it'll do high definition.

Unless the TV is a)Widescreen and b)HDTV-Ready I personally wouldn't bother with it. Just my 2 cents.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 11:15:08 PM »

Yeah, I agree.  That's why I added the P.S. smile
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 12:38:49 AM »

We have a 20-29" or so LDC in our master bedroom(forgot exact size), it is 1024x768 EDTV.. We've had it for almost 2 years, I got it for some ridiculously low price at the time from Costco, something like $329.00 or whatever (cheap back then).  Anyway, point is, we went EDTV because we have a normal cable signal in the house with no plans for HD Cable.

The picture is fantastic, crystal clear and nice high-res lookin.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 08:00:28 AM »

Funny that you ask about this TV...my neighbor just bought one, and it is a nice set.  But over the air looked like crap...hooked up to a cable box, its very nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: