http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 07:45:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shop.NHL.com has the worst customer service ever  (Read 927 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2008, 04:27:37 PM »

This is a rant post.  I'm just venting here.

I looked locally for a place that sold NHL team hats and, expectantly, didn't find one.  So I ordered a hat through the official NHL shop last night.

After I placed my order, I noticed on the confirmation form that they had used a previous address that I had used about four years ago when I placed an order during my college years as my shipping address.  I found this weird, seeing as how I inputted both the billing & shipping address as the one I'm currently at.  I'm guessing for whatever reason it defaulted to the shipping address I originally used for an order four years ago.

I called them < 5 minutes after I placed an order.  I was told that I had to wait one hour after the order was made in order to change the shipping address.

Ok, so I wait and call back in an hour.  Then I'm told they can't change the shipping address but "they can get the shipping address I would like to use but it's not a guarantee that they would change the order."

I would think, in this day and age, if I called immediately after placing an order I could change the shipping address for an order.  Isn't it kind of like going into your computer order system and changing the address?  I don't know, I haven't worked in that space, but I would think it would be like that.

In any case, checked this morning and the old address is still there.  Change-of-address forms only last for a year... so yeah.  This is lame.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 04:34:57 PM »

Quote from: depward on September 02, 2008, 04:27:37 PM

I looked locally for a place that sold NHL team hats and, expectantly, didn't find one.  So I ordered a hat through the official NHL shop last night.

After I placed my order, I noticed on the confirmation form that they had used a previous address that I had used about four years ago when I placed an order during my college years as my shipping address.  I found this weird, seeing as how I inputted both the billing & shipping address as the one I'm currently at.  I'm guessing for whatever reason it defaulted to the shipping address I originally used for an order four years ago.

I called them < 5 minutes after I placed an order.  I was told that I had to wait one hour after the order was made in order to change the shipping address.

Ok, so I wait and call back in an hour.  Then I'm told they can't change the shipping address but "they can get the shipping address I would like to use but it's not a guarantee that they would change the order."

I would think, in this day and age, if I called immediately after placing an order I could change the shipping address for an order.  Isn't it kind of like going into your computer order system and changing the address?  I don't know, I haven't worked in that space, but I would think it would be like that.

In any case, checked this morning and the old address is still there.  Change-of-address forms only last for a year... so yeah.  This is lame.

Cancel the order and go to http://www.lids.com/.  Best selection of sports teams hats and some gear.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on September 02, 2008, 04:34:57 PM

Quote from: depward on September 02, 2008, 04:27:37 PM

Cancel the order and go to http://www.lids.com/.  Best selection of sports teams hats and some gear.

And of course, you're unable to cancel an order as well... bah.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »

Hey wait a minute... isn't this the online store of the official website of an organization run by Bettman...sheesh, who would have thought it's store would have shit service.  icon_twisted  Might I suggest an edit to your subject line:
Shop.NHL.com has the worst customer service ever and NHL.com is the worst sports site evah!!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 05:53:30 PM »

Depending on their shipping method, either refuse the shipment delivery or give it back to the carrier marked "Return to Sender."  I had an issue with a model aircraft that I ordered where they delayed the shipment and never bothered to inform me.  Once it arrived (after the replacement got there first), it was returned and refunded.  Of course, I made an issue about it and wound up having some phone conversations about it as well.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »

You do whatever it takes to get that Devils hat on your head as soon as possible!!

icon_biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:41:27 PM »

Quote from: Devil on September 02, 2008, 08:21:02 PM

You do whatever it takes to get that Devils hat on your head as soon as possible!!

icon_biggrin

Hat?  By "hat" I meant helmet and I don't mean any old helmet but I want Scott Gomez's sweaty helmet and wear it to bed at night!

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »

Gomez can burn in hell!! Filthy Ranger!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: