http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 01:52:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaun of the Dead  (Read 1105 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2004, 05:35:12 PM »

Click here for trailer.

This looks damn funny, and the word on the vine is that it does turn serious later in the film. Looks like we have another good character-based piece in which scary things happen. Man, I'm hoping that Hollywood keeps this trend up.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 02:50:30 PM »

Went and saw this Sunday morning and damn was it funny. Utterly hilarious spoof on the way we blatantly go about our dead-end jobs and do the same thing over and over and over again with no clear reward other than to sit on the couch and play games. It's great on so many levels because it does turn very, very serious later on, but along the way there is just so much side-splitting humor it's a great ride. The long tracking shots of Shaun going to the local grocer are great, but watching the second one of these I was just dying laughing. This is a great time, people, and I'd suggest everyone try and catch this in theaters as soon as you can. Big thumbs up from me. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 04:40:56 PM »

I'm not one for long explanations, so I'll just say that I saw it, and I enjoyed it. Recommended to all those interested.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 11:54:27 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Went and saw this Sunday morning and damn was it funny. Utterly hilarious spoof on the way we blatantly go about our dead-end jobs and do the same thing over and over and over again with no clear reward other than to sit on the couch and play games. It's great on so many levels because it does turn very, very serious later on, but along the way there is just so much side-splitting humor it's a great ride. The long tracking shots of Shaun going to the local grocer are great, but watching the second one of these I was just dying laughing. This is a great time, people, and I'd suggest everyone try and catch this in theaters as soon as you can. Big thumbs up from me. biggrin

Yup. Won tix from a shop I frequent, preview screening 2 weeks ago. Peed laughing. It's tagline says it all : a romantic comedy. With Zombies.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 09:32:44 AM »

Watched the trailer a couple days ago and I was busting up.  I hardly make it to a theater anymore, but maybe I'll drag myself to one to see this.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: