http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 12:19:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sex and the City  (Read 3974 times)
disarm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2008, 06:21:00 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on May 30, 2008, 09:32:43 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 09:12:37 PM

If I may turn sexist, shallow and ridiculously misogynistic for a few minutes; what the hell happened to Sarah Jessica Parker???  i swear i can remember a time when she was actually the stuff of teenage fantasies.  now she looks like Charles Nelson Reilly in his Lidsville outfit...

She's a prime example of plastic surgery gone wrong. That's what happened.

i have a hard time believing she put much into plastic surgery, yet didn't get that growth on her chin removed...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:31:00 AM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2008, 06:32:58 AM »

Quote from: disarm on May 31, 2008, 06:21:00 AM

If I may turn sexist, shallow and ridiculously misogynistic for a few minutes; what the hell happened to Sarah Jessica Parker???  i swear i can remember a time when she was actually the stuff of teenage fantasies.  now she looks like Charles Nelson Reilly in his Lidsville outfit...

i have a hard time believing she put much into plastic surgery, yet didn't get that growth on her chin removed...

Or that Owen Wilson-esque beak worked on.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2008, 06:39:19 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on May 30, 2008, 07:24:35 PM

My kinda/sorta gf (we've just started dating a few weeks ago, though we er, "hooked up" several times in high school) wants me to go with her. Of course I said no. She said, "I'll make it worth your time." It's looking like I'm gonna have to go frown. Today there's hardly been a thought in my mind except how to bypass the movie and still get the worth my time bit.

Dude she's totally going to give you a BJ in the theater!!  If you go, I'm sure your man points lost and man points gained will even out.
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »

Quote from: Biyobi on May 31, 2008, 06:32:58 AM

Quote from: disarm on May 31, 2008, 06:21:00 AM

Or that Owen Wilson-esque beak worked on.

Leave Owen Wilson out of this!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2008, 12:59:56 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on May 30, 2008, 09:20:11 PM

IRC has delivered the goods. SarahJessicaParkerLooksLikeAHorse.com

Awesome!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2008, 01:10:10 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on May 30, 2008, 06:23:15 PM

Quote from: ATB on May 30, 2008, 06:12:21 PM

Quote from: Eduardo X on May 30, 2008, 05:42:44 PM

Thank god Jennifer found somebody else to see this with, because I refused to go.

You still lose for starting a thread about it. Lose real bad.
Maybe listening to some Avril Lavigne will make it better?

Touche.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2008, 03:15:45 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on May 31, 2008, 06:39:19 AM

Dude she's totally going to give you a BJ in the theater!!  If you go, I'm sure your man points lost and man points gained will even out.
I'm not sure I could keep it up while looking at Sarah Jessica Parker.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2008, 03:49:20 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 08:56:07 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 30, 2008, 08:44:18 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 08:13:05 PM

I know that PR_GMR was all hyped for this one.  He'd even put together his "Carrie outfit" for the midnight showing.  Weeks after the movie was announced he was continually starting threads on the official fan board for SaTC with titles like "Why I'm the Anti-Samantha" and "Shoes, Jews and Shrews: The Sex and The City FAQ".

Yes, hepcat, you've uncovered my secret plans. I am going to cross-dress and sneak into a screening. I hear that men won't be allowed at screenings of 'Sex And The City' even if they wanted to go. It's a secret estrogen society movie. The result of my sneaking will be a front page review at Horror-101.com.

PR_GMR catches an afternoon movie with friends...May, 2006

Tongue

ok, late to the party but L freaking O L!

shouldn't that be 2008 though?  are you still signing your check 2006?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2008, 06:47:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 31, 2008, 03:49:20 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 08:56:07 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 30, 2008, 08:44:18 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 08:13:05 PM

I know that PR_GMR was all hyped for this one.  He'd even put together his "Carrie outfit" for the midnight showing.  Weeks after the movie was announced he was continually starting threads on the official fan board for SaTC with titles like "Why I'm the Anti-Samantha" and "Shoes, Jews and Shrews: The Sex and The City FAQ".

Yes, hepcat, you've uncovered my secret plans. I am going to cross-dress and sneak into a screening. I hear that men won't be allowed at screenings of 'Sex And The City' even if they wanted to go. It's a secret estrogen society movie. The result of my sneaking will be a front page review at Horror-101.com.

PR_GMR catches an afternoon movie with friends...May, 2006

Tongue

ok, late to the party but L freaking O L!

shouldn't that be 2008 though?  are you still signing your check 2006?

sorry, SatC was just opening so i had to dig out a photo from a little while back.  That was PR at the premiere of Nanny McPhee.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2008, 07:20:55 PM »

It did $26.9m last night.  "Indy" was second at less than half that.   

"by far the best opening day ever for a romantic comedy"
"third highest ever for an R-rated pic"
- Variety

icon_eek
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 07:24:48 PM by Sarkus » Logged

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »

sweet mother of god, i smell a sequel. 

i don't think i wanna live in a world that wants to know anything more about those annoying yentas.  the only unanswered question from the first film i could imagine would exist would be, "If they were to all suddenly die from a random drive by shooting, how could one get the bullets back before a CSI team could analyze them?".

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »

this has got to be the best pic of her ever.  geebus crystler, i'm still laughing about it.

the funny continues...
The Sexy City Laser Mole Removal
Blade Free Mole Removal, Free Consultation.
www.dermacaremedical.com

Old Hag Varicose Veins Treatment
Best in NYC Proven & Comprehensive Treatment
www.VeinTreatmentCenter.com

City Botox Injections for Aging Hipsters
Synergy Spa offers Botoxfor facial wrinkles
www.smoothsynergy.com

Over 40 and Your Career is Shot?
Educational opportunities for washed-up actresses
www.nycareers.com

BEST. GOOGLE. ADS. EVAR

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 11:08:04 PM »

I got out of going!!! A friend of my sorta/kinda gf said she could make it, so I got the call that I didn't have to go. Now it's a matter of still getting the "worth your time" bit.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2008, 03:15:51 AM »

Quote from: Caine on May 31, 2008, 08:53:56 PM

this has got to be the best pic of her ever.  geebus crystler, i'm still laughing about it.

The question you have to ask yourself is how Ferris could fall so far as to marry that?   disgust

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2008, 04:50:52 AM »

Lil' Matty Broderick isn't much of a looker himself....

PSN ID: EduardoX
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on June 01, 2008, 04:50:52 AM

Lil' Matty Broderick isn't much of a looker himself....

with gas prices breaking the 4 dollar mark all over the country, lil' matty was smart in obtaining an alternate form of transportation.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2008, 11:20:09 PM »

My Fair Lady and I saw this opening day in Times Square since we were visiting from Dallas for the week. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, nor the longest I've ever spent in the theater thinking about other things I could be doing ("The Thin Red Line" holds both those titles) nor was it the best. I tuned out completely about half an hour in and started being amused by all the women in the audience who were in tears start to finish. I knew going in I wasn't the target audience, but it was a chance to see the movie of My Fair Lady's favorite show while in New York City. Can't beat that with a stick. SJP, on the other hand...

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2008, 12:30:47 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 01, 2008, 11:20:09 PM

SJP, on the other hand...

...already looks like she's been beaten by a stick...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2008, 12:48:42 PM »

I started dating my now wife before the show came on.  Had I known little miss horsefaces characters name, I could have held tryouts for any future Mrs. Hiccup.  The bar would have been set high too, anyone named Carrie and previous supermodel/playboy experience.  Yes, my last name would have been a powerful wingman.

Just a little hiccup.
MHS
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2008, 03:20:33 PM »

Being smack dab in the exact center of the target demographic for this movie, I thought I'd try to explain.  I realize this is the internet and we're not here for logic, but only to make fun of things, but here I go anyway.

Women past high school/college age have a somewhat more difficult time making and keeping really close friends (you may have noticed.)  Guys can maintain friendships a lot more easily because you're a lot less complicated and psychotic.  We women have to fucking TALK about everything and it inevitably leads to misunderstandings and things of that nature.  An example: if one of your guy friends started dating someone horrid, you probably wouldn't have to tell him all about how she's wrong for him and hurting his self-esteem, and listen to him cry whenever they break up but keep from saying anything too bad because you know they'll get back together and he'll resent you for what you said... blah blah blah.  Women do this kind of shit.  So, it's a LOT harder to maintain friendships, and yet it's what we all want.  SatC is really about that, not the clothes and shoes and crap that no real woman could afford (or should even like, it's all hideous anyway).  It's because every woman harbors this fantasy of having friends for her who are there no matter what, and who stick together through boyfriends instead of suddenly letting her life revolve around the new guy.  I have NEVER had that kind of female friendship... if you exclude my mother and my daughter, my four closest, best friends are all guys.  I like guys because they don't do the things mentioned above, and because the things I'm interested in (poker, hockey, comic books, games) aren't the things ANY normal women in her 30's ever talks about.  But I still wish I had that.  If for no other reason than it would be so nice to have someone to call about things who I wouldn't have to worry "Is it weird that I'm calling this guy in front of Neal?" even though I know he isn't jealous, knows that he has nothing to worry about, and knows that I just am weird.

It also touches a place inside any women who has ever been single and makes us remember what it's like to feel that hopelessness that you're ever going to find someone and that fear that there is something terribly wrong with you and why does everyone else seem to have a boyfriend, which is why so many women relate to it.

Anyway, I saw it on opening day.  I didn't plan to...I would have been happy to wait longer but it worked with my schedule and my mom wanted to go, so I did.  I laughed, I cried, I kissed $8 good-bye and it was fine.  So, that's my take.  I don't have a man-card to turn in, so I'll just slink away in shame now.

"they're lucky they found an MHS out there, otherwise their fates would have been sealed."
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2008, 03:52:29 PM »

I don't have a man-card to turn in, so I'll just slink away in shame now.

Nice impressions, MHS, and your thoughts are understandable. It's a chick flick thru and thru. You don't have to turn any man-card in. Instead, you should hold up your vagina-card proudly.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2008, 04:26:20 PM »

Quote from: MHS on June 02, 2008, 03:20:33 PM

If for no other reason than it would be so nice to have someone to call about things who I wouldn't have to worry "Is it weird that I'm calling this guy in front of Neal?" even though I know he isn't jealous, knows that he has nothing to worry about, and knows that I just am weird.
This seems like an innocent statement, but when a dude whose ass appears on a banjo thinks you're weird, that's saying something.
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 01, 2008, 11:20:09 PM

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, nor the longest I've ever spent in the theater thinking about other things I could be doing ("The Thin Red Line" holds both those titles) nor was it the best.

I just love that category of evaluation, "longest I've ever spent in the theater thinking about other things". I dropped the "...I could be doing" in part since I have sat through long, dismal movies thinking about things besides things I could be doing, like things people could be doing to me  icon_wink.

My wife and I rented "The Thin Red Line" and gave up on it fairly quickly. I can imagine the mental turmoil in the theatre, deciding whether to sacrifice the already spent money and leave, versus hoping it's somehow going to get better.

Regarding "Sex In The City", the first time we saw an ad for it, I turned to my wife and said, "You realize you're going to have to find someone to go to it with you". I have gone with her to some movies that the GT audience would definitely label "chick flicks", but husbands do have to make those sacrifices. On the other hand, "Ya Ya Sisterhood" did include both Sandra Bullock and Ashley Judd in skimpy nightwear, so there are some benefits. And "Made of Honor" was actually a decent flick, although I consoled myself in the knowledge that Patrick Dempsey drives race cars and co-owns an Indycar team.

However, "SITC" does push the husbandly duty thing to the limit. I can't finding a movie playing right now that would be of equal trade value, some over the top sci-fi or war flick would be appropriate. Something approaching the value of "Apocalypse Now", for instance.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2008, 04:25:05 AM »

Quote from: Roscoe on June 02, 2008, 04:45:48 PM

I just love that category of evaluation, "longest I've ever spent in the theater thinking about other things". I dropped the "...I could be doing" in part since I have sat through long, dismal movies thinking about things besides things I could be doing, like things people could be doing to me  icon_wink.

I'll recall that for future reference.

Quote from: Roscoe on June 02, 2008, 04:45:48 PM

My wife and I rented "The Thin Red Line" and gave up on it fairly quickly. I can imagine the mental turmoil in the theatre, deciding whether to sacrifice the already spent money and leave, versus hoping it's somehow going to get better.

It never did. Fireball and I were sitting there agog at how awful it was and I finally had enough. I stood up to leave and he pulled me back down with the rationalization that we'd have to sit through it again if something cool happened at the end. Then nothing did and it was over.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
snow
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2008, 04:53:17 AM »

Ok, I saw this yesterday with my wife and actually had a lot of fun.  As far as the movie was concerned, there were funny moments and numerous sex scenes with boobs.  However, the movie itself was eclipsed by the endless entertainment provided by the audience. 

The girl to guy ratio must have been at least 50:1, and it was like being a spy in the secret sisterhood of women smile  What did I my mission of espionage uncover amongst all all the ooh, aahs, thigh slaps and near orgasmic sighs?  The observations are too many to report, but I will share a few.  First, I knew women liked looking at wedding dresses, but seeing their favorite character try on designer wedding dresses causes unfettered ecstasy.  Throw in a Louis Vuitton bag and they've suddenly hit tantric levels.  Second, if you want to increase the chances of a  "successful" date, have the lights dimmed and candles lit.  It seems cliche, but apparently it never gets old.  And finally, if you want a guaranteed tool for scoring, please build yourself a large, designed closet.  Knock down an adjacent room if you must!

I may have to turn in my man card for saying this, but I'd take this summer movie experience over Iron Man any day smile
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2008, 04:57:40 AM »

Quote from: snow on June 03, 2008, 04:53:17 AM

I may have to turn in my man card for saying this, but I'd take this summer movie experience over Iron Man any day smile

With a sentence like that I'm not sure you were ever issued a man card to begin with. saywhat
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2008, 05:42:53 AM »

I like the show and enjoyed the movie although they really turned the girly factor up a notch. Hey, at least I didn't walk out of this one like I did Indy. Not like I had a choice even if I wanted to.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2008, 06:41:05 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on June 03, 2008, 05:42:53 AM

I like the show and enjoyed the movie although they really turned the girly factor up a notch. Hey, at least I didn't walk out of this one like I did Indy. Not like I had a choice even if I wanted to.

Wait...people really walk out of movies?  I thought that was just something stupid people made up.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2008, 07:38:12 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on June 03, 2008, 06:41:05 AM

Wait...people really walk out of movies?  I thought that was just something stupid people made up.

I know people walk out of movies.  I've seen it in TV.
tgb1.1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2008, 12:27:47 PM »

When I told Ruth that she could go see it without me, she replied "I don't want to see that shit.  When is the X Files movie opening?"

I love Ruth.

"My performance in Postal as 'Nazi Theme Park Owner' outperforms easily Ben Kingsley in Schindler's List!" - Uwe Boll
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »

The first movie I remember my wife and I walking out of was John Badham's "Dracula". It wasn't very good and we aren't into gore.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2008, 02:45:14 PM »

You walked out of Indy IV? I know some people think it's bad... but it's not 'walking out of a theater' bad.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »

Quote from: tgb1.1 on June 03, 2008, 12:27:47 PM

When I told Ruth that she could go see it without me, she replied "I don't want to see that shit.  When is the X Files movie opening?"

I love Ruth.

So do I.  Why can't more women be like Ruth?  My wife was at Sex and the City opening night.  However, she did go to an X Files convention with me and would go see the new movie as well since she watched the series and saw the first movie.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2008, 03:55:24 PM »

Quote from: Biyobi on June 03, 2008, 07:38:12 AM

Quote from: The Grue on June 03, 2008, 06:41:05 AM

I know people walk out of movies.  I've seen it in TV.

two movies i've walked out on and the reasons why:

1) Andy Warhol's Bad - Watched it at my college theater with some friends.  Walked out when they showed a baby fall from a 10 story window and then nibbled by a passing dog.  Warhol may have been a decent painter in the realm of pop art, but he was utterly horrible as a filmmaker.

2) Caligula - Again, at the college theater.  Walked out when they went from showing Peter O'Toole (who i worship as an acting god) to displaying two centurions giving each other oral pleasure in an alcove.  I'm not a prude and I'm not homophobic, but I admire O'Toole so much that it just made me feel angry for him.  He couldn't have known that the film would eventually just become (really bad) pornography.

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2008, 03:59:42 PM »

None of the actors in Caligula knew it was going to be turned into a porn. It was mostly done after most of the movie was finished.

PSN ID: EduardoX
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on June 03, 2008, 03:59:42 PM

None of the actors in Caligula knew it was going to be turned into a porn. It was mostly done after most of the movie was finished.

I thought so.  O'Toole wouldn't stoop to such lows.  I had to watch My Favorite Year three times to wash the taste of Caligula out of my mouth...

...uh...that didn't come out right. 

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »

Quote from: MHS on June 02, 2008, 03:20:33 PM

It also touches a place inside any women who has ever been single and makes us remember what it's like to feel that hopelessness that you're ever going to find someone and that fear that there is something terribly wrong with you and why does everyone else seem to have a boyfriend, which is why so many women relate to it.

I just have to say that this problem isn't exclusive to women. I'm 31 and I've been single since High School. And yes, I do often feel the sense of hopelessness, so I don't really think it's fair to generalize it as a woman-only issue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: